Jordan Jefferson's charges reduced to simple battery

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Let's see... JJ goes to a club (breaking curfew with 20 other players) is assaulted and whips someone's hindquarters. Or not.

Our new QB Mettenberger was charged with sexual assault and dismissed from his old university.

Where were the all of these self-proclaimed "moral high grounders" when we found out that he was transferring to LSU???

I'll tell you. The majority were silent.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You've got to be kidding. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Take JJ out of the equation for a minute. The option?

You really think the secret to beating Alabama is running the option- the most unsuccessful play in our entire arsenal?

If we don't have a PASSING GAME against Alabama, we will not beat them. It's as simple as that. If we don't have a passing game, we will not have a running game either- because that's the only we we'll be able to set up the run. The Bama interior is good. Their LBers are better than ours. We will have to throw the ball.

We currently have a passing game. Do the math.

Without a good passing game we are in trouble with Alabama. Without a good running game it's the same. It's AWESOME to have a dual threat QB but I'd trade some mobility for more of a pure passer IF my OL could give him time.

The one chink in LSU's formidable armor is the QB. While I'll take what either of the two can give NEITHER are proven. Under PRESSURE we will see Lee's ability to (a) avoid the first wave of the rush, (b) audible better plays based upon what the opposing defense shows and (c) NOT FORCE A PASS INTO COVERAGE. Both he and JJ have suffered the latter in their past. Having just left home for Indy it would be SUPERB if we could win another National Title. While I never pray for such things it would be a gift of gifts for me right now...

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Originally Posted by JBE:
    "Mettenberger was still convicted, regardless of what school he was at the time... Should he have even been allowed to join the Tigers to start with given the fact that he has a criminal record?"

I think that's severe overboard. A young man screwed up and has thus paid for his mistakes. FAR MORE than any other random kid who would have done the same b/c at the time he was going to be their Starting QB. No telling what could have happen that year. So I say he's MORE than paid his dues. IMO and according to the LAW it's over.

Were you ever a youngman or were you born at 40? :mamoru: Sheesh ....

Amazing.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Four file lawsuit against LSU players, bar over brawl

The lawyer for four men injured in a bar brawl involving a group of LSU football players are suing them and the owners of the bar where it happened.

The men filed suit against former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson and linebacker Josh Johns, as well as DBJ Interests LLC, doing business as Shady's Bar.

They claim Jefferson and Johns seriously injured them in a fight outside the bar last August, and that Shady's didn't do enough to make sure people in their parking lot were safe.

Attorney Michael Bienvenue filed the suit on behalf of Eric Ewen, Jordan Wills, Cayne Cox and Andrew Lowery.

Lowery and Ewen claim they were kicked and beaten while on the ground, sustaining serious injuries to their backs and faces. Wills and Cox claim they had several cuts and bruises.
    http://www.wbrz.com/news/four-file-lawsuit-against-lsu-players-bar-over-brawl/

:)

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Funny how they waited until he signed a pro contract to file suit...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

bsramzy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    prairieville
    I was just about to post the same thing. But Jefferson realistically wont be making millions. This lawsuit will definitely hurt his bank account since LSU wont retain his lawyer

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom