"Keep The Merry, Dump The Myth!"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    I would never have believed that I would have seen a billboard on Times Square in New York City encouraging people to "Keep the Merry" with a photo of Sanda and "Dump the Myth" with a photo of Jesus. Where is our country headed?

Stuart Varney interviews David Silverman who claims to be insulted if you tell him Merry Christmas but doesnt understand the big deal about his billboard.

If you can stand to watch this until 2:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejX5-OmWY2s

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I can believe it... This country is turning away from God and everything that is wholesome and good...We are allowing evil to triumph...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    As an Atheist, I still don't know what people have against "God". You believe in a higher power, I do not, but why attack that belief? I think it's just people trying to "start something" for whatever reason. It's a free country (for a little while longer...) and I hope you are worshiping---or not---in accordance with YOUR beliefs. Never-mind mine, they are sufficient for me, as yours are for you.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    There are douchebags everywhere of every faith (or lack thereof). Typically these douchebags are loud enough to be heard sadly.

Here's a picture of the billboard for those who don't want to watch the video:

qxn57.jpg

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    ngrwafsy2zwlm77j1vod.gif

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Galatians 6:7

:dogkeke:

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Has anyone seen the Atheist Church on Goodwood? (Go west from airline hwy).

It's kind of funny that Atheists spend so much time thinking about God.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    People talk and worry about it for the same reason a lot of you are upset over the message. Because people care about how our culture is directed.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Has anyone seen the Atheist Church on Goodwood? (Go west from airline hwy).

It's kind of funny that Atheists spend so much time thinking about God.

Why? We interact with those who believe that he is real, and it helps to understand them. Also, many of us are reformed believers. Further, the topic of a higher power is undeniably interesting regardless of your stance.

GOAT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    New Orleans
    These "attacks" on religion are just the equal and opposite reaction of how religion and churches advertise their message. By the way, the most common way that a religious rebuttal will fail is when they try to tie being religious with being moral or wholesome or right. It is possible, and visible that people are good without God. Please for the sake of arguing, don't use this little ditty, it is false logic.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    A conservative forum upset about people excercising the first ammendment? This is puzzling.

I could be wrong but I don't think anyone here is upset about anyone else exercising their 1A right. I think it's more about expressing the disgust of the disrespect on such a polarizing topic at the time of year that it's in everyone's face the most.

What's the point of it? Are they recruiting? :dunno:

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    There are douchebags everywhere of every faith (or lack thereof). Typically these douchebags are loud enough to be heard sadly.

Here's a picture of the billboard for those who don't want to watch the video:

qxn57.jpg

If you don't see anything wrong with this you have a problem. No matter who you are.

This makes me sick at my stomach.

The devil is alive and well.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I could be wrong but I don't think anyone here is upset about anyone else exercising their 1A right. I think it's more about expressing the disgust of the disrespect on such a polarizing topic at the time of year that it's in everyone's face the most.

What's the point of it? Are they recruiting? :dunno:

Yet somehow I doubt that many of the people upset with this would be too upset about the opposite message. What portion of their message was disrespectful? They claimed Jesus is/was a
    Myth, not that he was a bad person or attributed any negative thing to him.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    A conservative forum upset about people excercising the first ammendment? This is puzzling.

Insulting people's religious beliefs is wrong. We are not saying he should not have the right to say it. Just that he is insulting and offending Christians. What is not puzzling is your response.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Insulting people's religious beliefs is wrong. We are not saying he should not have the right to say it. Just that he is insulting and offending Christians. What is not puzzling is your response.

Where is the insult? Saying someone is a myth isn't an insult it is a statement of belief.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom