Limits to a Member's WTS Ads?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunnut

Jan 12, 2023
    PA
    They made it this way over on 1911Addicts. The classifieds back before this had some epic threads.

Fordfella

Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    OR , somebody might see an item that's been listed for a while and think that the seller may be willing to consider a lower offer .
    ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR Geography might be involved. In my case an item in Opelousas, Crowley, New Iberia looks a lot better than something in Violet, Slidell etc. But, I have to go to Biloxi next month for something else, I might go back through the ads and see if "that something" in Slidell is still available.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not being able to post in the sale thread is beyond comprehension. This is the only site I frequent that has this archaic rule in place.

Yet still good enough to keep you coming back.

The last time comments were allowed, I was a strong proponent. In fact, I would say that comments were allowed again for a while mostly because of me. The users on this board were unable to keep a large number of replies civil. I eventually had to concede and admit I was wrong about the user's ability to behave. That "archaic rule" is a direct result of the behavior of the users as a whole.

Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria

The last time comments were allowed, I was a strong proponent. In fact, I would say that comments were allowed again for a while mostly because of me. The users on this board were unable to keep a large number of replies civil. I eventually had to concede and admit I was wrong about the user's ability to behave. That "archaic rule" is a direct result of the behavior of the users as a whole.
    All true - but it WAS very entertaining!

Gravelface

Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12

No doubt. Certainly not giving up on one of my favorite local forums for 1 “inconvenience“.

But sometimes it’s nice to be able to call out a seller who ghost buyers or bring attention to others about crap behavior of sellers. Or point out to everyone if something seems off about an ad.

As long as it’s done tactfully.

Just me venting. As I don’t expect a change.

Still love this place, just one of the rules that annoys me. No place is perfect, but would like a little more freedom In the sales departments. Or deals threads.

I’d be happy to be a mod for people who overstep civilly boundaries.

Jstudz220

Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    All true - but it WAS very entertaining!
    Right! If anything I would think it would bring more traffic/ posting to the site. Look at the most popular threads here. They aren’t about how to install a new trigger in a 1911 or how to mount a scope on a hunting rifle they are hot topics with people bickering back and forth.

usmc-nav

Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I enjoy the classified and have made some purchases. My wish is that if an item isn't selling, you should consider that perhaps your asking price is too high. Relisting the item over and over is not going to justify your asking price. If it doesn't sell, then either lower your asking price or stop bumping it and list it elsewhere.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I enjoy the classified and have made some purchases. My wish is that if an item isn't selling, you should consider that perhaps your asking price is too high. Relisting the item over and over is not going to justify your asking price. If it doesn't sell, then either lower your asking price or stop bumping it and list it elsewhere.
    Why is this " your wish " ?

usmc-nav

Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    IDK what you are talking about Dan. Is this improper English? My hope, My dream, Make people, etc., which do you prefer?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No doubt. Certainly not giving up on one of my favorite local forums for 1 “inconvenience“.

But sometimes it’s nice to be able to call out a seller who ghost buyers or bring attention to others about crap behavior of sellers. Or point out to everyone if something seems off about an ad.

Still love this place, just one of the rules that annoys me. No place is perfect, but would like a little more freedom In the sales departments. Or deals threads.

I don't disagree with you. I've considered looking into starting a section called something like "Marketplace Discussions" for the reasons you mentioned.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    I think the reason for multiple fs adds for some people is that you cant edit original posts after a certain amount of time. They find more stuff for sale and cant add to 1st post because you cant edit anymore.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think the reason for multiple fs adds for some people is that you cant edit original posts after a certain amount of time. They find more stuff for sale and cant add to 1st post because you cant edit anymore.

There's a report button at the bottom of every post. If there's an issue, report the post. You can list the reason for the report. Explain you can't edit the old post and list what you would like to do. All the mods will see the report. One will assist you soon.

The issue comes in when people do what they want first than try to explain it after the mods have issued a warning. I can't recall seeing any ad posted on the site that was so time sensitive that it couldn't have wait a few hours before being posted. But some people don't believe they should be follow the rules if that inconveniences them. We see a lot of "will post pictures when I get home." How about not posting the ad until you get home? Or "I can't figure out how to post pictures so I can text them."

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    There's a report button at the bottom of every post. If there's an issue, report the post. You can list the reason for the report. Explain you can't edit the old post and list what you would like to do. All the mods will see the report. One will assist you soon.

The issue comes in when people do what they want first than try to explain it after the mods have issued a warning. I can't recall seeing any ad posted on the site that was so time sensitive that it couldn't have wait a few hours before being posted. But some people don't believe they should be follow the rules if that inconveniences them. We see a lot of "will post pictures when I get home." How about not posting the ad until you get home? Or "I can't figure out how to post pictures so I can text them."
    I was meaning more like for safe cleanouts. couple monthes later find more stuff. now you have 2 posts because you couldnt edit first one.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012

It was a shitshow. People are jerks lol.

Use the rating system for this. Folks with poor ratings have a hard time selling and eventually get banned.
    I don't disagree with you. I've considered looking into starting a section called something like "Marketplace Discussions" for the reasons you mentioned.
    I would entertain this. I think we had a "Bearpit" forum at some point where we let folks be assholes. It got out of hand, but we could definitely consider something like the above.

Top Bottom