lol - TP posting cassidy comes in second to landrieu

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I'm still awaiting the explanation of maness' many virtues.

Change versus more of the same

Deja vu circa 2008.

I'm not a cassidy supporter btw, though I would be happy to have another physician in office. Just put off by the seemingly blind support for someone

If you really care,look back the last 2 months for detailed back and forth.

But let me throw one other thing out there:

I forget if it was the art of war or where, but one of "the classics" mentioned that you could tell as much or more about someone from his enemies as his friends.

In the country (unfortunately) we have devolved to where we let the media pick our canadates. (4 th branch of government)

Almost without exception, if they are promoting one seemingly identical Canadate over another.... Well, dig a little deeper.
    There's a reason!
    (and it's NOT a pro-freedom reason!) more "one plays dirty pool" and dances to the party line!

I WISH we could vote "throw all the bums out" but we have to settle for peeking behind the curtain.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I do seem to remember Emperor asking the same question some time ago and not getting a reply

The reply doesn't exist. I have more respect for those that choose their man because he is a military man, doctor, philanthropist, Saints fan, etc., than to back a philosophical difference that doesn't exist.

I don't even care at this point, that Cassidy would be a better choice than Landrieu.

I do care that Mary Landrieu thumbed her nose at 69% of registered voters of her own state and accepted a bribe as the deciding vote for Cloture on pretendercare.

I do care that after the BP oil spill when the pretender shut down the oil industry here, that vote she sold to him got her nothing in return. She was played as a fool.

I do care that she got Bollinger Shipyards a $100 million dollar contract, he built inferior Coast Guard cutters; and she got him the contract to fix the problem he created. I bet this lifelong republican down on the bayou DOES want her back in office if the dems were still in control. Now, not so much.

I think a case can be made that pretendercare started the whole process in this country where the wheels started to come off. Don't think so? Go back and read what happened in this country after that crap got rolling. Illegal exemptions, lies, cover ups, etc.

This is a referendum on Mary Landrieu as a traitor to her own constituents! She was supposed to represent us! 7 out of 10 here said; "Do not use you vote for pretendercare!" 7-10!

Case closed! She has to go! I don't care if an armadillo is running against her.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I don't even care at this point, that Cassidy would be a better choice than Landrieu.

I do care that Mary Landrieu thumbed her nose at 69% of registered voters of her own state and accepted a bribe as the deciding vote for Cloture on pretendercare.

I do care that after the BP oil spill when the pretender shut down the oil industry here, that vote she sold to him got her nothing in return. She was played as a fool.

I do care that she got Bollinger Shipyards a $100 million dollar contract, he built inferior Coast Guard cutters; and she got him the contract to fix the problem he created. I bet this lifelong republican down on the bayou DOES want her back in office if the dems were still in control. Now, not so much.

I think a case can be made that pretendercare started the whole process in this country where the wheels started to come off. Don't think so? Go back and read what happened in this country after that crap got rolling. Illegal exemptions, lies, cover ups, etc.

This is a referendum on Mary Landrieu as a traitor to her own constituents! She was supposed to represent us! 7 out of 10 here said; "Do not use you vote for pretendercare!" 7-10!

Case closed! She has to go! I don't care if an armadillo is running against her.

I agree 100% and that's why I changed my vote to Cassidy while standing in the booth "but it didn't help did it".

Everyone has the right to vote for who they want. Hell I don't care if you vote Mary that's your right.

In my heart I feel it doesn't matter because this country is growing full of lazy people that want handouts! And that's a bigger problem then Mary!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I agree 100% and that's why I changed my vote to Cassidy while standing in the booth "but it didn't help did it".

Everyone has the right to vote for who they want. Hell I don't care if you vote Mary that's your right.

In my heart I feel it doesn't matter because this country is growing full of lazy people that want handouts! And that's a bigger problem then Mary!!

But it did help. Returns are mathematical percentages. Your vote DID matter! The smaller the percentage against increases that percentage for the others.

I reject the old George Carlin bit; "I don't vote so I can say I didn't have anything to do with the problem!" It may have been funny, but it was not some great wise ideal. He was a phony liberal douche!

You vote for yourself! You vote to show these uncaring scumbags that there are still a few common folk watching what they do. You will never get everything you hoped for. How is that even possible when you have to spend 37 million dollars on a lost campaign?

If anyone thinks their vote doesn't matter, you'd better not look into a crystal ball and see where the voter turnout for any major election is less than 25% because if these scumbags ever see that kind of apathy in this country, it's over!

You have a delusional man in the White House that actually believes the people who didn't vote are the ones that mattered in this Mid term?!? :eek4: That nutjob is a whole other story! My god!

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    But it did help. Returns are mathematical percentages. Your vote DID matter! The smaller the percentage against increases that percentage for the others.

I reject the old George Carlin bit; "I don't vote so I can say I didn't have anything to do with the problem!" It may have been funny, but it was not some great wise ideal. He was a phony liberal douche!

You vote for yourself! You vote to show these uncaring scumbags that there are still a few common folk watching what they do. You will never get everything you hoped for. How is that even possible when you have to spend 37 million dollars on a lost campaign?

If anyone thinks their vote doesn't matter, you'd better not look into a crystal ball and see where the voter turnout for any major election is less than 25% because if these scumbags ever see that kind of apathy in this country, it's over!

You have a delusional man in the White House that actually believes the people who didn't vote are the ones that mattered in this Mid term?!? :eek4: That nutjob is a whole other story! My god!

Poor wording on my part. I know my vote helped I was just saying there's still gonna be a runoff.

I've never missed a election and won't start in Dec. I just wish the blame Maness crowd would get over it and turn to positive rallying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    So is it integrity that makes a good legislator? He has impressive achievements, but I'm not sure how they'd translate. He said very little of substance in the first debate (the one I watched) policy wise. Just some intangibles. I would think (but may be mistaken, as we all come from different points of view) that being a physician and educator would provide a similar value. Directly related to legislatlation, a military background and healthcare background both have their own merits. On the flip side, you could have an Obama with the Harvard constitutional law and civil rights background, theoretically near ideal for having a hand in drafting legislation. All of this prima facie only, obviously every individual is different

You're not selling me on anything, I'm just curious and asking you to explain what made you an ardent supporter of maness. I think cassidy supporters have a fairly strong argument made that the alternative is landrieu

Integrity beats all the "promises and lies" any day. The fact that "mainstream media" americans cannot distinguish between the two simply amazes me every day.

Reducing the size of government only requires getting back to the constitution.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    The reply doesn't exist. I have more respect for those that choose their man because he is a military man, doctor, philanthropist, Saints fan, etc., than to back a philosophical difference that doesn't exist.

If "it didn't exist" all of Yall's being rude telling others to vote for your canadate wouldn't have to!
    Cassidy is a snake in the grass. Go back to before he was restructuring his immage for the election and look at his position on amnesty.... He would say "well I'm not for amnesty, but I AM for a "pathway to forgiveness and becoming a citizen" Oh, is that what you call it!?!:rolleyes:

New boss, same as the old boss.

More here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/18/bill-cassidy-medicare_n_4985608.html
    The man votes for things he says he is against. We need scum like that OUT OF OFFICE, not in!

http://www.robmaness.com/candidate-comparison/
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/03/rob-maness-louisiana-senate_n_6096930.html

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Poor wording on my part. I know my vote helped I was just saying there's still gonna be a runoff.

I've never missed a election and won't start in Dec. I just wish the blame Maness crowd would get over it and turn to positive rallying.

Yes! Blaming Maness is misguided! It is an open primary! That's how that works! Christ's sake, we should all be applauding that there were that many candidates to choose from. Judging by what it costs to run even a semi-successful campaign and to get your message out there, I am surprised there wasn't only Cassidy and Landrieu.

There is the danger of the two party system. The only people that will be the choices will outspend all others to do so. The RNC and DNC have the money and are deciding on who gets it. If it ain't your guy, he won't win.

Go back to the fact that the DNC gave Kay Hagan millions. What grassroots candidate can afford to run against this below? This is the story! Our system goes to the highest bidder and they recoup that money by rigging the game and stealing from the treasury. This is the biggest threat to our Republic!

Kay Hagan: $11 million
    Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee: $6.7 million
    Senate Majority PAC: $8.9 million
    National Education Association Advocacy Fund: $3 million
    Women Vote: $1.5 million
    American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees People: $1.4 million
    Patriot Majority USA: $1.2 million

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Integrity beats all the "promises and lies" any day.

If you feel that way I can assure you that you're in the minority of Americans.

You don't even have to look far, it seems like every month or two another Louisiana "public servant" is indited on something usually pertaining to lining their own pockets at the expense of taxpayers.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If "it didn't exist" all of Yall's being rude telling others to vote for your canadate wouldn't have to!

Er, excuse me! I never told anyone to vote for anyone! And I wasn't rude about not telling them that! ;)

And I would encourage you to at least vote! I don't care who you personally vote for! That's why there are curtains on the booth and aren't supposed to be Black Panthers there with batons.

If you do vote your logic, you will be voting for the lessor of the two dirtbags as you perceive them to be. Six and 1/2 dozen.

Just don't stay home! That's a disservice to yourself!

BTW; the Huffington Post as an example of impartiality? :eh:

Last edited:

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    If you feel that way I can assure you that you're in the minority of Americans.

You don't even have to look far, it seems like every month or two another Louisiana "public servant" is indited on something usually pertaining to lining their own pockets at the expense of taxpayers.

Agreed. And it is truly sad...

Top Bottom