Jim's Firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Yep Brooks and Bryan were the best of them
    Thinking back there may have been a guy before brooks that was my go to guy and he was the one that went into the military (can’t think of his name but he was also awesome), he’s the one that recommended I use Brooks in the future. IMO once those guys left my shopping experience wasn’t the same.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I think it’s safe to say you’re in the minority and what you consider fair market pricing others consider extremely overpriced.
    I may have been in the minority, but I am speaking from my experience and dealings with them. As far as my purchases they were fairly priced as compared to an Academy, Bass Pro or other sporting goods store. I do not know anyone at Jim's personally nor do I disagree that others may have had bad service. Again, I can only speak from my experience and dealings with them.

Last edited:

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I have noticed that a lot of the local none Chain Gun Stores have major attitude issues. Jim's, Bowie, Hebert, Waggenspack, Kyber Pass, Nicks, Ford, and do not mention pawn shops.

Maybe the bad attitude just comes with running gun shops? I do not know. I have had the same experience with several places around the New Orleans Area, North Shore, and in Ocala Florida as well.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I was looking for a Beretta PX-Storm in .45 for my son for his birthday. Called around town and finally called Jim's and spoke to a young lady, and she said they had one in the showcase, and gave me a price over the phone. Went to pick it up and it was almost $50 more than I was quoted. They refused to honor the quoted price so I walked. I called around and ended up ordering one from the cop shop on Florida Blvd (Accurate Firearms?). Only took three days to get it and it was $50 less than the price I was originally quoted at Jim's.

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    Been a few years since I've been in Accurate, but have made several purchases from them when I worked in the area. Good prices, friendly \ helpful staff and smooth dealings for me.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    have you been to Cabelas????
    I think that’s most big box stores with a few exceptions maybe with certain employees. I cringe when I’m at academy and hear some of the stuff the employees tell people.

Just to name a few things I’ve heard that come to mind:
    “9mm nato has more black powder in it than regular 9mm”
    “ I use fmj because jhp opens up and won’t penetrate deep enough”
    “ jhp are a waste of money. It’s just marketing hype”
    “ It come with xx clips”
    “ the only difference in all these pistols are the name on them. Your paying for the brand name”
    “ buy a soft universal holster so you can use it with any gun you buy”
    “ the green tips will penetrate body armor and were made to shoot through tanks on the battlefield”

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I think that’s most big box stores with a few exceptions maybe with certain employees. I cringe when I’m at academy and hear some of the stuff the employees tell people.

Just to name a few things I’ve heard that come to mind:
    “9mm nato has more black powder in it than regular 9mm”
    “ I use fmj because jhp opens up and won’t penetrate deep enough”
    “ jhp are a waste of money. It’s just marketing hype”
    “ It come with xx clips”
    “ the only difference in all these pistols are the name on them. Your paying for the brand name”
    “ buy a soft universal holster so you can use it with any gun you buy”
    “ the green tips will penetrate body armor and were made to shoot through tanks on the battlefield”
    This makese want to get a second/part time job at academy or something just hear some of these myself in person. Lmao

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Well it looks like they need a reality check..... take a snap shot of the original price that you bought it for, then report them to the BBB for using bait and switch tactics which are wholly illegal

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Well it looks like they need a reality check..... take a snap shot of the original price that you bought it for, then report them to the BBB for using bait and switch tactics which are wholly illegal
    They don’t care about that!!!! Lol, for ever sharp minded gun buyer there’s 50 that have no idea and will throw there money to pay there prices… they will just smile at you and wait for you to move to the side so the sheep can come in and pay the primo prices

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The BBB can't do anything to help you . IF the business is a member of the BBB , they will make a report and then ask YOU to resolve the matter so they can delete the negative report .

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    They don’t care about that!!!! Lol, for ever sharp minded gun buyer there’s 50 that have no idea and will throw there money to pay there prices… they will just smile at you and wait for you to move to the side so the sheep can come in and pay the primo prices

BINGO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I have to admit. I did pay Jim/Hebert over charge prices once. But it was because they had something that was hard to find, I wanted it NOW, and was tired of looking. I paid about 400 over what the gun was worth.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have to admit. I did pay Jim/Hebert over charge prices once. But it was because they had something that was hard to find, I wanted it NOW, and was tired of looking. I paid about 400 over what the gun was worth.
    Gotta pay the cost to be the boss!!! but yea i agree... i have paid more than i wanted to before for the "give it now, i need it" mentality lol

Top Bottom