Limits to a Member's WTS Ads?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Bearpit! Bearpit!!! Bearpit!!!
    freedom.jpg

Gravelface

Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    It was a shitshow. People are jerks lol.

Use the rating system for this. Folks with poor ratings have a hard time selling and eventually get banned.
    Maybe it’s just I’ve always regarded rating systems, all other forums they are for completed exchanges.

I see where some comments can get out of hand. But zero comments in sales threads blows my mind. Mass punishment for actions of a few.

That’s what moderators are for. Reel in threads that get carried away.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Maybe it’s just I’ve always regarded rating systems, all other forums they are for completed exchanges.

I see where some comments can get out of hand. But zero comments in sales threads blows my mind. Mass punishment for actions of a few.

That’s what moderators are for. Reel in threads that get carried away.

My thinking was if I had a question about something, it was likely someone else also had that question. So if I ask it in the thread, the seller would only need to answer it once. But people quickly started calling out the seller and/or suggesting potential buyers look elsewhere. The mods were overwhelmed with policing the comments and struggled to keep up. And so it was more like mass punishment for the masses. A$$#olery became the rule rather than the exception with a large number of threads getting carried away. So the moderators decided the best way to moderate what the users created was for the comments to go away.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I prefer that you let people make up their own mind about pricing their item .

Wishing someone would make a specific decision does not force them to make that decision. The fact I am still here should be evidence of that as I'm sure more than one person has wished I would leave and not come back.

Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Wishing someone would make a specific decision does not force them to make that decision. The fact I am still here should be evidence of that as I'm sure more than one person has wished I would leave and not come back.
    I think most of those people have left willfully and non-willfully and have not come back lol I have sneak back in and left again unwillingly lol

Jstudz220

Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It was a shitshow. People are jerks lol.

Use the rating system for this. Folks with poor ratings have a hard time selling and eventually get banned.

I would entertain this. I think we had a "Bearpit" forum at some point where we let folks be assholes. It got out of hand, but we could definitely consider something like the above.
    I think we should allow some sort of “pit” let people speak their minds and show their true colors. I always enjoy reading through them personally.

Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Sorry I stepped away for a few mins, had to go bump all my ads and mark one sold after selling 2- ar15’s I have been bumping for a few months… hmm bumping must still work huh :doh:

But yea, some sites have like,

The pit
    Dumping brass
    Rants and raves

Ect

You would need an admin just for that section to make sure it stays on course :dogkeke::dogkeke:

hotbiggun

May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Do you guys get confused when there are 3-4 or more firearms on one add? Some of the ads are confusing.
    Another thing, i understand theperez's decision not to allow comments on ads but comments can be helpful as most guys are needing specs on certain homebuilt ARs. It would be nice if we could see others questions already asked. Does thatmake sense?

hotbiggun

May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Sorry I stepped away for a few mins, had to go bump all my ads and mark one sold after selling 2- ar15’s I have been bumping for a few months… hmm bumping must still work huh :doh:

The pit
    Dumping brass
    Rants and raves

Ect

You would need an admin just for that section to make sure it stays on course :dogkeke::dogkeke:
    Oh man you would be perfect for a pit mod!

Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Do you guys get confused when there are 3-4 or more firearms on one add? Some of the ads are confusing.
    Another thing, i understand theperez's decision not to allow comments on ads but comments can be helpful as most guys are needing specs on certain homebuilt ARs. It would be nice if we could see others questions already asked. Does thatmake sense?
    i understand the comments in the ads, it seems good, but would be a mod nightmare, trying to keep track of all the troll comments and bashing ect... and before you know it the fella who post the ad gets mad and retaliates and then its just off the rails after that

Xenon

Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Limiting FS ads seems like a solution to a problem we don't have. The primary reason most come to the site is for the marketplace.

I prefer no 2 firearms be listed together unless they are two of the same. I don't want to have to click a link and go inside to see what's being sold, so I usually bypass those. Parts/knives/ammo is a different story.

I really liked the comments to be on and spoke my peace about it the first time they were turned off. No real need to mention it since then. I do understand why they are off right now.

I did notice a few more items for sale that I am interested in (via in various signatures of this thread) that I hadn't seen before in the marketplace, probably because they haven't been bumped :D. I also have several ads bookmarked/saved for future reference. I rarely travel out of my little unsafe space of the GNO, so have never even expressed my interest to those sellers. I might if I am traveling or if he drops the price enough to make me want to drive 2 hours.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Yes, that makes sense. But the seller should take it as a hint that he needs to update his ad if multiple people ask similar questions.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

A broken clock is right twice a day.

The pit
    Dumping brass
    Rants and raves

Ect

Are you throwing your hat in the ring to mod that section?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    i understand the comments in the ads, it seems good, but would be a mod nightmare, trying to keep track of all the troll comments and bashing ect... and before you know it the fella who post the ad gets mad and retaliates and then its just off the rails after that

Yes, we got a lot of complaints from sellers complaining about people derailing their sale.

Top Bottom