Jordan Jefferson's charges reduced to simple battery

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Don't hate me! I went to college at Bama as did the rest of my family, so they are my #1 team. However, I pull for LSU in just about every game. I think Lee is doing a stand up job at QB and has proved himself. He's directing the offense well and landing some great passes. IMHO he worked for the spot and deserves it. Win or lose, he's really matured over the years. I'm looking forward to November 5th for a truly great matchup!

tigertaylor1

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Houma, LA
    Lee has earned the starting spot and will keep it unless he regresses, then JJ will have a shot. This is Jarrett Lee's team for now and that's the way it should be. I'm sure we will see JJ in there in the next couple of weeks at some point, but Les has already told him that Lee is the starter. Lee has put up with a lot of bs since his freshman year and we are lucky to have him still here. Geaux Tigers

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Lee has earned the starting spot and will keep it unless he regresses, then JJ will have a shot. This is Jarrett Lee's team for now and that's the way it should be. I'm sure we will see JJ in there in the next couple of weeks at some point, but Les has already told him that Lee is the starter. Lee has put up with a lot of bs since his freshman year and we are lucky to have him still here. Geaux Tigers

Kinda makes you wonder how much more he could have progressed if he actually played in previous years.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    At least Lee will still be the starter for Kentucky and Jefferson will be the back-up but could potentially see some play time according to what Miles said last night....

I swear...if he redshirts Jefferson and Mettenberger transfers I will go over to the darkside and become a 'Tide fan....

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Whoever is the bettr QB should start. Lee has been doing much better than in the past. Either way nothing really matters if we can't beat Alabama.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    So far this year, Lee is right above the average stats of all previous BCS QB's who have won a Championship in the last decade.

He's not going anywhere.

JJ will run some QB Attack plays, maybe, and that is all.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    If they let him back on the team and play him as quarterback then LSU Athletics will lose all respect from the SEC.

To me, misdemeanor battery charges are enough to be removed from any LSU athletic program.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    To me, misdemeanor battery charges are enough to be removed from any LSU athletic program....

If he's convicted of those charges then I'll agree...so far the only people who have convicted him are the media and the "fair-weather" fans....

If he should be removed just because he was indicted but not convicted, then we'll have to get rid of Mettenberger and Brad Wing, the punter, too.....

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    That's what I'm thinking....they'll have him run the QB read option with Sheppard in the backfield with him on 1st down, 3rd and shorts and goallines...

Not sure about that either though. That DROPPED PASS by Randall was the FIRST TIME in 40 Red Zones that LSU did not score once they got in the Red Zone. To include last year too obviously. 40 Red Zone appearances with a TD and the first one is a dropped pass and wasn't Lee's fault. I think Miles is pretty confident in him by now.

If they let him back on the team and play him as quarterback then LSU Athletics will lose all respect from the SEC.

To me, misdemeanor battery charges are enough to be removed from any LSU athletic program.

I think if they let him back it will defintely jack with the mojo the team has now.

If he's convicted of those charges then I'll agree...so far the only people who have convicted him are the media and the "fair-weather" fans....

If he should be removed just because he was indicted but not convicted, then we'll have to get rid of Mettenberger and Brad Wing, the punter, too.....

Did their mishaps happen this year? and what was the offense?

t-train

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Miles doesnt have to play him at QB. He has some speed, size, and could very possibly play tight end or something of that nature. This would quell "das racist" remarks from the peanut gallery and keep LSU on a winning track with Lee at the helm. I think Miles makes foolish mistakes at times, but losing his bonus for winning a NC just to start the worst QB wont happen. To much to lose. And ask the WR who they want back there... Lee has the job, and will keep the job barring injury. My .02c

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    He has one lawyer, his parents are middle class working folk, not typical welfare recieptients. And besides if a booster wants to pay for a lawyer who cares.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Did their mishaps happen this year? and what was the offense?

Wing was issued a misdemeanor summons at the end of June for simple battery....As far as I know, it still hasn't been resolved...

Mettenberger was arrested, charged and convicted of misdemeanor sexual battery early last year (which is the reason why he was dismissed from Georgia and played at a JuCol last year)

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Wing was issued a misdemeanor summons at the end of June for simple battery....As far as I know, it still hasn't been resolved...

Mettenberger was arrested, charged and convicted of misdemeanor sexual battery early last year (which is the reason why he was dismissed from Georgia and played at a JuCol last year)

Zach is a non issue. He messed up in another school, LAST year.

Wing should be suspended too IMO and should have never started.

Eitherway JJ was the QB/LEADER of the LSU Football Team and a Sr. at that.
    "To whom much is given, much will be required" Luke 12:48

The leader of the team should be the LAST person breaking curfew and getting into Bar Fights. IMO it simply shows his severe LACK in leadership.

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Zach is a non issue. He messed up in another school, LAST year.

Wing should be suspended too IMO and should have never started.

Mettenberger was still convicted, regardless of what school he was at the time....Should he have even been allowed to join the Tigers to start with given the fact that he has a criminal record?

Wing was only issued a summons...has not yet to this point been indicted for anything....

Jefferson was arrested and charged with a felony and indicted on a lesser charge....

I'm just pointing out the irony of those who don't think Jefferson should be allowed back on the team but yet are willing to overlook the mis-deeds of the other players....

Top Bottom