LEO now carries 145 rounds on duty.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    You don't get to pick the type of fight or type of attacker, so prepare for the worst you can practically prepare for...

Good story and lessons involved, beyond just the round count. "Slow down, aim better" Use of cover...

I carry 13+1 w/ 2*17 concealed as a regular Joe Blow. I don't want to give up. I'll never say "Well if I had to shoot more than those 13+1s I'll be dead anyways..." **** that ********, the fight isn't over until I choose, and that's the only mindset allowable.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    You don't get to pick the type of fight or type of attacker, so prepare for the worst you can practically prepare for...

Good story and lessons involved, beyond just the round count. "Slow down, aim better" Use of cover...

I carry 13+1 w/ 2*17 concealed as a regular Joe Blow. I don't want to give up. I'll never say "Well if I had to shoot more than those 13+1s I'll be dead anyways..." **** that ********, the fight isn't over until I choose, and that's the only mindset allowable.

I have no problem with that. But if this is your mindset, why aren't you carrying 145 rounds on your person?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have no problem with that. But if this is your mindset, why aren't you carrying 145 rounds on your person?
    Because I am limited by what I can conceal, which comes in to play with other factors. The guy in the story has a chest rig on. Nothing in my company uniform guidelines includes "MOLLE WEBBING" ;)

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Because I am limited by what I can conceal, which comes in to play with other factors. The guy in the story has a chest rig on. Nothing in my company uniform guidelines includes "MOLLE WEBBING" ;)

Maybe if you discuss the advantages of it with your senior management. Explain the benefits. Strap your cell phone, tablet, pens, rolodex, TPS report cover sheets.... etc. to the webbing. Obtain bonus brownie points for introducing new technology that will improve the effeciency of the work group, since they won't have to look for those items. Get promoted to VP of dress code. Obtain stock options, high end sports cars, and babes.... Win-win!

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Dang...can someone provide any links to concealable mag pouches that they like/use?

Would it be too obvious just to carry extra mags OWB that have a cover flap on them?

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Dang...can someone provide any links to concealable mag pouches that they like/use?

Would it be too obvious just to carry extra mags OWB that have a cover flap on them?

Which gun? I have 1911 mag pouches that look like a knife sheath, nothing obtrusive about them. I also have IWB mag carriers for Glock mags from Comp-tac that work well.

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    I imagine that gunfights aren't an exact science (until a good CNS hit happens). This is a rare extreme story of a rare extreme incident. If you want to be extra prepared, that's fine. To me, the officer is approaching the point where he might ought to just carry a carbine everywhere.

He should really take Joe Biden's advice....."if there's ever a problem just walk out on the balcony here ... put that double-barreled shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,"

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    He should really take Joe Biden's advise....."if there's ever a problem just walk out on the balcony here ... put that double-barreled shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,"

Not at all what I'm saying. The guy is a cop who got in a bad jam with a bad dude. The story is amazing. It brings a lot of questions to mind. I'm not a badass and I hope to avoid people that need shooting, much less one that needs so much of it. I carry more than what I figure I'll need and what fits into my wardrobe.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'd love to believe this story, but "In this free-for-all, the assailant had, in fact, been struck 14 times. Any one of six of these wounds — in the heart, right lung, left lung, liver, diaphragm, and right kidney — could have produced fatal consequences…*in time,* Gramins emphasizes."

it just goes against everything I've ever read about medical science. 6 wounds .45, at that, to those locations and he would have been incapacitated in single-digit seconds and dead in not much more.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    I imagine that gunfights aren't an exact science (until a good CNS hit happens). This is a rare extreme story of a rare extreme incident. If you want to be extra prepared, that's fine. To me, the officer is approaching the point where he might ought to just carry a carbine everywhere.

A handgun should be used to fight your way to your longgun. This LEO is lucky the BG didnt do just that; any handgun with any amount of ammunition is less than an SKS with 30 rounds.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    it just goes against everything I've ever read about medical science. 6 wounds .45, at that, to those locations and he would have been incapacitated in single-digit seconds and dead in not much more.
    It pretty well jives with everything I've read from /credible/ sources. That said, he didn't go into great detail, really. Lung shots don't do much - they're sponges, not balloons. Heart wounds could have been superficial muscular damage and not absolute perforation. Just saying it's plausible he's not full of ****, and nothing made me think it was worth calling ******** on, skeptical as I am.

I mean really, if you had anything to call BS on, it was a cop that was actually that he was so accurate in his shots! (just kidding, don't tase me, cops)

Top Bottom