Limits to a Member's WTS Ads?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I don’t really mind multiple adds. What is aggravating is seeing the same adds bumped daily for ridiculous prices. It’s like people don’t take the 30 seconds it would take to research what the current market value is of what they are trying to sell.

Wth would I pay $800 for your used Glock with a couple hundred rounds of crappy ammo I don’t want when I can go buy the exact same gun for $550 brand new, get the ammo I want and still come out cheaper.

Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I'm guilty of multi-bumping of ads. I research GB, TrueGunValues and brand specific forums which give me a good idea of prices realized nationally. I post here cuz I'm too lazy to mess with shipping.
    I leave them up here a long time (sometimes) and eventually they sell. I can see where it could be annoying. Sorry.

krotsman

Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm guilty of multi-bumping of ads. I research GB, TrueGunValues and brand specific forums which give me a good idea of prices realized nationally. I post here cuz I'm too lazy to mess with shipping.
    I leave them up here a long time (sometimes) and eventually they sell. I can see where it could be annoying. Sorry.
    Don't apologize. It just takes the right person to see your ad at the right time to make a deal. I always say that you can find just about anything you need online used if you're willing to wait for it. I find that I'm right most of the time, especially when I get impatient and buy a new tool or something, then see it a couple months later on Craigslist... It works the same way for finding a buyer. If you're not in a hurry, chances are that someone will buy it from you, or at least make an offer, if it stays posted long enough.

Gator 45/70

Hey I do the same thing but I'm not apologizing for Jack Schlitz!
    Don't like my ads, Whine and snivel someplace else. (not you per say man)

YoungMarine

Dec 4, 2013
    West Fel.
    An option that might be reasonable to all would be limiting WTS listing bumps to one total per day, per non-paying member. Paying members should not be restricted. That would alleviate some of the congestion and still allow people to have as many listings as they desire, just force them to spread out the bumping instead of the mass bumps that clog up the "what's new" feed. For example, if you have 100 individual listings active at one time it would take 100 days to bump them all. If you have a more reasonable number, like 7, you still can get a bump a week for each item which will still probably get most reasonably priced items seen and sold. This would encourage listing multiple items in one WTS ad which would further reduce the amount of listings to scroll through and clean up the classifieds a bit.

Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    To tell you the truth you take away multi ads, and multi bumps you will loose 75% of the members… this site would be a ghost town, the majority of the active people on this site like myself are also active in the marketplace.. but that’s just my humble option.. also you don’t like looking at ads then just click forums and click what topic you wanna look at.. stay away from the market place

The majority of yall complaining are lurkers anyway.. lol, yall have sub 500 post and have been here 10 plus years.. yall just like to read and don’t participate in aren’t active in the site…

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    OR , somebody might see an item that's been listed for a while and think that the seller may be willing to consider a lower offer .

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    If the seller is willing to accept less in order to sell the item, the seller should stop playing games and list that selling price as his selling price.
    The seller may be willing to take less just to move it . That doesn't mean he's playing games . Have you ever bought a new car ? Ever bought a house ? Did you ever sell a car or a house ? Did you negotiate ?

T-boy

Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    Ahhh there’s been quite a few times I have had stuff posted for a month or 2 with no bites and then all of a sudden Sombody contact me and pay asking price.. just cause item isn’t selling at listed price doesn’t mean the value isn’t there, just means the interested clients arnt there, and never know when they will show up lol
    100%

Not a very big seller, but this exact thing happened with my last posting.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The seller may be willing to take less just to move it . That doesn't mean he's playing games . Have you ever bought a new car ? Ever bought a house ? Did you ever sell a car or a house ? Did you negotiate ?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

It basically goes like this. I'm willing to sell it for a price. But I'm not going to tell you that price. Instead I'm going to list a different price that I'm ok not selling it at. If you are interested in buying the item, don't tell me how much you'd be willing to pay for it. Start with a price that you would be ok with me not accepting.

I don't play those games. I may have missed out on things by not playing the games but I'm ok with that. I look at an item and look at the price. Is the price reasonable? If it is, I may be interested in it. If it isn't, I move on.

When I list an item, I try to list the lowest retail price I can find. From there I'll try to list an item at 70-80% of the retail price because it's used. If someone offers less, I'll either ask them why they feel my asking price was not reasonable or I'll counter with a higher price. People don't like that. "Why'd the price go up? Your ad says $xxx." Yes, it does. You felt it was reasonable to change the price so I felt it was reasonable to change the price. See, stupid games.

Top Bottom