Im considering using my vote for this....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Voting for a candidate that doesn't have a chance in hell is akin to watching a 15 year old beat the snot out of an 80 year old lady and not doing anything to help the old lady.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    So you're saying that more people should vote for the candidate with no chance?

I agree...definitely, in this case. Thank you for your support.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    So you're saying that more people should vote for the candidate with no chance?

I agree...definitely, in this case. Thank you for your support.

No. Voting for a candidate with no chance is like not doing anything. And in fact, it does more harm than good.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Forget it Swamper. Mr. Manimal is a righteous man who has no room for the reality of our political system. He would rather use his vote to uphold his beliefs than to hold his nose and do what is prudent to prevent the worst case scenario with respect to his 2nd and 5th Amendment rights. He is to be commended because his heart is pure. His conscience will be clear because it is our own fault that Obama/Pelosi/Reid control the country. After all, we, who lack the commitment of true believers, are willing to compromise our morals and vote for a flawed candidate because it is expedient in serving our immediate interests.

Please don't trouble him further with your petty arguments.

Dan

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Forget it Swamper. Mr. Manimal is a righteous man who has no room for the reality of our political system. He would rather use his vote to uphold his beliefs than to hold his nose and do what is prudent to prevent the worst case scenario with respect to his 2nd and 5th Amendment rights. He is to be commended because his heart is pure. His conscience will be clear because it is our own fault that Obama/Pelosi/Reid control the country. After all, we, who lack the commitment of true believers, are willing to compromise our morals and vote for a flawed candidate because it is expedient in serving our immediate interests.

Dan

Hey Dan,you hit the nail on the head. I'm sure we'd all like to be there at the exact instant a youngster finally realizes how the world really works. The expression on their faces is PRICELESS! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville

Dan

It was worth a shot. Perhaps what is needed is what my friend's dad refers to as a "for instance."

Candidate 1 (C1) believes in gun ownership and has a chance of winning.
    Candidate 2 (C2) believes in gun ownership and has no chance of winning.
    Candidate 3 (C3) believes in heavy gun regulation (ultimately banning of guns) and has a chance of winning.

Suppose enough people vote for C2 that it causes C1 to lose and C3 to win. What the voters for C2 have ultimately done is lost the war for gun ownership. The noble vote they have made whilst sticking to strong ideals is a foolish one. To be a little more harsh and using some fuzzy logic, this foolishness has in fact put them on the side of gun regulation; they have become the enemy in a war of ideas.

Edmund Burke said:
    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Dan:

I just hope that the youthful members who see everything in absolutes and who are so outspoken in their unequivocal pronouncements of which candidates are "worthy" of our votes (irrespective of the viability of said candidates) are archiving their posts.

One day, when they are all grown up, they are going to laugh at their adolescent pontifications just as hard as the rest of us are doing right now. (I'm trying to remember just how old I was when I thought I knew everything.)

Absent mental illnesses or the excessive use of street drugs, most people outgrow their childish traits. Maturity is a journey ..... some people just travel at a faster pace than others.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    It was worth a shot. Perhaps what is needed is what my friend's dad refers to as a "for instance."

Candidate 1 (C1) believes in gun ownership and has a chance of winning.
    Candidate 2 (C2) believes in gun ownership and has no chance of winning.
    Candidate 3 (C3) believes in heavy gun regulation (ultimately banning of guns) and has a chance of winning.

Suppose enough people vote for C2 that it causes C1 to lose and C3 to win. What the voters for C2 have ultimately done is lost the war for gun ownership. The noble vote they have made whilst sticking to strong ideals is a foolish one. To be a little more harsh and using some fuzzy logic, this foolishness has in fact put them on the side of gun regulation; they have become the enemy in a war of ideas.

You just simplified how Ross Perot lost Bush Sr his second term.:thumbsup: And I really mean simplify, and yet, they still just don't get it.:rolleyes:

tgrshooter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    New Orleans
    You are all wise in your old age. You would think that after years of living through this process, you would awaken to the reality, and realize there isn't any difference between the mainstream republican candidates and democratic candidates. Sure let McCain get elected, and I'll be the guy in the back saying "I told ya so" four years from now when our gun rights have eroded even more.

And all this talk about youngsters and blind idealism or whatever, I beg to differ. My dad is in his 60s now and tells me over and over again how he regrets voting for the republican in the past as the "lesser of two evils." He has come to realize that when he looks back, his conscience weighs on him for having contributed a vote to an unconstitutional candidate. The knowledge and experience he has gained over the years and the research he has done has put him in the position where he agrees with much of the same that I see the "younger" members on this board.

Didn't Nixon get elected to help end the vietnam war? Yeah we saw how well that presidency went. When Bush first ran in 2000, he ran on the platform of no nation-building and how we shouldn't police the world. Yeah, we're definately living up to that!

Don't you guys learn anything from history? I would think there would be more real men of courage and character on this board, than to just be complacent and give into this elementary mentality of "lesser of two evils"

And please spare the "young and dumb idealistic kid" responses. That is a weakass argument.

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    You are all wise in your old age. You would think that after years of living through this process, you would awaken to the reality, and realize there isn't any difference between the mainstream republican candidates and democratic candidates. Sure let McCain get elected, and I'll be the guy in the back saying "I told ya so" four years from now when our gun rights have eroded even more.

And all this talk about youngsters and blind idealism or whatever, I beg to differ. My dad is in his 60s now and tells me over and over again how he regrets voting for the republican in the past as the "lesser of two evils." He has come to realize that when he looks back, his conscience weighs on him for having contributed a vote to an unconstitutional candidate. The knowledge and experience he has gained over the years and the research he has done has put him in the position where he agrees with much of the same that I see the "younger" members on this board.

Didn't Nixon get elected to help end the vietnam war? Yeah we saw how well that presidency went. When Bush first ran in 2000, he ran on the platform of no nation-building and how we shouldn't police the world. Yeah, we're definately living up to that!

Don't you guys learn anything from history? I would think there would be more real men of courage and character on this board, than to just be complacent and give into this elementary mentality of "lesser of two evils"

And please spare the "young and dumb idealistic kid" responses. That is a weakass argument.

Thanks for saying it for me, i didnt feel like typing all that lol

Damn we are soo ignorant... :mamoru:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    We don't have to write him in, he'll be on our Ballot here in Louisiana. The day I push the "Ron Paul/Barry Goldwater Jr" button will be one of the proudest days of my life so far. I don't care if I'm the only one to push it.

Thanks for saying it for me, i didnt feel like typing all that lol

Damn we are soo ignorant... :mamoru:

you are ignorant. the proudest day of your life. thats youth speaking. hard to believe at your age (whatever that is) you would say that.

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    Oh, i got ya.

Nah, its just that a lot of people who voted for him in the primaries.. and actually liked him.

When you really believe in something, you will do anythig to support it.

I just see voting for him instead of Mccain and obama as a :madfawk: vote.
    Most people my age dont make over 250,000 and dont realize that what hes saying is about taxes is ********.

Lets face it, Obama sadly, has this election in the bag.

He has Mobilized the black vote.....thats pretty rare and he has all the bleeding heart liberals.
    Barack has conquered my entire generation, my generation was mostly Paul or Obama.

We dont like the war or the foreign policy. I loved bush until 911.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

Dan

Sweet Baby Jesus, I think Dan is on to something! I do not, however; place blame on the small community that is this forum...it is far too large scale. It's the fault of the whole of "We the People" who have lost their way, and become comforted by big government, excess luxury, simple minded entertainment, and wants rather than needs.

Hey Dan,you hit the nail on the head. I'm sure we'd all like to be there at the exact instant a youngster finally realizes how the world really works. The expression on their faces is PRICELESS! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh old man, your wisdom is far beyond my years. Your so very much older than me. I...I simply wouldn't have a clue about the reality of the world. Why, I've never done anything other than sit in this computer chair...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i dont understand how paying $500 to put a no-chance candidate on a ballot and flipping a switch is an accomplishment.

thats what i meant.

Because Gun Laws mean about as much as Drug Laws. If people want them, they will get them. I'm not going to **** away the rest of my Constitution because some Elite Globalist pretends to care about my Gun rights because that is the only thing that separates him from the other side.

As I said before. I have no sympathy for men who follow unjust laws. I'm going to stick with my principles because I believe they are right, I don't believe that McCain is right or good in any way and I will not give him my vote. I will not have the blood of more soldiers, dying in foreign lands, on my hands because I am afraid to fight for what is right here at home. I will not hold the torch that ignites my Constitution and Bill of Rights. -Me- voting for Paul is not voting for Obama or McCain...they have -never- had my vote, they will -never- have my vote. The word Republican is meaningless to me, as is Democrat.
    -----

I respect all of you guys a lot for a number of reasons, even the people who seem to dislike me, but when it comes to Politics you have completely failed in providing sound arguments, in my feeble mind. I think you're all good men, entitled to vote for whoever you want, as am I. I wouldn't ask for you to do otherwise.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Sweet Baby Jesus, I think Dan is on to something! I do not, however; place blame on the small community that is this forum...it is far too large scale. It's the fault of the whole of "We the People" who have lost their way, and become comforted by big government, excess luxury, simple minded entertainment, and wants rather than needs.

Oh old man, your wisdom is far beyond my years. Your so very much older than me. I...I simply wouldn't have a clue about the reality of the world. Why, I've never done anything other than sit in this computer chair...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Because Gun Laws mean about as much as Drug Laws. If people want them, they will get them. I'm not going to **** away the rest of my Constitution because some Elite Globalist pretends to care about my Gun rights because that is the only thing that separates him from the other side.

As I said before. I have no sympathy for men who follow unjust laws. I'm going to stick with my principles because I believe they are right, I don't believe that McCain is right or good in any way and I will not give him my vote. I will not have the blood of more soldiers, dying in foreign lands, on my hands because I am afraid to fight for what is right here at home. I will not hold the torch that ignites my Constitution and Bill of Rights. -Me- voting for Paul is not voting for Obama or McCain...they have -never- had my vote, they will -never- have my vote. The word Republican is meaningless to me, as is Democrat.
    -----

I respect all of you guys a lot for a number of reasons, even the people who seem to dislike me, but when it comes to Politics you have completely failed in providing sound arguments, in my feeble mind. I think you're all good men, entitled to vote for whoever you want, as am I. I wouldn't ask for you to do otherwise.

other than spend 500 dollars, and type some e-tough guy words what have you done?

you wont serve in the military (insert your youthful reason)
    you are basing an entire election on gun rights and drugs. interesting combination, no?

life is not as simple as you think. its more frail than you think.

i get so tired of the "they are never going to get my guns crap. its easy to type tough. that goes for EVERYONE. read up on fight or flight.

Top Bottom