Jordan Jefferson's charges reduced to simple battery

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Mettenberger was still convicted, regardless of what school he was at the time....Should he have even been allowed to join the Tigers to start with given the fact that he has a criminal record?

I think that's severe overboard. A young man screwed up and has thus paid for his mistakes. FAR MORE than any other random kid who would have done the same b/c at the time he was going to be their Starting QB. No telling what could have happen that year. So I say he's MORE than paid his dues. IMO and according to the LAW it's over.

Were you ever a youngman or were you born at 40? :mamoru: Sheesh ....

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I would just love to know who's paying his legal bills.

No one. His case was handled by an attorney friend of the TAF. Pro Bono. Same guy that handled the last quarterback problem and the lineman that was slapped with assault charges. The team has their choice of free lawyers in BTR.

That's not to say some money changed hands somewhere sometime down the line....but back when the original charges were announced, JJ's attorney stepped forward and announced his intention to be his legal representative.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I'm just pointing out the irony of those who don't think Jefferson should be allowed back on the team but yet are willing to overlook the mis-deeds of the other players....

If anything, by forcing Lee to start this year it has made him a better athlete, I think we have a better shot at beating Alabama with both QBs playing. With Jefferson running the ball on the option giving Lee a break when needed. But all the talk of kicking him off over this bullshitt is unbelievable. Along with the I wonder how he got the money for his lawyer, I know it might be hard for some of you(charlie12) to believe, but there is good black Americans who raise there kids right and believe in the same morals and values as most of us.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I think that's severe overboard. A young man screwed up and has thus paid for his mistakes. FAR MORE than any other random kid who would have done the same b/c at the time he was going to be their Starting QB. No telling what could have happen that year. So I say he's MORE than paid his dues. IMO and according to the LAW it's over.

Were you ever a youngman or were you born at 40? :mamoru: Sheesh ....

It was overboard....and dripping with sarcasm...:p

More of a vent against those who want Jefferson crucified over his ALLEGED mistake while all the while overlooking the mistakes others made...I just love pointing out the hypocrisy...

I'm all for him, Wing and Mettenberger being on the team...

And, yeah, I was young once....and how I never got arrested for half of the stuff I did at that age I'll never know...If had been arrested or summoned for every bar fight I got in, I'd spent half of those youthful years in court....

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Here is the undeniable truth: Jarrett Lee's performance so for this season has solidified him as the starting QB. He is the person that has taken them to their current status. I love it- because many folks across the nation seemed to think they'd see the "same ole Jarrett Lee" that they remembered from 2008-09. Apparently that's all they could remember. Lee showed signs of what he's capable of last year- literally rescuing JJ in three SEC games (TN, UF, Bama). He's more than capable.

Given Les Miles' past history of having one primary QB- and sticking with him- I just don't see him replacing Lee at this point- he has given him absolutely no reason to do it. The guy just isn't doing anything detrimental to the team as the starter.

If you compare the play of our starting QB at this point in the season- you'll find there is no comparison. I won't blame that entirely on JJ- but some of the poor decision making was indeed on him. So far, at least, I'm not seeing any questionable decision-making by Jarrett Lee.

Yes- I think Jefferson will get some playing time this season- but in a much lesser role than before all this happened. Say hello to Ryan Perrilloux 07, Part Deaux.

Just my opinion....

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    WOW this DRAMA continues lol

I'm sure LSU coach West Niles will give in and let him play!

Who actually cares?

Lets discuss important stuff like wine, women and song instead of this feetball crap lol:}

Uh oh yea and firearms too, Sorry!!!

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

Who actually cares?

Lets discuss important stuff like wine, women and song instead of this feetball crap lol:}

1690.gif

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Who actually cares?

You cared enough to post that you didn't care- so you care! :rofl:

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    I'll admit to not being a big Lee fan the last few years but whatever has happened to him either in his head or with the coaching staff - he should for sure keep his present job. My hope is just Jefferson being back on the team doesn't mess with his head enough to screw up the team's current kicka$$ mojo.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    My hope is just Jefferson being back on the team doesn't mess with his head enough to screw up the team's current kicka$$ mojo.

Too late for that. I think it definitely will.

There will now be animosity in the Team. However small that is it will still be there and will eventually cause an issue.

"A little leaven leavens the whole lump."
    Galations 5:9

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    If anything, by forcing Lee to start this year it has made him a better athlete, I think we have a better shot at beating Alabama with both QBs playing. With Jefferson running the ball on the option giving Lee a break when needed. But all the talk of kicking him off over this bullshitt is unbelievable. Along with the I wonder how he got the money for his lawyer, I know it might be hard for some of you(charlie12) to believe, but there is good black Americans who raise there kids right and believe in the same morals and values as most of us.

What's your problem? You playing some kind of race card? I didn't say **** about his color only that most people can't afford those lawyers. Sounds like YOU have problem.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central

Who actually cares?

This is the SPORTS forum . Just sayin' :rolleyes:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

Amen. We have some, "interesting" folk commenting here...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I think we have a better shot at beating Alabama with both QBs playing. With Jefferson running the ball on the option giving Lee a break when needed.

You've got to be kidding. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Take JJ out of the equation for a minute. The option?

You really think the secret to beating Alabama is running the option- the most unsuccessful play in our entire arsenal?

If we don't have a PASSING GAME against Alabama, we will not beat them. It's as simple as that. If we don't have a passing game, we will not have a running game either- because that's the only we we'll be able to set up the run. The Bama interior is good. Their LBers are better than ours. We will have to throw the ball.

We currently have a passing game. Do the math.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Jefferson is NOT the reason we beat Bama last year.
    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=303100099

Jasper was ;)

I think we stand a better chance at beating them this year b/c we are more balanced in all three phases of the game.

Then again, so are they.

It's probably going to come down to a Trick Play or a crucial turnover.

But that's just it, though, Hit. That was probably the most balanced, copmplete game LSU played in the regular season. It was a complete effort- but I do believe passing played a monumetal role in that game. It kept the Bama defense honest- which opened up the defense for Ridley late in the game. Not to mention- the 75 yard PERFECT pass from JJ to Randle in stride (IMHO his best throw of the season), and the Lee to Randle 3rd & forever pass late in the game that iced it.
    That was a really good Bama team last year. They might be better on defense this year. It should be epic.

But neither LSU or Bama needs to worry about one another right now. Lots of football to be played between now & then!

Top Bottom