Let me ask something....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Chances of that **** is near zero. There are literally thousands of other ways to kill yourself, many of them being much easier. Also most people who would consider using a gun already have a gun or could go and purchase a gun and then kill themselves at some place besides the range.
    I agree...sounds like chances are near zero. Yet...I am guessing some range owners feel differently and that is what Muddy45 posted.
    I was responding to his quote.
    That said...whenever one owns a business and has been sued a few times...they do tend to become more cautious.

Originally Posted by Muddy45 View Post
    If they aren't happy or excited in a positive way is a flag. I've talked to a few owners of indoor ranges that won't rent guns to people unless they walk in the door smiling. I asked why and they said "The ones that smile aren't going to shoot themselves in the range."

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

Very interesting, and that's more than I would have thought. The statistics in one of those articles was 64 out of 17,800 suicides, or less than a percent. I would imagine some of those were unintentional so it's going to be a pretty small fraction of a percent, but that's still more than I would have thought.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I agree...sounds like chances are near zero. Yet...I am guessing some range owners feel differently and that is what Muddy45 posted.
    I was responding to his quote.
    That said...whenever one owns a business and has been sued a few times...they do tend to become more cautious.

Originally Posted by Muddy45 View Post
    If they aren't happy or excited in a positive way is a flag. I've talked to a few owners of indoor ranges that won't rent guns to people unless they walk in the door smiling. I asked why and they said "The ones that smile aren't going to shoot themselves in the range."

Yeah I stand corrected and this happens more than I thought. Still it's very rare, but in a world where you will get sued for anything, I can imagine now why they'd be cautious.

I guess I just think a gun range would be a shitty place to die :D

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Don't sell your guns and problem solved. Stock pile them for when the SHTF! Lol

Seriously though, I think I am a pretty good judge of character. If I feel that something just isn't right about the situation, no matter what would cause me to believe that, I'll simply call off the deal. And that goes for whether I'm selling a firearm to an ice chest and everything in between.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Yeah I stand corrected and this happens more than I thought. Still it's very rare, but in a world where you will get sued for anything, I can imagine now why they'd be cautious.

I guess I just think a gun range would be a shitty place to die :D

Sometimes people who commit suicide tend to act in order to "get back" at those close to them. Suicidal people are irrational IMO and very depressed.

Its hard for me to comprehend. I remember many years ago...the daughter of the owner of new car dealership went and purchased a handgun at Security Sporting Goods...then drove to her family's dealership and blew who brains out in the car...right in front of the new car showroom. That was to mess with the family IMO.

Others are more rational....and just go to a park bench. That is more considerate and probably just because the person wants to die and not "get back" at someone IMO.

Where is a good place to die from suicide. Heck...I don't know. Its an irrational thought process. Think about the person who jumps off of a bridge. My gosh....if it takes 3 or 4 days to find the body...between the decomposition and critters...there isn't much there. And if the body is never found...then it takes a while to get a death certificate. That can hurt a family...especially if there are financial concerns such as life ins.
    But...when someone wants to kill themselves...Then that person just isn't thinking clearly because they are in immense pain. In any case..who am I to judge ?

Top Bottom