"Keep The Merry, Dump The Myth!"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    The entire statement makes me think that. There is no atheist church because there is no atheist religion. Perhaps there's a meeting place for them but it's not a church as a church is a place of worship. Also atheists do spend a lot of time thinking about the possibility of God. Most people like yourself believe that atheists make the statement "there is no God". It's 100% false. The majority of atheists are agnostic atheists who make the statement "at this moment in time, it is impossible to know if there is a God or not, but if evidence shows the existence of God then there is one". They spend a great deal of time going through the hundreds of thousands of religions out there seeing if any of them show any evidence and a great deal of time with philosophical theories.

The fact of the matter is we have always questioned the meaning of life since we developed intelligence. We will continue to question the meaning of life for the rest of our existence. It's part of being self aware. There are those that will settle on the religion they grew up with to give them all the answers and there are those who will continue to question. And there are those like the guy who put up the billboard (a very small minority) that want to push their beliefs onto other people and be a complete douchebag. Same type of person that would probably be knocking on your door at 6am on a sunday if he was a Jehovah's Witness. Same type of person that would be a suicide bomber if he was a radical Muslim. Same type of person that would be blowing up abortion clinics if he was a Christian. The religion (or lack thereof) does not define the person, the actions do.

But keep on putting atheists into this imaginary box you've created for them. They're evil soulless people with no morals who want to convert all your children to the devil's ways.

It was a meeting place for atheists with stained glass windows and who had a sign about meeting on Sunday mornings, it was ironic and my comment shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I actually have two boxes for atheists. Box one is for those that are good folk who don't believe in any god, but have a good moral compass and treat others respectfully. These are the ones I like. Then the other box of people who feel it is their duty to remove all religion from sight, stamp out every source of any thought of religion and ridicule those that don't believe what they believe.

If you want to get butt hurt about it, that’s fine. I get butt hurt too sometimes.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    While I disagree with their message, I support their freedom to believe what they believe and advertise the way they want. Just like Mormons can make their TV commercials, Jehova's witnesses can pass out their pamphlets, Scientologists can do whatever they do, Christians can put up pictures of aborted babies, etc.

Sure. And everyone can complain about whatever anyone does do as well.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    God isn't real. Take God from schools...

*something bad happens*

****, let's pray.

I'm speaking of our state as a nation generally, not specifically about the atheist ********.
    Oh.

Yea, I think you're just drastically over-generalizing ****. I doubt anyone who thinks God is mythical is praying after a shooting. "The nation prays" is not true. Some people prayed. Just like some people pray all the time.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    God isn't real. Take God from schools...

*something bad happens*

****, let's pray.

I'm speaking of our state as a nation generally, not specifically about the atheist ********.

A school is a heterogeneous mixture of people. Some pray, some don't and are respectful, some complain.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    It was a meeting place for atheists with stained glass windows and who had a sign about meeting on Sunday mornings, it was ironic and my comment shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I actually have two boxes for atheists. Box one is for those that are good folk who don't believe in any god, but have a good moral compass and treat others respectfully. These are the ones I like. Then the other box of people who feel it is their duty to remove all religion from sight, stamp out every source of any thought of religion and ridicule those that don't believe what they believe.

If you want to get butt hurt about it, that’s fine. I get butt hurt too sometimes.

If such a place exists then it is in fact unique and not representative of the entire atheist community.

Sounds like you have two boxes for people. Again, you're confusing actions and religion.

I like how intelligent discussion so quickly degrades to insults on this forum. Speaks quite a bit of your character and moral compass.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Oh.

Yea, I think you're just drastically over-generalizing ****. I doubt anyone who thinks God is mythical is praying after a shooting. "The nation prays" is not true. Some people prayed. Just like some people pray all the time.

With prayer being so offensive, though, it is a wonder that it's the first thing our administration (school and government) does after something like this happens.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Yet the first thing our nation does during a school shooting is PRAY. Bunch of hypocrites.

Are you saying that if teachers were allowed to force students who are not Christian to listen to bible readings, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen?

How do you explain the school shootings before Murray v. Curlett?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Where is prayer banned?

I've never heard of a single case where a school banned anyone from praying at all, other than in fear-tactic chain letter emails.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Are you saying that if teachers were allowed to force students who are not Christian to listen to bible readings, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen?

How do you explain the school shootings before Murray v. Curlett?

Don't take what I said as "if we could pray in school, shootings would happen."

The ACLU is able to tell people they can't pray during graduation ceremonies... seems pretty banned to me.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

The ACLU is able to tell people they can't pray during graduation ceremonies... seems pretty banned to me.

Banning school lead prayer doesn't stop individuals from praying.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette

citation_needed_bumper_sticker-p128876611605896829en8ys_400.jpg

GOAT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    New Orleans
    Woe is the poor modern, American Christian. For he cannot close his eyes and mumble to himself in the eyes of the public without being ridiculed. He cannot openly wear and carry religious relics on their necks, or shirts, or cars. He has to drive miles upon miles, to attend secret meetings with others in the shadows. He is the true minority in this country. He risks his life for his beliefs trying to pass on the words of his book to his children. His beliefs must remain to himself, for if the world would know, that he is a Christian, they would have his head on a stake. What has the world come to? What has the world become?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom