Im considering using my vote for this....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    McCain doesn't own a firearm, doesn't understand the principles behind firearms rights or ownership .....

Maybe you have a source for your statement ??

Maybe the following will be of interest to those who retain a modicum of objectivity:
    San Francisco Chronicle May 13 said:
    "We've had our disagreements, everybody knows it," NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre told The Associated Press in an interview Tuesday. "I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on those. We're not foolish enough to ignore the vast areas of agreement in which John McCain has been a friend to gun owners."

McCain is scheduled to address the NRA convention Friday in Louisville, Ky.

The likely Republican presidential nominee has voted against a ban on assault-type weapons, but has broken with the NRA in favoring a requirement for background checks at gun shows. McCain also has voted to shield gun-makers and dealers from civil suits."
    Note: San Francisco Chronicle is hardly a pro-gun newspaper.

NOW ...to address a couple of other posters:
    Those planning to write-in votes for Ron Paul need to open their horizons. We have 300 million people living in the U.S. (plus one or two illegal aliens). Pick a friend or neighbor ....or maybe yourself, and cast that vote for a TRUE PATRIOT. You'll have done just as much good as voting for any other write-in candidate.

OR .......silly as it seems ........ you could recognize that EVERY election requires us to pick the lesser of two evils. (Unless you have somehow identified a PERFECT candidate .....and I somehow doubt that you have managed to do this).

So grow up, tone down the righteous indignation over your "perfect" candidate not being on the ticket, and vote for the person less likely to allow the continued degradation of the country.

OR ..... just keep posting petulant rants on gun forums. (Hopefully "petulant rants" isn't redundant ..I guess I'll hear from Pangris if it is).

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Maybe you have a source for your statement ??

When all of the candidates were asked, at one of the debates, if they owned a firearm he said that he does not own one.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe the following will be of interest to those who retain a modicum of objectivity: Note: San Francisco Chronicle is hardly a pro-gun newspaper.

McCain also spoke at a LaRaza event. He spoke at an NRA event?...So did Rudy Giuliani. People turn into whores for votes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW ...to address a couple of other posters:
    Those planning to write-in votes for Ron Paul need to open their horizons. We have 300 million people living in the U.S. (plus one or two illegal aliens). Pick a friend or neighbor ....or maybe yourself, and cast that vote for a TRUE PATRIOT. You'll have done just as much good as voting for any other write-in candidate.

OR .......silly as it seems ........ you could recognize that EVERY election requires us to pick the lesser of two evils. (Unless you have somehow identified a PERFECT candidate .....and I somehow doubt that you have managed to do this).

So grow up, tone down the righteous indignation over your "perfect" candidate not being on the ticket, and vote for the person less likely to allow the continued degradation of the country.

OR ..... just keep posting petulant rants on gun forums. (Hopefully "petulant rants" isn't redundant ..I guess I'll hear from Pangris if it is).

We don't have to write him in, he'll be on our Ballot here in Louisiana. The day I push the "Ron Paul/Barry Goldwater Jr" button will be one of the proudest days of my life so far. I don't care if I'm the only one to push it.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    4:33 "I used a lot of guns -insert military service card spiel-, I don't own any now."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=johgObXb_1I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=johgObXb_1I[/ame]

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    4:33 "I used a lot of guns -insert military service card spiel-, I don't own any now."

So what if he does not own any guns? You have to look how a person votes. I am sure that it would surprise you to know that one of the most pro-gun legislators from Louisiana, has never owned a gun. He is A+ rated by the NRA, is one of their floor leaders and is the author of many of Louisiana's recent pro-gun statutes (notice I said statutes, not bills since he has gotten them passed).

John McCain has supported gun owners in the past. Has he been 100%? No! Is he my first choice for President from all of the politicians in the country? No! Is he the best choice of the candidates in the 2008 election who has a reasonable chance to win? Yes? A vote for anyone else is a vote for Obama. Let there be no mistake about it Obama is the enemy of all gun owners. He will actively try to **** us. At worst, McCain will just not go out of his way to help us. There is a major difference.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    A vote for either of them is a vote for Globalist Fascism. I am not for for Globalist Fascism, you can vote however you like.

I have no sympathy for men who follow unjust laws.

What about Elitist Global Fascists ............ are they OK ??

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Are you wearing your tin foil hat?

Explain what is tin foil hat worthy about what I said, please? Are you researched in politics or just jumping on a bandwagon? A "Moral Obligation" to intervene in matters of the world, specifically with Military force in African conflicts, for example, is a Globalist outlook. Those words came from McCain's mouth.

I don't wear tin foil, and I also don't wear a blindfold.

Do you realize who McCain's friends and Allies are in Washington? They certainly aren't Pro-Second Amendment or Pro-Constitution people. His party members, in large part, see him as a liberal, Clinton calls him her "Very dear friend", and he & Joe Liberman are best buddies...etc. Reality is ugly sometimes, and I know who has a chance to win the election...it surely doesn't mean that I have to vote for them -or that I should-.

If the Winner is Wrong, and the Loser is Right, I'll gladly be with the Losers my whole life.

I've always been "The nice guy" when it comes to women, sometimes it sucks but I don't regret it. I certainly wont regret continuing living for my principles when it comes to politics.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    That's funny. That guy interviews the most insane people he can find, with the weakest arguments, and instigates them...then they put it on the news as typical. lol

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    Do you hate fox news too manimal?
    I dont like how they wouldnt put Pauls name on the damn chart, or even show that he was beating Ghouliani911 .
    Ignoring a candidate.. is ridiculous.

Thats practically endorsing every other candidate.

Everytime i asked someone on the street about Ron, theyd reply with

"who is he?"

" he hasnt been on the news"
    Only time he ever got on the news was on cnn when we all dropped 6 million dollars.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    nah, I don't hate anyone.

It's a business, I understand...them mentioning Ron Paul is like Wal-Mart having an ad for a Local Produce stand on their receipt. It may be lesser known, but the product is better and it's competition.

I don't blame them, just don't share their beliefs.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    That's funny. That guy interviews the most insane people he can find, with the weakest arguments, and instigates them...then they put it on the news as typical. lol

When is he going to start interviewing members here at BS.com ................. some of the folks here make the people on the video look positively well-adjusted.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom