Las Vegas police ambush...CHP civilian shoots it out with pair in Walmart

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Five reported dead in northeast Las Vegas police ambush

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/fire-rescue/five-reported-dead-northeast-las-vegas-police-ambush

Two Las Vegas police officers and a civilian were reportedly killed Sunday in an apparent ambush attack at a pizza store that spilled over to a nearby Walmart store, where the two shooters killed themselves.

Details are sketchy and police have not yet confirmed the death of the officers, but sources within the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department say the officer and another were shot and killed by a man and a woman who approached them as they ate lunch at the CiCi’s Pizza at 309 N. Nellis Boulevard at about 11:20 a.m.

One officer was reportedly dead at the scene, while the other died later in surgery. Both were assigned to the Northeast Area Command.

Witnesses told police one yelled “This is the start of a revolution” before shooting the officers. The shooters then stripped the officers of their weapons and ammunition and went into the Walmart at 201 North Nellis.

Witnesses at the scene reported hearing shots fired in quick succession inside the WalMart.

One unconfirmed report is that the two exchanged gunfire with a citizen who was carrying a concealed weapon, and that one of the shooters was injured. Police confirm that at least one civilian at the Walmart was shot and killed.

At a news conference at about 1 p.m. Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill said the male shooter, described as a tall white man, yelled “everyone get out” before shooting.

The man and woman then went to the back of the store and “there was some kind of suicide pact,” McMahill said.

Police sources said the officers were aged 41 and

Both shooters were reportedly carrying large duffle bags, and a bomb squad was called to the scene. It’s unclear at this time what, if anything, was found in the bags. A fire department official said the bomb squad response was “a precaution.”

Several lanes of traffic near Nellis and Stuart are closed. Nevada Highway Patrol is also on scene.

Dozens of bystanders are standing outside police tape watching the investigation. Walmart employees and shoppers cried and hugged before police took them to be interviewed in a nearby store. After talking with witnesses, officers take them to one of several Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada buses.

A grandmother who was shopping in Walmart with her two teenage granddaughters said they crouched in a makeup aisle when they heard shots. She prayed out loud, but the girls asked her to keep quiet so the shooters wouldn’t find them. When they peaked around the aisle and couldn’t see the shooters, they ran out of the store.

This is a developing story. Check back for details.

Reporters Mike Blasky, Wesley Juhl, Annalise Porter and Ricardo Torres and photographer Erik Verduzco contributed to this report.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The female suspect shot the male suspect before killing herself

Some f.ing hardass he was..... :mad:

Damn shame..... :/

I'll be praying for these poor families involved.
    ---------------------

EDIT> ....from reading a few sources it would seem the 3rd Victim(Wal-Mart) was an Armed Citizen
    who engaged the shooters, wounding one of them. The shooters then retreated to the bathroom
    and killed themselves. The Armed Citizen was mortally wounded during the engagement
    and died at the scene.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Very sad......Prayers for the officers and their loved ones, and for the third victim and her family.

Unspeakable evil carried out by cowards. Sickening.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    So the lady shot one of the bad guys?

Allegedly :dunno:

Read a few different articles that broke as it happen
    and they seem to confirm that an Armed Citizen got into a confrontation
    with the two shooters at the entrance of the Wal-mart.
    A shooter was reportedly wounded during this encounter.
    The Armed Citizen was shot and died from that wound.
    The Shooters then retreated to the bathroom where the female shot the male and then herself.

Of course I'm not willing to stake a finger on this,
    that's just what I've been reading.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Allegedly :dunno:

Read a few different articles that broke as it happen
    and they seem to confirm that an Armed Citizen got into a confrontation
    with the two shooters at the entrance of the Wal-mart.
    A shooter was reportedly wounded during this encounter.
    The Armed Citizen was shot and died from that wound.
    The Shooters then retreated to the bathroom where the female shot the male and then herself.

Of course I'm not willing to stake a finger on this,
    that's just what I've been reading.

aah, conflicting news then. I'll discontinue until we get an updated press release. If it was a CHP that engaged this duo- she should have just run for an exit door.

If they were shooting everything moving, engage them.
    When they yell "everyone get out" - take them up on the offer, and let them tangle with swat instead.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If it was a CHP that engaged this duo- she should have just run for an exit door.

If they were shooting everything moving, engage them.
    When they yell "everyone get out" - take them up on the offer, and let them tangle with swat instead.

Are you crazy!? :eek3: Wait until they are shooting everything?!?

Why in the WORLD would you trust a Couple Holding Guns as they enter a store you are in
    to be civil and honest about their intent?

Also, we have no idea if that's exactly how it happen either :dunno:

They likely entered the store with guns out pointing.
    Should the Armed Citizen just hoped that they didn't squeeze the trigger while pointing it at her?

C'mon man. :crazy:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    http://www.christophercantwell.com/2014/06/08/dead-men-dont-start-revolutions

Y'all go ahead and read this guy's take on the situation.

JR1572

Christopher Cantwell
    Anarchist, Atheist, *******

At least Christopher Cantwell got one thing correct. He recognizes that he is an *******. That in and of itself kind of makes me ignore his twisted view of society. He is nothing but an angry idiot...or as he puts it...and anchorist and *******.
    People like him are very naive...as they seem to think that without a government and law/order...mankind would live in utopia. History has proven him wrong.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Christopher Cantwell
    Anarchist, Atheist, *******

At least Christopher Cantwell got one thing correct. He recognizes that he is an *******. That in and of itself kind of makes me ignore his twisted view of society. He is nothing but an angry idiot...or as he puts it...and anchorist and *******.
    People like him are very naive...as they seem to think that without a government and law/order...mankind would live in utopia. History has proven him wrong.

He's a typical nutcase. He reminds me of some of our current and former members.

JR1572

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If this guy isn't on every alphabet agencies 24-7 list- I give up.

The rant I could spew on this imbecile... but it wouldn't change anything. I desist, and I'll excuse myself from this thread before the anti-leo train shows up to discuss how "he's kind of right".

How bad did he get "the business end" of a police baton when he was young? :rofl:

He is a douche of monumental proportion! I suppose he hides behind his "satirist" label when he needs to.

The thing I often think most when I see some snot nosed sissies calling them selves anarchists is how bad they would be whining as soon as full blown rioting broke out and the alphas starting putting the douches in their pecking order. ;)

Funny how the lack of law & order puts a new face on toughness!

Top Bottom