LOCO Academy Seeking Instructors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    ^^^This brings up an interesting point. As an OC expert how do you feel about going 'Mexican'? I usually carry my 1911 cocked and locked in the front center of my waistband but occasionally when I bend over the safety comes off. Should I use rubber bands to keep the hammer back?

First we must presume that you, of course, carry with the chamber empty. Now, I need to know if there are any bullets in your clip -- then I can answer the question which you pose.

Do you offer a seperate course for long guns? I'm trying to decide before my next trip to the mall if I should sling my AK barrel up or down? Or should I switch to a single point sling and put it under a trench coat? I've heard these are very stylish in New Orleans summers among the OC crowd...

Long gun-carry (to which we do not refer as LC, for obvious reasons) is a topic that we cover in our advanced classes. I view your request for information with a high level of empathy. However, we do charge tuition for our courses, and thus cannot provide detailed answers on a public forum.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    dawg23,
    I know very well I could be taking your post wrong,however it does leave me with the impression that you do not approve of those who open carry. If I am wrong in my assumption I apologize. although if I am correct I would be interested in your reasoning.

Another of those CCW trolls. Begone, sir. And do not return.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    To whom it may concern,
    I would like to submit my name for consideration as a LOCO instructor. My main question is do we get some sweetass badges to carry? I openly carry my camo painted Lorcin strung up with camo 550 cord tied around my neck, single point-style. A sweetass badge would really look cool clipped to the 550 cord. Could I get the badge in camo?
    Thank you,

Steve Hebert Lawson Of North Gretna (S.H.L.O.N.G.)

Dear Schlong:

Obviously we cannot guarantee, at this time, that you will be accepted as a LOCO instructor. However, upon receipt of your application (and your application fee), you can count on it.

p.s. We do offer two upgrade options on our instructor badges. One has a bright pink background (for our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters in arms) and the other is a camo version based on our our copyrighted digital desert tan/forest woodlands combo pattern. Both of these badges require the imposition of a very reasonable additional fee.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Please sir,
    I request that you consider my application for a instructor position. It's not so much that I know that much to instruct others, but I need money to buy a true crossdraw holster. I have been duct taping my Taurus PT92F to my chest to OC and ripping the tape off is getting to be a bit painful.
    Thanks for your (ouch) consideration.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Please sir,
    I request that you consider my application for a instructor position. It's not so much that I know that much to instruct others, but I need money to buy a true crossdraw holster. I have been duct taping my Taurus PT92F to my chest to OC and ripping the tape off is getting to be a bit painful.
    Thanks for your (ouch) consideration.

We recommend prepping the skin with a liberal coating of superglue prior to applying duct tape. I'm not at all convinced that you have what it takes to be a LOCO instructor.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Dear DIC:

You may have noticed that I continue to use the term "open-carry" rather than "OC." This is avoid confusion with Oleoresin Capsicum, a Latin term meaning "Give me some water, bitch. This sh*t is melting my eyeballs."

We appreciate your interest, and we look forward to receiving your CV.

Dude, whatever issues we may have had in the past are completely wiped away as far as i am concerned./ that is the funniest **** I have read since the last time MEM posted on OCDO.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Thanks again for an excellent and awe-inspiring post, dawg.

I do have a quick question about the 45° blade. I've been using a protractor to develop an accurate 45° blade but am having considerable inconsistency with this method. I've heard that practice with a sextant and certain stars would work better in developing a much faster and accurate 45° blade. Can you recommend a good sextant manufacturer and the preferred stars or constellations with which I can perfect this maneuver?

P.S. I hear that if you "wonder" long enough you can in fact see where Orion has an open-carry firearm on his belt. Simply amazing!

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Your website is down, probably hacked by those CC nutcases that openly hate on OCers.

I can only seem to blade at 44. Is there hope for me? Should I attend a beginner or advanced class?

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Another of those CCW trolls. Begone, sir. And do not return.

WOW! Now this is just me but the only reason I open carry is that I can be arrested if I conceal my weapon. Unless of course I humbly ask my benevolent government to grant me permission to exercise my RIGHT to bear arms and to protect myself and those I love. It seems the only reason you carry is because your masters have given you permission. what happens when they don't give it any more? What happens if they decide no more CCW? Do you turn into one of the people you mock? Do you break the law and conceal anyway? Maybe just hope you are never a victim. When you ask for a PRIVILEGE that privilege can be taken from you faster then it was given. When I decide to carry a gun it is not because someone said I could. It is because I choose to exercise A RIGHT granted by both the U.S. and Louisiana constitution. That can't be taken nearly as easily as a concealed carry permit.
    MASTER SAYS TAKE A CLASS.You take a class
    MASTER SAYS PAY $200. You pay $200.
    MASTER SAYS GIVE ME YOUR FINGER PRINTS. You give them your finger prints
    One thing I will say. You are well trained not sure I would brag about it though.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Would be no problem to get one. I have a pistol permit in NY. laws are different here and I don't have to ask permission to carry so I choose not to.

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    Dear Sir,

While I'm interested in taking a position with your academy. I would ask that you waive the requirement on blading at a 45 degree angle in my case. While I was once quite proficient in the skill and used it often, I can no longer do so to a full 45 degrees. I once sustained a slight bruise to my left knee when a jack booted puppet of the government oppressed me in front of a Wal-mart. (I cannot go into greater detail as I could risk my sweet settlement check. I'm sure you understand.) I now experience an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my abdomen if I blade beyond 38 degrees. I wish now to only do so when absolutely necessary to defend my rights.

I believe I can more than make up in these short comings with vast experience dealing with the I-attacks of JBTs on various OC forums.

With Respect,

DOUglas CHEster BAGeroun
    AKA Douche Bag

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    WOW! Now this is just me but the only reason I open carry is that I can be arrested if I conceal my weapon. Unless of course I humbly ask my benevolent government to grant me permission to exercise my RIGHT to bear arms and to protect myself and those I love. It seems the only reason you carry is because your masters have given you permission. what happens when they don't give it any more? What happens if they decide no more CCW? Do you turn into one of the people you mock? Do you break the law and conceal anyway? Maybe just hope you are never a victim. When you ask for a PRIVILEGE that privilege can be taken from you faster then it was given. When I decide to carry a gun it is not because someone said I could. It is because I choose to exercise A RIGHT granted by both the U.S. and Louisiana constitution. That can't be taken nearly as easily as a concealed carry permit.
    MASTER SAYS TAKE A CLASS.You take a class
    MASTER SAYS PAY $200. You pay $200.
    MASTER SAYS GIVE ME YOUR FINGER PRINTS. You give them your finger prints
    One thing I will say. You are well trained not sure I would brag about it though.

If I throw a stick, will you go away?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom