I'd like to address a pet peeve of mine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    Lol, you're right! Parenthesis instead of a comma, "except"! :D

As in "Every rule has its exceptions, except this one."

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Another of my peeves is the dweebish study of Sci-Fi languages, such as Na'vi and Klingon. I don't care if you waste your time learning, just don't act like it should get you into Harvard or regale me with a translation of where is the swimming pool?

I also can't take a Microwave's alarm. I HAVE to stop it manually before T minus zero. I don't know if that's a peeve or a compulsion, though.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    My pet peeve are people who are afraid of urine; the ones that freak-out if you don't wash your hands after you pee. If I'm at a public toilet, I ain't washing. The less contact with anything in a public bathroom the better. Know your enemy; it's not urine. Feces is our foe. Urine is sterile, and it can be your pal.

1. Lost at sea in a dingy? Guess what you're gonna be drinking.
    2. Just got hit by a JellyFish? Some nice warm urine will clear that right up. Girls, you'll have to find a guy to pee on you - Sorry. AFAIK, there's no where on my body that I cannot reach with a strong urine stream: bring it on JellyFish.
    3. Radiator starts to leak on a barren stretch of highway north of Rachel, Nevada? You guessed it: you are your own Prestone®. It's even the same color.
    4. Little ennui setting in on that camping trip and you left your SuperSoaker® in the closet? Girls, you won't have the range we do, but with some strategery I'm confident even you could make a kill.

I challenge all of you to do any of the above with feces. Try cramming it in your radiator. Smear it on a terrible sting. Throw it at a fellow camper. Good luck with that.

You can't see it, but I just gave you a slow-clap to standing ovation.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Another of my peeves is the dweebish study of Sci-Fi languages, such as Na'vi and Klingon. I don't care if you waste your time learning, just don't act like it should get you into Harvard or regale me with a translation of where is the swimming pool?

I also can't take a Microwave's alarm. I HAVE to stop it manually before T minus zero. I don't know if that's a peeve or a compulsion, though.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You should change your screen name to "Ifitfliesthereisavariableprobabilitythatitdies" unless, of course, you expect us to believe that you have never, and never will, miss.
    Unless, you are talking about the fact that all living organisms are mortal and will, of course, eventually die.
    Then your screen name should be "Ifitfliesthenitisalivingorganismthatwilleventuallydie".

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    My pet peeve are people who are afraid of urine; the ones that freak-out if you don't wash your hands after you pee. If I'm at a public toilet, I ain't washing. The less contact with anything in a public bathroom the better. Know your enemy; it's not urine. Feces is our foe. Urine is sterile, and it can be your pal.

1. Lost at sea in a dingy? Guess what you're gonna be drinking.
    2. Just got hit by a JellyFish? Some nice warm urine will clear that right up. Girls, you'll have to find a guy to pee on you - Sorry. AFAIK, there's no where on my body that I cannot reach with a strong urine stream: bring it on JellyFish.
    3. Radiator starts to leak on a barren stretch of highway north of Rachel, Nevada? You guessed it: you are your own Prestone®. It's even the same color.
    4. Little ennui setting in on that camping trip and you left your SuperSoaker® in the closet? Girls, you won't have the range we do, but with some strategery I'm confident even you could make a kill.

I challenge all of you to do any of the above with feces. Try cramming it in your radiator. Smear it on a terrible sting. Throw it at a fellow camper. Good luck with that.

That's one of my pet peeves. People that think urine is sterile. It is true that, barring some bladder infection, your urine inside your bladder is sterile or practically sterile. However, there is bacteria that lives inside your urethra (ie, your penis) that gets blasted out along with your urine everytime you go take a leak, thus rendering your pee un-sterile.

:D

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I've actually had a guy tell me, and he swears he's right, that a magazine is a device for a machine gun that holds a large amount of ammo. A clip is that little thing that holds bullets that slides in the grip of a handgun.

And this guy says he was a sniper for USMC.

I think he enjoyed a little too much meth.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    The whole clip/magazine thing is overblown to me. EVERYONE knows what you mean when you say clip IN A GUN RELATED CONTEXT. Just like we know what a Magazine is in that context. Just saying magazine alone could be MANY things, even WITHIN the gun context! Is it a ammo storage area or a device for feeding bullets? Is it a paper soft cover publication or a metal or plastic spring loaded cartridge dispensing system for a pistol or rifle? I laugh inside at those who get their undies in a bunch over the clip/magazine distinction. The English language IS flexible and DOES change over time. Deal with it. There are MANY MUCH better things to get upset/pickey about like "assult weapons" and "gunshow loopholes" that that enegry could be directed to IMO.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, I may as well list one of my own.

Ahem....So here it is:

These "shoot 'em up" movies that feature scenes where a cop/bad guy/whoever points what is obviously a Glock pistol at someone.......

....and the Glock goes "CLICK" as if they're cocking the SOB with their thumb, or releasing a safety of some sort.:doh::doh::doh:

(This happened in "Righteous Kill" so many times I nearly lost count....:mad:)

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Theoretically, a magazine does, in fact, clip ammunition together. And many of them "clip"-on to the weapon as opposed to being inserted into a magwell.

Yeah sometimes the cocking of hammerless guns and clicking of an empty weapon in movies can really kill it for me. I try not to let it ruin the movie, but it's one of those things that takes me out of the story and reminds me "hey, you're watching actors run around on a set" instead of enjoying the film.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom