Katrina Gun Confiscation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I will cede that some people are so ignorant of life around them they wouldn't realize that individual state's laws vary; but we are not talking about some dumbass college kids, or housewives, or plumbers. These are LEO's and Military people.

If your premise is valid, then we'd have to assume that any LEO or Military personnel from out of state are threats to our way of living because they have morons living amongst them back home.

absolutely correct, in principle. They are doing their job and enforcing their laws. These laws passed by majority votes in those areas- who are you to tell them it's wrong?

But yes, if we waved a magic wand and replaced all louisiana LEO's with NYPD - there'd be absolute chaos.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Don't they have the SAME Constitution as us dummies here in the South?

And, if all these police officers went out of their way to "REFUSE to enforce that idiot Compass' orders", then why didn't ANY of that make the news or the gossip rounds? Seems to me, that is even more of a news story than the few confiscations we are talking about. After all, those police officers of which you speak were defying a direct order from their highest ranking officer, no?

Because it didn't fit the political agenda of a certain political group that thrives on scaring the **** out of right-wing voters.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Because it didn't fit the political agenda of a certain political group that thrives on scaring the **** out of right-wing voters.

I disagree! I think that rogue police and military officers is far more scary to ANY political group. And speaking of political groups with agendas of fear; do you actually believe the phony leftist would miss an opportunity to cry foul if they found out officers of the law REFUSED to confiscate guns?

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Don't they have the SAME Constitution as us dummies here in the South?

And, if all these police officers went out of their way to "REFUSE to enforce that idiot Compass' orders", then why didn't ANY of that make the news or the gossip rounds? Seems to me, that is even more of a news story than the few confiscations we are talking about. After all, those police officers of which you speak were defying a direct order from their highest ranking officer, no?

Inaction versus defiance? ;) It's called discretion. It was applied.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I disagree! I think that rogue police and military officers is far more scary to ANY political group. And speaking of political groups with agendas of fear; do you actually believe the phony leftist would miss an opportunity to cry foul if they found out officers of the law REFUSED to confiscate guns?

Because if those officers outed themselves they'd be drummed out. Just like the ATF whistleblowers with fast and furious.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish

After Katrina the lefties had PLENTY of ammunition. The fact that they dropped the ball on this one was inconsequential. They had so much ammo laying around in Katrina's aftermath that they simply had to turn some issues away. The gun confiscation issue is one the right wing won long before the left had time to get their **** together.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lilvonte722
    Top Bottom