LOCO Academy Seeking Instructors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Dawg,

Because of the reputation of your highly esteemed and recognized organization, I will not take any offense to your concern over such matters. Allow me to further explain:

1.) While clearly the best way of carrying a rifle is with a sling for normal applications, slings provide an inadequate degree of security for my weapon on my day-to-day operations. Secondly, while fire-arm safety is my number one goal (which the holster helps to provide), I must still be viewed as a bad-ass so people don't mess with me (remember, I only carry an air-soft gun for protection). The holster helps to achieve this.

2.) The reason for the placement of my rifle is easily explained. First, while riding on my motorcycle, carrying my weapon on my back assures that other drivers have the greatest chance of seeing it. Second, at only 4' - 8'' in stature, Tactical Long-Carry on Leg (T.L.C.L.) is not an option with current technology, as my legs are 12'' shorter than the rifle. I have toyed around with a custom-made (by myself, of course) side holster for my M4A1, but the rifle slipped off my side crashing to the ground and chipped off a piece of the fore-grip which I later repaired with electrical tape and shoe polish.

As you can see I am very seasoned in the art of Long-Carry and hope to bring my level of knowledge and experience to the table as Senior Resident Long-Carry Instructor.

Yours in Liberty (Not the Statue)

Macho.

P.S. Please allow me some time to send in my application fee. My mom was recently laid off and she owes me 3 weeks allowance.

Dear Macho:

The LOCO review board has considered your recent submittal of clarification points. We find them to be valid, and are pleased to announce that, upon receipt of your application fee, you will be allowed to participate in our Tactical Interactive Test Score (****) Program.

Once you have completed the program, we will evaluate your ****. The panel's evaluation will consist of a letter grade and a numerical component. In our system, a letter grade of "A" means Amateur, "B" means Borderline, "C" means Competent, "D" means Distinguished and "E" means Excellent.

Your numerical score must be at least 32, with 50 being the highest score recorded thus far. For example, a score 32A is significantly inferior to a score of 38D.

Your **** exercise will take place at any of several venues, such as Wal-Mart, pawn shops, etc. Your ability to interact with and educate uninformed employees, along with your ability to impress soccer moms and frighten any small children in their care, will be assessed using very stringent guidelines. The manner in which you are able to stand your ground, challenge and argue with law enforcement officers is, of course, a major component of the assessment.

We look forward to receiving your application fee. To simplify the process, you may want to have your mom endorse her unemployment benefits check directly to the LOCO Academy.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Dawg,

Attending your Academy has been in the front of my mind since this post. However, I have a dilemma. I have a CCW permit and a genuine CCW badge. I wear the badge on my right-front hip. If I were to open carry, there would be no need to wear my CCW shield. So I propose this to you: Is is possible to revise you syllabus to incorporate both an open carry/conceal carry strategy that includes the display of a CCW badge. I would like to open carry a side arm (preferably in a BlackHawk thigh rig) and CC a pistol. That way my CCW badge remains legitimate and continues to earn me respect. Best of both worlds?

Thank you for any consideration,
    Tulse

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Dawg,

Attending your Academy has been in the front of my mind since this post. However, I have a dilemma. I have a CCW permit and a genuine CCW badge. I wear the badge on my right-front hip. If I were to open carry, there would be no need to wear my CCW shield. So I propose this to you: Is is possible to revise you syllabus to incorporate both an open carry/conceal carry strategy that includes the display of a CCW badge. I would like to open carry a side arm (preferably in a BlackHawk thigh rig) and CC a pistol. That way my CCW badge remains legitimate and continues to earn me respect. Best of both worlds?

Thank you for any consideration,
    Tulse

Dear Tulse:

I'm sure you understand that the "front of your mind" is comprised of the frontal lobes of your brain.

Thus you will surely appreciate why, rather than going to the trouble of revising my syllabus, I am inclined to suggest a frontal lobotomy. This can be performed at any number of clinics. However, you will be pleased to know I operate the only neuromedical medical center in the state that performs this procedure on an out-patient basis.

I would still suggest that you take the open carry class, since this will make you eligible for our 20% "preferred patient" discount.

If you have any further questions, I will be happy to refer you to one of our counselors who can enroll you in the open-carry class as well as schedule you for surgery.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    How about an Open Carry badge?

Dear Piper:

As has been noted in an earlier thread
    (http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=253180&highlight=badge#post253180), we do offer Open Carry badges.

You may wish to note that we have recently revised our curriculum, and now award the badges only to students who have earned the coveted "Distinguished Graduate" ranking.

Our Open Carry badge is designed to be worn over the centerline of the chest. We consider this to be tactically superior to the belt carry badge in that our badge offer additional protection from handgun and rifle rounds, and can potentially serve as an impediment to RPG's.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Dear Tulse:

I'm sure you understand that the "front of your mind" is comprised of the frontal lobes of your brain.

Thus you will surely appreciate why, rather than going to the trouble of revising my syllabus, I am inclined to suggest a frontal lobotomy. This can be performed at any number of clinics. However, you will be pleased to know I operate the only neuromedical medical center in the state that performs this procedure on an out-patient basis.

I would still suggest that you take the open carry class, since this will make you eligible for our 20% "preferred patient" discount.

If you have any further questions, I will be happy to refer you to one of our counselors who can enroll you in the open-carry class as well as schedule you for surgery.

Dawg,

I am honored that you made such a quick reply, and, yes, I'd like to have portions of my brain removed. But a few things before I commit to enrollment.

I am very intrigued by your last post. I have often thought my shield(s) could play an important defensive roll. I see we are like-minded here. My personal vision in defensive badge maneuvering (DBM) would necessary incorporate a strong hand Israeli draw while, concomitantly, the weak had went for one of the badges. Obviously, training in krav maga, feng shui, and santería will be prerequisite to successfully employing any badge-bullet deflecting technique. But alas, we seem to bifurcate in option here, though. I see the badge as an active defensive tool --similar to the way Wonder Woman employed her cuffs-- while you see it a something more akin to static body armor. Is your stance immovable?

Also, as a thorough individual, i must ask if your academy is equipped with the personnel to handle this sort of training. That's is, have you found in this thread qualified instructors?

Last edited:

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Dawg,

I am honored that you made such a quick reply, and, yes, I'd like to have portions of my brain removed. But a few things before I commit to enrollment.

I am very intrigued by your last post. I have often thought my shield(s) could play an important defensive roll. I see we are like-minded here. My personal vision in defensive badge maneuvering (DBM) would necessary incorporate a strong hand Israeli draw while, concomitantly, the weak had went for one of the badges. Obviously, training in krav maga, feng shui, and santería will be prerequisite to successfully employing any badge-bullet deflecting technique. But alas, we seem to bifurcate in option here, though. I see the badge as an active defensive tool --similar to the way Wonder Woman employed her cuffs-- while you see it a something more akin to static body armor. Is your stance immovable?

Also, as a thorough individual, i must ask if your academy is equipped with the personnel to handle this sort of training. That's is, have you found in this thread qualified instructors?

We pride ourselves on our flexibility, and our affinity for santeria sangria. However, we draw the line at the feng shui - with the possible exceptions of the home, car, one's place of business and public facilities.

Your portrayal of our badge usage as a static, rather than an active, defensive tool is a common error. Actually, in our advanced classes, we teach offensive badge techniques that flow out of what appear to be defensive measures.

Your question regarding the credentials of the LOCO Academy staff members is not one that I would normally dignify with an answer -- but I know that it was not ill-intentioned. Each LOCO instructor is trained in virtually every conceivable open-carry technique and discipline (many of which we developed), and each is also a board-certified brain surgeon, a master tattoo artist, a certified Lorcin armorer and a licensed mortician.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom