La OCer Arrested for filming cops and Open Carry, Legal Fund set up to help.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    You seem to be a pretty reasonable dude, so bear with me for a moment.

I am not a cop hater, but I also don't automatically respect the badge just because its pinned on your shirt. I am just as concerned about what you're about to do, as you are about me. The distrust is mutual, and I do my best to ease any tension. I think that's fair, right? With that said, I am polite, compliant, blah blah blah, yes sir, no sir. Whatever. I'm not an ******* about it.

I have has a few friends become police officers. Key word there is "had." Becoming a cop changes you. All of a sudden your job is to care about what other people are doing, even if what they are doing is of no danger to someone else. Case in point, seat belt tickets. Why do y'all care anyway? I digress. Before jumping though hoops, spending however many weeks in the academy, and putting up with an FTO, you would have never given a **** if joe average was standing on the corner filming while openly carrying his Taurus. What changed?

As average guy, I don't see why the cop cared, at all, what this man was doing. That fact that he cares so much is concerning to me. What prompted him to even approach this man? He was not doing anything disruptive. Maybe I just don't get it, or I am missing something. I fail to see the point other than the officer posturing in a show of authority.

I've watched my former friends turn into this type of person. They went from fun loving happy people to divorced/separated and angry. It seems to be a common trait, at least amongst their particular crowd. Carrying guns in bars, getting hammered ass drunk and then DRIVING. It's really bizarre. Due to a few heated discussions I no longer felt safe interacting with them.

Perhaps you're painting with the same wide brush that you're condemning? Seems like LEO's are quick to jump to the defense of their brothers in blue. Not all that different than normal people jumping to the defense of their fellow citizens. This forum got out the pitch forks and torches when Anty, or whatever his name was, shot the guy who butt stroked him with an AK. Flip that coin over and threads were locked and warnings passed out when that LEO member allegedly accidentally shot and killed someone in a bar parking lot. Yeah sure, he was on duty and someone approached him from behind, yada yada yada and Anty was buying weed. Apples and oranges, right?

I see it like this. If a cop is involved, pump your brakes and wait until all the evidence is presented. If Eddy down the street is involved, pitch forks come out and we will sort it out later. So anytime, we as a populace get to point at a cop and scream foul, we get that same broad brush painting us as cop bashers.

Sorry to ramble on. I'm sure most here are excellent officers, and y'all are probably right about a few members being cop bashers, but I believe there is such thing as healthy distrust.

You misunderstood what I said.
    I DID say all were being painted with a broad brush by some.

Some being the operative word.

Yes, some people are changed by being cops.
    That is because they see the bad side of life and society each and every day.
    And it is because as a police officer, they are expected to live their lives just a little bit better and cleaner than their "old" friends and society.

There are more reasons for this than I have patience to go through.
    I am sure I still have one of my old power point presentations here somewhere....

The issue here is that we have forum members who only post "bad cop" stories, or who only reply in threads about law enforcement with pure cop-hate.

Sure they try to hide it with the usual rhetoric of "supporting rights" or some such nonsense.
    But if you read them long enough a pattern forms.

I had the privilege of training police officers during my last ten years and have given honest and thorough answers to question asked on here only to be called names and have my opinion dismissed completely out of turn only because it doesn't agree with what this cop hater of that cop hater thinks.

I quit trying because I realized you guys don't give a rat's ass about truth or facts.

Most of these so-called "rights advocates" and open carry advocates are twenty-something, first time gun owners who have more experience playing SOCOM or Call of Duty than they have any actual trigger time.

Now, having said all that....

I think there has definitely been an increase in cop-tarded behavior out there.

And as I have stated many times before, as long as governments continue to lower hiring standards you will see more and more of these situations occurring.

Simply because they are hiring people that should never have been given a badge and gun in the first place!

As for Anty, if you think what he did was right in any way shape or form, then you have even larger issues!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    No one is breaking any laws here. You posting on the internet (on Youtube or other forums, which the post you would like deleted was) is public domain. Due to the shear irony of the situation, nothing will be deleted.

Welcome to the other side of the camera pal.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    No one is breaking any laws here. You posting on the internet (on Youtube or other forums, which the post you would like deleted was) is public domain. Due to the shear irony of the situation, nothing will be deleted.

Welcome to the other side of the camera pal.

Well said.

JR1572

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You misunderstood what I said.
    I DID say all were being painted with a broad brush by some.

Some being the operative word.

And it is because as a police officer, they are expected to live their lives just a little bit better and cleaner than their "old" friends and society.

There are more reasons for this than I have patience to go through.
    I am sure I still have one of my old power point presentations here somewhere....

The issue here is that we have forum members who only post "bad cop" stories, or who only reply in threads about law enforcement with pure cop-hate.

Sure they try to hide it with the usual rhetoric of "supporting rights" or some such nonsense.
    But if you read them long enough a pattern forms.

I had the privilege of training police officers during my last ten years and have given honest and thorough answers to question asked on here only to be called names and have my opinion dismissed completely out of turn only because it doesn't agree with what this cop hater of that cop hater thinks.

I quit trying because I realized you guys don't give a rat's ass about truth or facts.

Most of these so-called "rights advocates" and open carry advocates are twenty-something, first time gun owners who have more experience playing SOCOM or Call of Duty than they have any actual trigger time.

Now, having said all that....

I think there has definitely been an increase in cop-tarded behavior out there.

And as I have stated many times before, as long as governments continue to lower hiring standards you will see more and more of these situations occurring.

Simply because they are hiring people that should never have been given a badge and gun in the first place!

As for Anty, if you think what he did was right in any way shape or form, then you have even larger issues!

Easy on the use of "you guys.'' I'm on your side for the most part but after reading your response I can see why people might call you an *******.

I appreciated how you addressed the hiring standards issue. I think both people in the video are assholes. If just one of them would have been a decent human than this would have never made the news.

As for Anty, I think his shoot was better than Mr. Phebus. At least Anty was in real danger and didnt just pull the gun and shoot out of sheer panic. If I remember correctly Anty is sitting in a cell somewhere, doing his time while the Michelin man got a slap on the wrist...

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    It is not just lower hiring standards. Salaries need to be increased too. The jobs needs to be made desirable again.

I don't see that happening any time soon.

I can go on a full dissertation on the "professional law enforcement professional" as envisioned in the late 70's/early 80's.

But there's no point now.

Bottom line is video is here to stay.

The problem with that is that it can be manipulated.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    You heretic!

By privatize, I mean get the gov't completely out of the LE business, literally let the free market decide what it wants (hey privatize the courts while we are at it!)...not privatize it like the so called privatization of jails or the postal service.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Easy on the use of "you guys.'' I'm on your side for the most part but after reading your response I can see why people might call you an *******.

I appreciated how you addressed the hiring standards issue. I think both people in the video are assholes. If just one of them would have been a decent human than this would have never made the news.

As for Anty, I think his shoot was better than Mr. Phebus. At least Anty was in real danger and didnt just pull the gun and shoot out of sheer panic. If I remember correctly Anty is sitting in a cell somewhere, doing his time while the Michelin man got a slap on the wrist...

I don't candy coat.

If that makes me an ass, oh well.

Look, law enforcement is one of those careers that truly is a "walk in my shoes" type of thing.

The most common thing I heard throughout my career with rookie cops and newbie reserves was something along the lines of "I never imagined it was like this!"

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge

You act like cops are the only people who deal with scum on a daily basis. That's not a valid excuse. A more appropriate response would be to talk about how giving someone power changes them. It's the badge, not the people. Stanford Prison Experiment? You should be familiar with that. Do you feel this applies to police? Or do you dismiss it as irreverent?

To be VERY clear, I no longer hang out with your beloved LEO's. Not because they are now better than me, an old friend. I do it after having one pull his gun out in Bulldog while **** drunk. I don't talk to them after watching an entire group do shot after shot at the bar then DRIVE. Don't you dare sit here and insinuate that "they" are better than "us.''

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I don't candy coat.

If that makes me an ass, oh well.

Look, law enforcement is one of those careers that truly is a "walk in my shoes" type of thing.

The most common thing I heard throughout my career with rookie cops and newbie reserves was something along the lines of "I never imagined it was like this!"

You can be blunt, without manipulating your words in such a way to get a rise out of someone. You're clearly not stupid, you know exactly what you're saying and how you are saying it. You can reply professorially without being a dick, you just don't want to. Which is totally fine, just don't try and whine about being called names when you try and bestow your knowledge on someone.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yes, it was posted here, by someone. Then removed, by someone. But for some reason after it was removed Jack took it upon himself put it back up. I'm not angry at Jack, I just wish he would understand that it will hurt me if it stays up and i'm not a criminal, i dont deserve to loose my career that ive worked so hard for either.

MOTOR 51

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367621212248.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1367621212248.jpg
      9.9 KB · Views: 68
    Top Bottom