Lafayette police kick in door and arrest 2 men...at the wrong house

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Wrong place at the wrong time.. isn’t there supposed to be Sombody watching over them?!? lol they lucky..

Accidents happen but when somthing like that happens many many heads should roll… I mean we have zero tolerance saftey at work.. it don’t matter who you are, you break a saftey rule your fired… done for… most would happen here is might get a lawsuit, but everybody involved, including the people who got the wrong address and everything else will continue to keep their job

There should be some kinda checks and balances

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Wrong place at the wrong time.. isn’t there supposed to be Sombody watching over them?!? lol they lucky..

Accidents happen but when somthing like that happens many many heads should roll… I mean we have zero tolerance saftey at work.. it don’t matter who you are, you break a saftey rule your fired… done for… most would happen here is might get a lawsuit, but everybody involved, including the people who got the wrong address and everything else will continue to keep their job

There should be some kinda checks and balances
    100%

This definitely could have been handled in a much smoother way, on both sides, but it could have turned south very easily as well.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Boy it really seems like this could have been easily avoided by talking with them.
    Thats the first thing I would have asked, who are you looking for, what address are you looking for. etc etc... But sitting in a chair cussing the officers out didn't help the situation. I know many LEO's and my wifes family are in Law Enforcement so I tend to give respect first, but those cops should have some sort of oversight in these matters, someone could have gotten killed easily all over a simple mistake.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Thats the first thing I would have asked, who are you looking for, what address are you looking for. etc etc... But sitting in a chair cussing the officers out didn't help the situation. I know many LEO's and my wifes family are in Law Enforcement so I tend to give respect first, but those cops should have some sort of oversight in these matters, someone could have gotten killed easily all over a simple mistake.
    Kicking someones door down isn’t really a simple mistake. Knocking on the wrong door would be a simple mistake. Kicking the door down is well past that.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    YouTube is chock full of cops abusing or even shooting innocent people because they showed up to the wrong address on a call or attempting to serve a warrant. Somebody will say that it’s only a drop in the bucket compared to how many calls there are, so it’s an acceptable margin. It’s not acceptable to those who endure careless mistakes, the trauma, the injury, the loss of life or loved ones. Yet it continues to happen because no one is trying to stop it.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    YouTube is chock full of cops abusing or even shooting innocent people because they showed up to the wrong address on a call or attempting to serve a warrant. Somebody will say that it’s only a drop in the bucket compared to how many calls there are, so it’s an acceptable margin.

Who said it's an acceptable margin? I'll have a chat with him (or her).

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    That makes it ok?
    No, it just means that our Lafayette avoids the shame of bad police work.
    We often see ride share drivers deliver food to the wrong house. Uber or Door Dash has easy remedies for that. LE is normally much more competent than that. These mistakes are unacceptable because of the risks involved for the officers and the general public.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom