LA Legislature will see bill seeking to clarify Conceal Carry in restaurants.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Just curious, but why not?

(to the idea of a gun safety course to purchase a gun)

I don't want to see this pass because I feel gun ownership is a right, like speech and religion. not a privilege like driving or flying or hunting. I shouldn't have to take an intelligence class before I am allowed to speak my mind, a license to worship the god I choose, or a class to make the choice of protecting my self, home, family, country (against foreign invasion) with arms. As soon as I have to take a safety course, I am now requesting permission to exercise my right, and being denied a right until I satisfy the government. I personally feel the CHP is a restriction as well.

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Another problem with this bill is it sets up a "protected" class of people. In this case LEO. I don't like ANY law that doesn't apply equally to ALL citizens.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    HB 72, which passed the House today, addresses Law Enforcement Officers and concealed carry permittees. It authorizes both groups to carry a concealed weapon in a restaurant that serves alcohol.

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    HB 72, which passed the House today, addresses Law Enforcement Officers and concealed carry permittees. It authorizes both groups to carry a concealed weapon in a restaurant that serves alcohol.

And it allows off Duty LEO to carry in bars.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    oscar615, I stand corrected concerning HB 72. You are right about off duy LEO being allowed to carry a weapon into any ABO, including a barroom.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This passed the House yesterday 80-19

As I said, if you can't pass this type of "common sense" gun measure in this current pro-gun political climate, we are doomed!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This passed the House yesterday 80-19

As I said, if you can't pass this type of "common sense" gun measure in this current pro-gun political climate, we are doomed!

You mean the "How Many Morons Do We Currently Have In The House" bill? (19)

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    HB 72 was assigned to Senate Judiciary Committee C. This is the best place it could have gone. Stay tuned for its committee hearing date.

met7881

Former Yankee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    mandeville,La.
    Read HB72 carefully. It specifically mentions Class A restaurant for CCW, yet not for off duty/retired law enforcement. It refers to alcoholic beverage outlets which is both Class AR-restaurant and Class A general retail. Am I missing somethine here? So, does this bill allow off duty/retired to carry in Class A-general? The media is reporting that this bill will allow "bar" carry for off duty/retired LEO.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Read HB72 carefully. It specifically mentions Class A restaurant for CCW, yet not for off duty/retired law enforcement. It refers to alcoholic beverage outlets which is both Class AR-restaurant and Class A general retail. Am I missing somethine here? So, does this bill allow off duty/retired to carry in Class A-general? The media is reporting that this bill will allow "bar" carry for off duty/retired LEO.

I don't know about retired, but the bill does allow off duty LEO to carry in any ABO.

Top Bottom