Interesting study on handgun wounding...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Isn't this horse dead by now?

69281826489183198371.gif

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    If I wanted to make sure someone was KILLED, I would carry something bigger. I'm not looking to kill anyone; just to stop the attack. Furthermore, most of the attacks are stopped at the sight of the gun. Therefore, all calibers are equal in THAT aspect.
    :doh:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    ............. My BERSA .380 has not failed me, and I don't ever believe it will...............

:eek3:

That's good to hear. Mind sharing with us how many BG's you've dispatched with your trusty .380, to justify your faith in it?

LSP: I believe this satisfies your criteria for "targets of opportunity." :D

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    If I wanted to make sure someone was KILLED, I would carry something bigger. I'm not looking to kill anyone; just to stop the attack. Furthermore, most of the attacks are stopped at the sight of the gun. Therefore, all calibers are equal in THAT aspect.

I would hurt myself on this facepalm...

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    In 32 acp I would NEVER consider carrying HP's. I carry hard cast lead +P Loads from Buffalo Bore. They have ballistics from the Keltec P32 that I carry sometimes that show that their load is driving the 75 grain bullet at 910 fps. They might have enough butt to get to some place effective.

Dave

After that "learned dissertation"" you post that you carry a .32 ACP for self defense ?? In a Kel-Tec no less ?

I'm now convinced there is one Dave posting under two screen names on this forum.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    After that "learned dissertation"" you post that you carry a .32 ACP for self defense ?? In a Kel-Tec no less ?

I'm now convinced there is one Dave posting under two screen names on this forum.

I do on occasion carry the P32 with a Crimson Trace on it. But only in situations where nothing else will work. It's either carry the P32 or nothing sort of thing.

I know that some Keltec's don't run. I've shot well over 500 rounds through it. Much of that 500 was mixed loads. Mine runs.

Dave

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    You're the second one that tells me I should question my use of the word, "study"! Maybe I should have read the damn thing before posting it.

Dave,

I'm confused. You posted a link to an article and asked people for their opinion on it, yet you didn't read the article you're asking others to read?

Do I have this correct?

JR1572

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom