Im considering using my vote for this....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    We are a country of laws populated for the most part by law abiding citizens. When they come for your guns, you will give them up and seek redress through the courts. When they say "Drop your gun." you will not simply say "Not today ************." (Like a friend of mine did right before he caught a load of 000 buck in the liver.) It will be the same as the Nazis did to the Jews. First it will be a little law that only restricts some of your rights, and when that settles in there will be another. Sooner or later, you will have no rights. People coming after you will ask "Why didn't you fight?" "Didn't you see it coming?" And you will respond that you believed the Constitution would protect you. However, the Constitution is interpreted by judges and the judges will be chosen by those who desire to see you stripped of your rights. And you will have no redress. You will be sheep. And you will be sheared and slaughtered at will.

There will be several justices appointed to the Supreme Court by the next President. These justices will determine the direction of the Court for the forseeable future. It doesn't matter what the next President's foriegn or domestic policy is. That will only last a few years. It does matter who the judges are because they are appointed for life. All of the Justices appointed by Carter and Clinton interpreted the 2nd Amendment as not protecting an individual right. It would be in your best interest to vote for Republicans because the pool of judicial candidates that they tend to draw from in general recognizes more individual rights (except as to criminal procedure) than the pool of judicial candidates acceptable to the Democrats.

It is not about McCain and whether you like him or not. It is more about preventing the liberal fascists (Obama/Pelosi/Reid) from having an absolute monopoly on the government. Wake up. Understand how government actually works. Imagine Obama winning as creating the "perfect storm". The last time this occurred, Clinton handed us the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Dan

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    There will be several justices appointed to the Supreme Court by the next President. These justices will determine the direction of the Court for the forseeable future. It doesn't matter what the next President's foriegn or domestic policy is. That will only last a few years. It does matter who the judges are because they are appointed for life. All of the Justices appointed by Carter and Clinton interpreted the 2nd Amendment as not protecting an individual right. It would be in your best interest to vote for Republicans because the pool of judicial candidates that they tend to draw from in general recognizes more individual rights (except as to criminal procedure) than the pool of judicial candidates acceptable to the Democrats.

It is not about McCain and whether you like him or not. It is more about preventing the liberal fascists (Obama/Pelosi/Reid) from having an absolute monopoly on the government. Wake up. Understand how government actually works. Imagine Obama winning as creating the "perfect storm". The last time this occurred, Clinton handed us the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Dan

Obviously you are too old to understand the real issue........... it's far more manly to vote for a "protest candidate" than to worry about the impact the Supreme Court might have on our lives.

I guess it's a testosterone thing.

Shore am glad I ain't old.:rolleyes:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I am suffering from the "WTF happened and how am I suddenly this old" syndrom. Last week I dropped my daughter off at college (I am now an empty nester.) This year for my dad's 70th birthday we put alot of the family pictures on dvd. I was looking at some of our old hunting pictures including a 1982 elk hunting trip. During that trip I though he would have a heart attack and die on that mountain. The pictures reminded me that at the time he was several years younger than I am now (and in no worse shape). I feel as though I could go on a mountain hunt tomorrow although my brain snaps me back to the reality of what that really entails and how much work it would take to get into the shape that I took for granted 26 years ago.

Dan

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Obviously you are too old to understand the real issue........... it's far more manly to vote for a "protest candidate" than to worry about the impact the Supreme Court might have on our lives.

I guess it's a testosterone thing.

Shore am glad I ain't old.:rolleyes:

Hey, somebody's got to be the sheepdog!:rolleyes:;) :mamoru::rofl:

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    I hate getting into political discussions and I really try to avoid them...really. I just happened to come across the thread when I was a tad bit on the drunk side the other night.
    One of my pet peeves though is others "telling" someone how they should vote.

Putting that aside though, I agree with some on here that they should vote how they truly believe and feel about a candidate being the best/suiting their best interests. Those who support the third party candidates, thats great. They may not stand a snowballs chance in hell, but if you feel that is the best option for you, go ahead and vote that way. I agree the republican party needs a wake up call from true conservatives.

Problem is this may not be the time to make it.

As pointed out there are many other reasons to vote for Mccain as the conservative (moderate) voice, rather than sending your "message" now.
    dzelenka, has a valid point about the supreme court justices that will be appointed by our next president. You can plan on at least three of them; and the last thing this country needs are the ones that osamabama would appoint. We do not need liberal judges ruling on anything in the constitution. Period. It will be disasterous.
    Next we do not need a weak commander in chief for our armed forces. We have troops all over the world in harms way. They don't deserve to be under the leadership of someone that will have them run rather than fire back. Also I'm afraid that other around the world will see osamabama as a weakening of America. Someone that may not be so willing to fight back after another terrorist attack. I'm afraid it will be inviting attacks on US soil once again.
    Third, we do not want under any circumstance, a democratically controlled congress and a president to match, you can pass the laws that they see fit, with-out opposition enough to stop them.
    osamabama's financial policies don't add up either. He has some of his proposals posted, and when examined by experts,the numbers don't add up. And lets face it you can not tax your way out of a recession.
    As much as I hate mccain being the president, I hate the thought of osamabama being the president even worse.
    I believe that they will both harm this country, but osamabama will do much, much more damage. So when it comes to voting "communist" or "communist lite", you have to o with the "lite. At least that way we may stand a chance to fight another day.

I won't tell our third party voters, not to vote that way; but just think about it. Any vote taken away fro mmcain, is certainly a vote for that assclown obamma.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I just happened to come across the thread when I was a tad bit on the drunk side the other night.

That's the only way I'd ever peruse this forum.

I agree the republican party needs a wake up call from true conservatives.
    Problem is this may not be the time to make it.

We do not need liberal judges ruling on anything in the constitution. Period. It will be disasterous.

Next we do not need a weak commander in chief for our armed forces. We have troops all over the world in harms way. They don't deserve to be under the leadership of someone that will have them run rather than fire back. I'm afraid it will be inviting attacks on US soil once again.

Third, we do not want under any circumstance, a democratically controlled congress and a president to match, you can pass the laws that they see fit, with-out opposition enough to stop them.

As much as I hate mccain being the president, I hate the thought of osamabama being the president even worse.
    I believe that they will both harm this country, but osamabama will do much, much more damage.

Any vote taken away fro mmcain, is certainly a vote for that assclown obamma.

It's awfully hard to argue with such a logical assessment. Which guarantees that some folks here will pose such arguments.

Top Bottom