LEO input please.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I brought this thread into the world, and I say it's time for it to expire.

Anyone second this motion?

Thanks to all the LEO's here who provided valuable input, the quest from the beginning.

Please do not be one of those guys. Regardless of what you started the thread as, this is where it is at now. When people discuss, discussions lead to new topics and such.

There is seldom a reason to close a thread if people are posting unless it is illegal activity.

Heaven forbis people start discussing things and not agreeing. As soon as the first non-LEO started commenting, you knew where it was heading despite the title. Threads have a life of their own.

DO NOT BE A THREAD KILLER... :D

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    As long as there is constructive discussions happening, I'm all for continuing this thread.

I am a proponent of responsible gun ownership, OC and CC, and I want to promote good will between our LEO community and our gun toting community.

Let's keep things civil, on point, and accomplish something good here.

Ponder this;

To what extent do ya'll, as sworn Peace Officers, accept and strive to protect all rights of citizenship, within the constraints of extablished restrictions and case laws? Are some more easy to stomach, therefore more apt to be considered? Do you have any that you would not "go out on a limb" to protect? Would you take the side of a citizen who is acting within their rights, over an official that is clearly violating said persons' rights? Is protecting the rights of a citizen more important than climbing the "blue ladder", even at your own career's peril?

Simply, would you protect my right to OC as long as I am acting responsibly and within the law? Or would you tell me to put my gun in the car, or leave it at home, or that I don't need to carry?

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Because a criminal or mental patient won't use a gun or carry one if there is a law against it?

No dude. Because the law in that State requires no permit for anyone over 21 who isn;t a felon or mental patient in order to concealed carry. Easy Trigger....

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    I know a gun board or two that liked to terminate free open discussion if there was the slightest hint of thread drift., and did so frequently. Now nobody with a brain goes there.

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    No dude. Because the law in that State requires no permit for anyone over 21 who isn;t a felon or mental patient in order to concealed carry. Easy Trigger....

I got that. What I was saying was the felon don't care if he would need the permit he will still carry. Good people will be the only ones that follow the permit laws. I would rather see enhanced penalties.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Uh if the state didn't have a law prohibiting felons from owning or carrying firearms there would not be any way to penalize. I have no idea what your point is. Are you trying to say because there is a Fed Law there is no need for a State Law? If thats the case you have never tried to get the Feds to prosecute a Felon with a Firearm Case.

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Everybody in the state, over the age of 21 who isnt a mental patient or a felon, may or may not be armed!

Requiring a permit won't change that. Mental patient or felon may still be armed.

Uh if the state didn't have a law prohibiting felons from owning or carrying firearms there would not be any way to penalize. I have no idea what your point is. Are you trying to say because there is a Fed Law there is no need for a State Law? If thats the case you have never tried to get the Feds to prosecute a Felon with a Firearm Case.

I never said no laws against felons owning a gun. I said requiring a permit won't stop him from carrying concealed.

Other words I don't see a problem with the way Vermont's law is. Can you explain how our permit law makes it better than Vermont's system. Not trying to start a fight just trying to understand his reasoning.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    It isn't better! Thats why I made the comment about how cool the system in Vermont is! Great State. 4 seasons, Delicious syrup, beautiful mountains, no concealed carry permit required. Get it?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    And this happens so often........where? Please cite actual incidents, if this is true , why don't LEO's cc or even wear uniforms? By this logic doesn't it make them a target as well? Afterall we are all only human and don't posess 360 degree vision, unless that's some special trick we mere mortals aren't smart enough to handle.

Antoinette Franks. When she decided to rob a restaurant where her NOPD partner was working a security detail, the first thing she did was walk in and shoot him. Until she pulled her gun, I doubt he suspected a thing untoward. She then proceeded to kill the two owner/workers that she saw and clean out the cash register.

That kills both birds with one stone - actual incident where robber killed OC threat in initial move and LEO being a target.

Lightning doesn't strike often, but I still don't stand in open fields during thunder storms.

Last edited:

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Antoinette Franks. When she decided to rob a restaurant where her NOPD partner was working a security detail, the first thing she did was walk in and shoot him. Until she pulled her gun, I doubt he suspected a thing untoward. She then proceeded to kill the two owner/workers that she saw and clean out the cash register.

That kills both birds with one stone - actual incident where robber killed OC threat in initial move and LEO being a target.

Lightning doesn't strike often, but I still don't stand in open fields during thunder storms.

Stop with factual explanations.

It won't matter.

Somehow having the right to do something confers intelligence in doing it.

In short, for those too dense to grasp it yet...NO ONE has claimed that you don't have the right to OC. What folks are saying is that, and I'll go slow here, it's S-T-U-P-I-D.

And for the true genius' amongst us, LEO's wear uniforms to identify themselves to the public as law enforcers. In fact, they are targets for doing so and they know it. And year after year, they die for it. Plainclothes officers? Not so much.

Duh.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Added a bit for you...;)

Welcome to my world. No matter how many times you try to 'splain it, or how slowly you do it (in words of one syllable or less), some just don't get it.

Period.

I hear ya.

Got called a Nazi a few pages back on this one. All for attempting to perhaps keep someone alive and protected from their own ignorance. Such is life. NO "right" to be free from morons.

Think I'll go back to reading Mein Kampf in my swastika underwear, while occasionally gazing at my framed poster of Eva Braun in leiderosen.

P.S. You did get the secret memo about the OC Stormtruppen Alert didn't you? :)

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Another great analogy. :rolleyes:

How many people choke every year? How many people drown? How many people have heart attacks? Cancer?

Are you going to stop eating? drinking? Using a cell phone?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    So by that logic, the thousands of people killed every year in auto accidents were S-T-U-P-I-D because they didn't stay home after the first few died. Got it. That whole freedom carrying inherent dangers thing just doesn't matter. I can't deal with these hypocrites anymore. Keep your head in the sand and think the status quo is fine. When you wake up one morning with no rights, only priveledges granted by the state, let me know how you like it.

Ps better give up that whole eating thing, there's a 1 in 1,000,000 chance you might choke or something.

....Stunning.........

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    And this happens so often........where? Please cite actual incidents, if this is true , why don't LEO's cc or even wear uniforms? By this logic doesn't it make them a target as well? Afterall we are all only human and don't posess 360 degree vision, unless that's some special trick we mere mortals aren't smart enough to handle.

Try to keep up or we'll have to put you back on the short bus Creampuff.

Both DZ's and my response was to your question from the last page. Reread the answers. Slowly if you need to. No rush. Take your time. Both responses were in a thing called a thread. It flows from post to post. But if you go slow enough...you'll find the answers to your questions. You remember them don't you? You asked questions. You got answers. But don't let that bother you.

Oh and by the way, your carry method is still stupid.

Top Bottom