I'd like to address a pet peeve of mine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Assault clip?

post-1699-129919767646.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Though this is very funny, I sincerely hope that when any of you hear a person that is really trying to learn our hobby refers to a magazine as a clip; that you all go out of your way to politely remind them of the difference?

Two weeks ago I am at Precision during lunch and three gentlemen with baggy pants and baseball caps askew strolled into the lane next to me. They were nice enough and asked me about my guns and what I liked about it etc. The three of them shared the one gun and seemed to want to be part of the fraternaty of gun lovers. I knew they were new to the range and the gun so I kind of kept an eye and an ear on them since I was next to them. I heard the apparent leader refer to his bullet holder as a clip and I shot all three of them!

AHA! Got ya! Actually, I stopped what I was doing, asked them to stop for a second and explained the difference between a clip and a magazine; and a pistol and a revolver. They seemed to have appreciated their new found knolwedge.

It was then I realized that I would be rewarded the next time these 3 fellows did a drive by in Scotlandville and would actually know the correct nomenclature of their murder weapon.

Education is a good thing.:D

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    My favorite misinformed combo move is "How many shells fit in that clip?"

I don't lose any sleep over it as I'm sure we've all done it. I still refer to ammo as "bullets" sometimes even though technically they are not. If you want to get really picky, there's no such thing as a semi-auto AK-47. But we all still call them AKs.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    My pet peeve are people who are afraid of urine; the ones that freak-out if you don't wash your hands after you pee. If I'm at a public toilet, I ain't washing. The less contact with anything in a public bathroom the better. Know your enemy; it's not urine. Feces is our foe. Urine is sterile, and it can be your pal.

1. Lost at sea in a dingy? Guess what you're gonna be drinking.
    2. Just got hit by a JellyFish? Some nice warm urine will clear that right up. Girls, you'll have to find a guy to pee on you - Sorry. AFAIK, there's no where on my body that I cannot reach with a strong urine stream: bring it on JellyFish.
    3. Radiator starts to leak on a barren stretch of highway north of Rachel, Nevada? You guessed it: you are your own Prestone®. It's even the same color.
    4. Little ennui setting in on that camping trip and you left your SuperSoaker® in the closet? Girls, you won't have the range we do, but with some strategery I'm confident even you could make a kill.

I challenge all of you to do any of the above with feces. Try cramming it in your radiator. Smear it on a terrible sting. Throw it at a fellow camper. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    My favorite misinformed combo move is "How many shells fit in that clip?"

I don't lose any sleep over it as I'm sure we've all done it. I still refer to ammo as "bullets" sometimes even though technically they are not. If you want to get really picky, there's no such thing as a semi-auto AK-47. But we all still call them AKs.

how may bullets fit in that shotgun clip...

combo-breaker-2.jpg

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    I never post like this because it shows off one of my own pet peeves; but, since that is the title of this thread I have no choice but to point it out!

Sigh ...

"Activly" should be spelled actively, and it should be "...a gun's fixed magazine..." instead of "guns". The apostrophe is added to show possession, while the added "s" shows a plurality of guns.

I can't help it... it jumps out at me just as bad as hearing someone grabbin' them clips.

/grammar police off ... sigh...

:rolleyes:

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    My pet peeve: Someone who speeds up and swerves in front of me only to turn at the next right and takes their sweet time doing it.

[/back on topic]... kinda sorta

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I never post like this because it shows off one of my own pet peeves; but, since that is the title of this thread I have no choice but to point it out!

Sigh ...

"Activly" should be spelled actively, and it should be "...a gun's fixed magazine..." instead of "guns". The apostrophe is added to show possession, while the added "s" shows a plurality of guns.

I can't help it... it jumps out at me just as bad as hearing someone grabbin' them clips.

Then do not; and I really mean do not, read hotshotmatts posts from "wtb 9,40,45!":noes:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    My pet peeve: Someone who speeds up and swerves in front of me only to turn at the next right and takes their sweet time doing it.

[/back on topic]... kinda sorta

They probably call "magazines" clips and have rotten grammar, too.

I don't think I've ever corrected someone's terminology. As far as I'm concerned, it's a handy giveaway as to how much they know about firearms. If I'm asking someone for their opinion on a particular pistol, and one of the first things they tell me is the size of the "clip", I know to take the rest of it with a grain of salt.

I've said it before and I'll say it again-- never once have I heard a truly knowledgeable or serious shooter/gun person refer to a magazine as a clip.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    They probably call "magazines" clips and have rotten grammar, too.

I don't think I've ever corrected someone's terminology. As far as I'm concerned, it's a handy giveaway as to how much they know about firearms. If I'm asking someone for their opinion on a particular pistol, and one of the first things they tell me is the size of the "clip", I know to take the rest of it with a grain of salt.

I've said it before and I'll say it again-- never once have I heard a truly knowledgeable or serious shooter/gun person refer to a magazine as a clip.

and they stutter uncontrollably

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA

Sigh ...

I see one that you missed. (Two, depending on how technical you want to be)

(Hint) look just to the bottom left of the banana clip on the right side of the picture. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom