Louisiana Constitutional Carry Bills Pass.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pull-1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2018
    Lake Providence, La.
    2e615d9c-e71c-4c38-bcd5-fcd52d234d3a
    588b2bfa-e64f-4d33-a980-56d614634ea4

Attachments

• 35D401E9-7CA6-4CAD-AC2A-419C3FFB1D49.png
      35D401E9-7CA6-4CAD-AC2A-419C3FFB1D49.png
      154.3 KB · Views: 94
    Last edited:

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I just left the state. It wasn't because of gun laws. Louisiana has pretty good gun laws.

Traffic, infrastructure, wasteful government spending..... well yeah. Good reason to leave.

I also sought better weather.

I agree. if it wasn't for having 2 young children here with a mom that was born and raised here, refusing to leave family, I would've been gone years ago. I see you're in Colorado. My best friend left NOLA and went to Aspen on a "2 week" vacation. decided to buy some property/house and open a second location for his fashion/shoe store. He came home for a few weeks a couple months ago, to handle affairs and tie up loose ends here. He GAVE me a car to get it out the garage, and rolled out. He didn't want to hang around long enough to actually sell the car, and he knew I wanted to buy it from him. Bad timing for me financially, he said screw it, here take it....

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I agree. if it wasn't for having 2 young children here with a mom that was born and raised here, refusing to leave family, I would've been gone years ago. I see you're in Colorado. My best friend left NOLA and went to Aspen on a "2 week" vacation. decided to buy some property/house and open a second location for his fashion/shoe store. He came home for a few weeks a couple months ago, to handle affairs and tie up loose ends here. He GAVE me a car to get it out the garage, and rolled out. He didn't want to hang around long enough to actually sell the car, and he knew I wanted to buy it from him. Bad timing for me financially, he said screw it, here take it....

Yup. I'm in Aurora. Movers just dropped off my stuff.

Looking forward to settling in and enjoying all the state has to offer.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    People locking or not locking doors is a state of mind. You could probably not lock your doors for a long time before you had a problem. We don't because we are more safety conscious.

People live longer and there is overall less violent crime. Fewer die in wars. There literally is all kinds of data that shows we are safer today than in history.

Are we in a blip or start of an upward trend? Probably the former.

Is everywhere safe? Nope.

Will the media and politicians use what they can to influence you? Absolutely.
    Overall less violent crime than when? The 1800’s? 1900’s? 1950’s? 60’s? 70’s? 80’s? 90’s? 2000? 2010? 2015? 2020? I don’t think so.
    I really thought you were talking about being safer from violent crime. I didn’t know you were gonna throw in wars, all the new laws and stupid labels to keep people from hurting themselves and all that other stuff. Did you consider Covid in those numbers? What about the state of our union and foreign relations? Prolly should have stuck with violent crime statistics and kept it simple, as adding more fodder to the argument leaves less room for water, and I don’t see your end holding any. There are also a lot of trade offs.
    I guess I just don’t agree. I absolutely do not think we are any safer. I would wager a large portion of the population feels that way, be it from the criminals or the government. I don’t think record gun sales are simply due to hunters and sporting shooters…

Maybe the media and politicians got to you?

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Overall less violent crime than when? The 1800’s? 1900’s? 1950’s? 60’s? 70’s? 80’s? 90’s? 2000? 2010? 2015? 2020? I don’t think so.
    I really thought you were talking about being safer from violent crime. I didn’t know you were gonna throw in wars, all the new laws and stupid labels to keep people from hurting themselves and all that other stuff. Did you consider Covid in those numbers? What about the state of our union and foreign relations? Prolly should have stuck with violent crime statistics and kept it simple, as adding more fodder to the argument leaves less room for water, and I don’t see your end holding any. There are also a lot of trade offs.
    I guess I just don’t agree. I absolutely do not think we are any safer. I would wager a large portion of the population feels that way, be it from the criminals or the government. I don’t think record gun sales are simply due to hunters and sporting shooters…

Maybe the media and politicians got to you?

If you don't want to dig up the data, here is a pretty good source with lots of references. Scroll down to the homicide rate and crime rate charts. They also have all kinds of interesting data.

https://www.gunfacts.info/research/charts-from-the-book-guns-and-control/

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well…..
    That’s a lot of pretty pies and graphs.
    The only one that sticks out to me shows what I’d expect. Homicide rates all over the world mingled with number of guns owned by the public. As I would predict, the US has more guns and less homicides than countries with low numbers of privately owned guns.
    The other is the US map with counties colored in to represent guns vs crime. The black spot that is Chicago shows how well gun bans work….for criminals.

Attachments

• BEECB2E9-DA95-421D-99CB-1CB573633A00.jpeg
      BEECB2E9-DA95-421D-99CB-1CB573633A00.jpeg
      36.7 KB · Views: 123
    • A46C0A55-8399-4B35-AF5C-EDCB3FF51689.jpeg
      A46C0A55-8399-4B35-AF5C-EDCB3FF51689.jpeg
      68.2 KB · Views: 132

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Well…..
    That’s a lot of pretty pies and graphs.
    The only one that sticks out to me shows what I’d expect. Homicide rates all over the world mingled with number of guns owned by the public. As I would predict, the US has more guns and less homicides than countries with low numbers of privately owned guns.
    The other is the US map with counties colored in to represent guns vs crime. The black spot that is Chicago shows how well gun bans work….for criminals.

If you look at what I pointed to, violent crimes have been on a downward trend for a long time in the US.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I assume that the shooter(s) all had CHPs since according to Louisiana Sheriffs Association, this type of stuff would only happen if Constitutional Carry were passed.

https://www.fox8live.com/2021/08/01/overnight-5-shot-bourbon-street-police-say/

It’s the same old tired tune! The Sheriffs lobby wing said the same thing when they opposed CCP bill in the early 90’s.
    The Times Pick in New Orleans said that we would have Wild West shootouts every day if CCP passes. I have asked their reporters on occasion about the time table on these daily shootouts involving permit holders. They just walk away every time.

Kdjohn1

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    St. Francisville
    Now, I'm all for the 2nd amendment and firearm ownership freedom. Hell, I own 37 firearms and want more and more. But, statistics involving gun laws and violent crime rates are useless when confronted with some facts.
    For example, compare the violent crime rate in Louisiana, where gun control is minimal, relatively, to the violent crime rate in Burlington, Vermont, where gun control laws are even less abundant than Louisiana's.
    Even Chicago, where it's virtually impossible to legally own a handgun, is no comparison to New Orleans, which adheres to Louisiana law.
    Some of the cities with the highest violent crime rates have typical gun control. Usually the common denominator is obvious. New Orleans, St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, Baton Rouge. Figure it out.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Now, I'm all for the 2nd amendment and firearm ownership freedom. Hell, I own 37 firearms and want more and more. But, statistics involving gun laws and violent crime rates are useless when confronted with some facts.
    For example, compare the violent crime rate in Louisiana, where gun control is minimal, relatively, to the violent crime rate in Burlington, Vermont, where gun control laws are even less abundant than Louisiana's.
    Even Chicago, where it's virtually impossible to legally own a handgun, is no comparison to New Orleans, which adheres to Louisiana law.
    Some of the cities with the highest violent crime rates have typical gun control. Usually the common denominator is obvious. New Orleans, St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, Baton Rouge. Figure it out.

You are correct, sir.

Another great example is my old stomping grounds of MA. MA has the highest violent crime rate in the northeast. Greater than PA, NY and NJ! And since you mentioned VT (which borders MA), it is one of the safest in the nation along with NH (which also borders MA) and ME (which effectively borders MA).

Those three northern New England states are all Constitutional Carry states while MA requires a May issue permit to even exercise the right to OWN a firearm or even have a spent shell casing in your possession.

And even with all these gun laws, the gun charges are almost always dropped against the real criminals.

Gun control is about control and not about violent crime or *gun violence* rtc

Top Bottom