La OCer Arrested for filming cops and Open Carry, Legal Fund set up to help.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    You act like cops are the only people who deal with scum on a daily basis. That's not a valid excuse. A more appropriate response would be to talk about how giving someone power changes them. It's the badge, not the people. Stanford Prison Experiment? You should be familiar with that. Do you feel this applies to police? Or do you dismiss it as irreverent?

To be VERY clear, I no longer hang out with your beloved LEO's. Not because they are now better than me, an old friend. I do it after having one pull his gun out in Bulldog while **** drunk. I don't talk to them after watching an entire group do shot after shot at the bar then DRIVE. Don't you dare sit here and insinuate that "they" are better than "us.''

That incident should have been reported and I believe falls in my never should have been given a badge and gun category.

Let me try again,

For a police officer to have the respect and consideration needed to adequately do the job, said LEO HAS to live his life cleaner.
    He can't be in bars falling down drunk and armed.
    He can't come home from said bar and punch out his wife.
    He should not let his truck or home get repossessed.
    If he's a member of a sex orgy club, he'd better hide it well or cut it out.
    He can't lose his temper when someone with an agenda sticks a camera in his face.
    And so on ad nauseum.

Sadly morals and ethics are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.....

But when you hire less than qualified applicants and these things happen, don't be surprised when they f*ck up and cost your administration money.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Pipe, as you said, it's one of those "walk a mile in my shoes" situations that no one who hasn't won't truly understand.

Cops are held to a higher standard, and I believe they should be cut from a better cloth. Some are, some aren't.

I totally agree that when you lower standards and lower pay, you get exactly what you pay for.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Yes, it was posted here, by someone. Then removed, by someone. But for some reason after it was removed Jack took it upon himself put it back up. I'm not angry at Jack, I just wish he would understand that it will hurt me if it stays up and i'm not a criminal, i dont deserve to loose my career that ive worked so hard for either.

Maybe you should have put a little more value on your career before you decided to go on your crusade and stick your nose into a situation that was none of your business.

Just my .02

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    I have never once, in this thread, bad mouth any one cop. The fact that you take it upon yourself to be offended for no reason makes me realize who I'm dealing with. I have not stated anything about IQ. If you are indeed a combat medic, I respect the hell out of what you do and the confidence you have to have to do what you do. You are a bit younger than me and because of that you are more aggressive. I get it. It's just a fact of life, but as I age I realize how silly I've been in my younger years. You will too, I promise.
    Getting sucked in? No I didn't read the whole thing! no need, but I might forward it to my state police contacts so they can laugh at the dumb kid groveling though. I might even send him .02 cents through paypal hahahaha!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I see nothing wrong with filming a Police Officer as long as you do not interfere with the situation . LEO use dashcams to film innocent people every day .

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    By privatize, I mean get the gov't completely out of the LE business, literally let the free market decide what it wants (hey privatize the courts while we are at it!)...not privatize it like the so called privatization of jails or the postal service.

i highly suggest you read some more and learn exactly who the 4th amendment applies to

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    i highly suggest you read some more and learn exactly who the 4th amendment applies to

Well feel free to PM me so I can educate myself.

Not quite sure how a non-gov't run law enforcement would require a different interpretation of the 4thA

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Simply because the 4th amendment applies only to the government and its agents.

I am constantly amazed at the constitutional defenders who are incapable of understanding the constitution and its reach.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Privatize... the courts... and LEO....

...that has to be the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever seen you say in a long line of dumb ****.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Simply because the 4th amendment applies only to the government and its agents.

I am constantly amazed at the constitutional defenders who are incapable of understanding the constitution and its reach.

So say there was no gov't monopoly on law enforcement, and I contracted with a private firm for my security. Assuming my contract with them says nothing about the 4thA, You are saying that private firm would have the right to search and seize anything of mine they wanted, whenever they wanted, without cause or warrant?

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Privatize... the courts... and LEO....

...that has to be the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever seen you say in a long line of dumb ****.

well, i'm not surprised to hear you say this...but it's a very interesting concept, you would probably enjoy reading about it. (Murray Rothbard, Walter Block, Lew Rockwell, etc)

I don't see how a "monopoly" on police is better than a "free market" on police force....but I guess some people are scared to be free.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom