LEO now carries 145 rounds on duty.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'd love to believe this story, but "In this free-for-all, the assailant had, in fact, been struck 14 times. Any one of six of these wounds — in the heart, right lung, left lung, liver, diaphragm, and right kidney — could have produced fatal consequences…*in time,* Gramins emphasizes."

it just goes against everything I've ever read about medical science. 6 wounds .45, at that, to those locations and he would have been incapacitated in single-digit seconds and dead in not much more.

Apparently you know as much about gunfights as you do bomb placement.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'd love to believe this story, but "In this free-for-all, the assailant had, in fact, been struck 14 times. Any one of six of these wounds — in the heart, right lung, left lung, liver, diaphragm, and right kidney — could have produced fatal consequences…*in time,* Gramins emphasizes."

it just goes against everything I've ever read about medical science. 6 wounds .45, at that, to those locations and he would have been incapacitated in single-digit seconds and dead in not much more.

I do not suppose you have seen the one where a BG was filled up with .40 and .223 rounds and the LEO had to fight him to cuff him. X rays of the body full on rounds was shown as well. There are many like this out there. Do not believe the WW2 stories of the "magical .45 round".

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008

You need to find better reference material to read. The story is very plausible. Google North Miami Shootoit sometime.

Me I carry 3 mags on the belt one in the gun and
    20rd AR Mag. I will not die in a gunfight for lack of shooting back.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    oh I'm not a flag-waver for the .45, i just find it absurd that 6 wounds to vital organs and he still lasted 56 seconds.

there's a big difference between death and incapacitated, my only point.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Apparently you know as much about gunfights as you do bomb placement.

and yet amongst all your crinkled panties, the device was indeed not detonated in the location specified.

and no, i've never found myself in the unfortunate situation to have to use a pistol caliber to take someones life, so I can't say i've seen it first hand. i'd be willing to bet a significant portion of what i own that you haven't either. I was simply basing my opinion (correct or not) on the fact that with a gsw to every vital organ, he should have at least been incapacitated long before 56 seconds. 56 seconds is a long time. with 14 shots and 6 to vital organs, its a fking eternity.

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    lol at you two

Since I don't currently have mag pouches, I would hoping people would post links based on their experience.....seems like the rational thing to do.

I did post links based on my experiences.

Had your ass kicked by the police? Is that why you post what you do?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    and yet amongst all your crinkled panties, the device was indeed not detonated in the location specified.

Which has nothing to do with it not being placed inside the building like you claimed.

But I digress, let's get back on topic. Please, tell us more about how the story in the OP didn't really happen.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    after some perusing, here's my readers digest version:
    • Mortality rates by region were 38.5% head and neck, 28.6% upper torso, 23.1% lower torso, and ZERO for butt and pelvis and the extremities!
    • Patients who were hit in two or more regions had their mortality rates go up anywhere from 8 – 20%, depending on the combination of regions, cumulatively.

Shots to the head have a 97.6% fatality rate on scene.

Whether we agree to accept a handful of internet articles as true or not, this guy survived absolutely incredible odds for nearly a full minute.

Further research stated that even with combined wounds, those whom reached the ER before being pronounced DOA had a 84% survival rate. (ok, im stunned)

In my stubborn mentality I texted a golf buddy who is a retired surgeon. his response was "if you're alive when you get to the hospital, you could go home same day" :dunno: ok damn, i was wrong to question it, and i learned something today... at bayoushooter nonetheless.

no more center mass practice for me...

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    after some perusing, here's my readers digest version:
    • Mortality rates by region were 38.5% head and neck, 28.6% upper torso, 23.1% lower torso, and ZERO for butt and pelvis and the extremities!
    • Patients who were hit in two or more regions had their mortality rates go up anywhere from 8 – 20%, depending on the combination of regions, cumulatively.

Shots to the head have a 97.6% fatality rate on scene.

Whether we agree to accept a handful of internet articles as true or not, this guy survived absolutely incredible odds.

Further research stated that even with combined wounds, those whom reached the ER before being pronounced DOA had a 84% survival rate. (ok, im stunned)

In my stubborn mentality I texted a golf buddy who is a retired surgeon. his response was "if you're alive when you get to the hospital, you could go home same day" :dunno: ok damn, i was wrong.

no more center mass practice for me...

Well placed shot to the inguinal area of the hip, where the femoral artery goes into the hip bone, will A.) SHOULD (provided hes not hopped up on some synthetic chemical) stop the BG in his tracks due to a major joint area, with major blood vessels and large nerves converging there, and B.) provide a hasty exanguation of the artery roughly the same size around as your pinky finger.

En sh'allah. :ninja:

Keep aiming center mass too Wabbit! All that fancy Hollywood mumbo jumbo - Ain't nobody got time for that!

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I like the part where you respond to the crowd here by assuming they base their opinions on "a handful of internet article" - that's how it came off to me anyways.

I think you should stop this assumption you have that you're on equal standing with anyone that you talk to, here, or better. That's a nice way of saying "know your place", by the way. It's been a continuing trend, and it's kind of getting old, seeing you get into pissing matches in situations you're uneducated about, and obviously so.

Some of the people here are experienced in a great manner, some with having to be in the business of perforating people with bullets, some of them saving people perforated with bullets, some both.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm seriously in a dilemma here doc. After I scoffed at the suggestion that 4-5 rounds center mass would allow someone to maintain a fight for another 56 seconds, a medical professional that I highly trust confirmed my ignorance for me.

Re-define "neutralize the threat" when 14 rounds later this clown is still shooting back at a leo?

I've never had to defend myself on american soil but 56 seconds is longer than I want the fight to last in my living room at 3am...

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I did post links based on my experiences.

Had your ass kicked by the police? Is that why you post what you do?

and I thanked you for that.

No, I've never had any issues with police, never even been arrested. I post what I do in the hopes that people wake up and start to stand up for their Inalienable Rights. I find many people who stand for gun rights, don't stand for all our other Rights, and I'd like to see that changed.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I like the part where you respond to the crowd here by assuming they base their opinions on "a handful of internet article" - that's how it came off to me anyways.

I think you should stop this assumption you have that you're on equal standing with anyone that you talk to, here, or better. That's a nice way of saying "know your place", by the way. It's been a continuing trend, and it's kind of getting old, seeing you get into pissing matches in situations you're uneducated about, and obviously so.

Some of the people here are experienced in a great manner, some with having to be in the business of perforating people with bullets, some of them saving people perforated with bullets, some both.

You couldnt be further from the truth. 1) the "articles" i gather info from are medical publications with cited sources, not wiki or google, furthermore it confirmed their statements that I was ignorant to the topic at hand. 2) this forum has equally as many morons posting anything they can to discredit and start crap for any reason whatsoever. "7 pages of truth becomes LIES when 36 is referred to as "roughly half", remember? better example: install this laser-sight on your 3" judge. expert? idiot? shrug

Everyone, on every gun forum, is a self-proclaimed expert in everything guns/defense/tactics. I'm an expert on VERY specific matters legal, and ill be the first to say that just about everything I know about tactics, hand guns, and defense was spilled into me by a GS-5 who had never seen combat. Just because I learned something here doesn't mean you've got to be an asshat and go all offensive brody on me.

edit: i didnt give the prick enough credit, he was probably a GS-8 with an office job in kuwait.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    not sure what you mean by that, but if you think i'm demeaning the forum, I'll agree to a point.

I'll agree that if you sort through the trolls and completely inept fire-starters, (and there are ...plenty) that there are some guys here that have great experience and a real treasure of advice to give. I was a civi at pope for 6 years, and every guy within 5 miles of bragg thinks hes john rambo. I learned more from two phone calls and two day-courses from guys i met here than I learned in weeks and months of extra-curricular training there, by "professionals".

There are some guys here that genuinely know their ****, be it defense, handguns, local laws, trading, whatever.

There are also said pile of fire-starter trolls that must be sorted through. For them, I say this is the internet and they cease to exist as soon as I push the power button. Their emotions mean as much to me as what they think of my screen name, which means as much to me as that unidentified green substance caught between the tracks of my running shoes.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I don't really understand why anyone is doubting the story. Amazing stuff happens. This isn't the norm, but it's possible.

I truly believe the story too. It's a got damned shame that someone can't wrap their head around the inept will to survive by a human being. If I started getting riddled with holes, I'm not looking for the Flight part of fight or flight.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    knguyen
    Top Bottom