Louisiana Constitutional Carry Bills Pass.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    This is a damn shame! They know law-abiding citizens deserve this law. They know other states are adopting this legislation but not poor old backwards ass Louisiana. We just be 2 stupid to have a concealed weapon to proteck ourselves. I know the words are misspelled.

One main reason they are scared of this legislation is because of New Orleans and parts of Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Monroe, Lafayette, and other areas that are like an out of control African village. They are scared it will cause more killing and slaughter as if that's even possible.
    I get it but there is zero statistical evidence to prove this. Criminals carry illegally regardless of the law. This is pols pushing to have more control and power o er the populace. Has nothing to do with safety. At all.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I get it but there is zero statistical evidence to prove this. Criminals carry illegally regardless of the law. This is pols pushing to have more control and power o er the populace. Has nothing to do with safety. At all.

Yep. Which is why, and you can take all take it how ever you wish , I will carry a weapon at all times (especially when I go into the N.O. Metro area). You may not see it, but it will be there. And I'm not asking or paying for permission to be ready to defend myself or my family against those people.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    - - - Updated - - -

That's because they don't compile statistical evidence on this issue. That would be racist if they did. I totally understand that criminals carry illegally. I stand by my post based on an experienced educated hunch. If the correct information is not gathered and disseminated statistics mean nothing. There is plenty that is wrong in this world that statistics don't support.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Let me remind you of the kind of weasels we are dealing with.

I'd be willing to bet, that the worms that changed their vote, NEVER thought this Bill would get this far. They voted for it in the Regular Session to cover their asses with those voters in their districts that were very vocal about passing this. It is easy to climb on board when almost EVERY other Republican is going to vote for a measure. If you don't vote en masse like that on this kind of issue, you are left hanging out by yourself. You can best believe they knew IN ADVANCE of the floor votes that this dumbass democrat would veto it. He has made that clear from day one.

So, at that point, you can almost guarantee there will be no veto session, because of the hoops everyone has to go through. Again, it is a very rare event.

Once the veto session was in play, the weasel in them starts to come out. Now they are stuck between voting with their Republican colleagues and their constituents, and the dumbasses (who absolutely despise the idea of the 2nd Amendment), and want to maintain control and falsely propped up revenue streams.

Throw in some back room deals, money, BJ's, whatever; and you have what we have. Add the oldest gag in the political handbook, saying you are doing whatever you are doing you know is BS, for public safety! And violla!

I can almost excuse any of these scumbag democrats that changed their votes. That's what you expect from them! Remember what Trump said; "democrats stick together regardless of the issue!"

These 2 republicans (Connick & Bernard), on the other hand, are a disgrace!

The process is a dog and pony show! Some of these legislators actually do what they are supposed to do, but when they need to hide the pea, they know how to play the shell game like no other,

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    - - - Updated - - -

That's because they don't compile statistical evidence on this issue. That would be racist if they did. I totally understand that criminals carry illegally. I stand by my post based on an experienced educated hunch. If the correct information is not gathered and disseminated statistics mean nothing. There is plenty that is wrong in this world that statistics don't support.
    True, and I don’t disagree with anything in your post. But the claim that crime will increase if this is passed is a completely baseless one. 20 other states have Constitutional Carry and I am not aware of any increases in crime since it’s passage (understand correlation vs causation).

I can also make the argument that making it easier for your average citizen (one that doesn’t have a criminal record by the way) to carry would deter or prevent crime, as criminals will think twice before approaching a potential victim with the intent to commit a crime.

Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    Yep. Which is why, and you can take all take it how ever you wish , I will carry a weapon at all times (especially when I go into the N.O. Metro area). You may not see it, but it will be there. And I'm not asking or paying for permission to be ready to defend myself or my family against those people.

And so will Thousands of people legal or illegal.They did not accomplish anything by stopping this.I said before in this thread "IN THESE TIMES YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU DON"T CARRY"

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    view the web version of this email
    mail

[h=1]Louisiana: Betrayal at the Capitol[/h]
    mail
    Yesterday, SB 118, Constitutional Carry, was defeated due to several Senators reversing their initial vote of support on the bill. Two of the Senators who flip-flopped were Senators Patrick Connick (SD-8) and Louie Bernard (SD-31). These two actually had the nerve to speak on the Senate floor to try to explain their reason for betraying the Second Amendment. They admitted they did not do their *research* when they voted the first time in support of your right to carry. Apparently, this *research* entailed meeting with rogue, anti-gun sheriffs in their districts and succumbing to their pressure.
    The other two who don't support expanding your self-defense options were Republican Senator Franklin Foil (SD-16) and Democrat Senator Gary Smith (SD-19).
    Our freedom is dependent on preserving our Constitution and we now know these four Senators cannot be trusted. We cannot, and will not, let others pick and choose which parts of the Bill of Rights they would like to follow, and we will continue our fight next legislative session to ensure we keep that freedom.
    Thank you to the bill sponsor, Senator Jay Morris (SD-35), for his hard work, and to those Senators who stood up to the bullying and were resolute in their support of the right to self-defense. Thank you, also, to those members and Second Amendment supporters who called, emailed, and attended the rally. Without you we could not have gotten this far.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    And so will Thousands of people legal or illegal.They did not accomplish anything by stopping this.I said before in this thread "IN THESE TIMES YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU DON"T CARRY"

In the safest times in history? There is less need to carry than there used to be.

Not saying don't carry. Just wondering why the hyperbole?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    In the safest times in history? There is less need to carry than there used to be.

Hillar Moore doesn't agree with you! This just on the recent rise of "juvenile's Committing Murders"
    (Obviously in concert with rises in violent crimes in general). :dunno:

Yesterday on WBRZ:

"We need to make sure we know who is supervising these kids," Moore said. "If you're a parent, who are they hanging with? Do they have a gun? Why would they have a gun, and where did the gun come from?"

According to District Attorney Hillar Moore, the juvenile system is not set up to handle the type of crimes that juveniles are committing these days. It's creating backlogs in the system and a nightmare for the juvenile prosecutors having to handle those cases. When a minor is convicted in juvenile court, their sentence ends at age 21 for extremely violent offenses like murder. But, if they're tried as adults they'd face adult penalties. Making that decision is not easy, the district attorney says.

"The answer is so difficult and complex," Moore said. "Try to look at the history of the kid. Does he have previous actions taken against him. Has he been through the court system. What did he do in this particular occasion? What's the input from the family? What's the input from the victim? What does the community want? But, the bottom line is we will do what is in the best interest of public safety."

Moore said there's a point where there's no more hope. It's why interventions need to happen now.

"When I started this job, I thought when we could get to a child before he reached 12 or 13 years old we could change the child," Moore said. "My years have gone down further and further as I've seen things. Now I'm at a point where I think prenatal. We have to start planning on this child's future, what's going to be set up for the child, school, feeding, all the basic things."

This seems like a demented choice, but I would rather an adult criminal try robbing me than a juvenile criminal! They will both get shot to death (if they don't get the jump on me first), but at least the adult criminal is more likely to commit the crime without the mindless and senseless killing of the victim.

Last edited:

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    I had emailed my Senator, Louie Bernard, about supporting the CC early. Here's the email trail chronologically;

On Feb 28, 2020, at 9:12 AM, Joni <########> wrote:

Hi Senator Bernard!

Just a quick note asking you to support HB-72 when it comes up for vote. HB-72 will give Louisiana citizens Constitutional Carry rights.

Thank you!

From: Bernard, Sen. Louie (District Office) <sen31@legis.la.gov>
    Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 9:14 AM
    To: Joni <#########>
    Subject: Re: HB-72

Thanks, Joni..
    I’m with you!
    Louie

Sent from my iPhone

Wed 7/21/2021 8:54 AM
    To: Bernard, Sen. Louie (District Office) <sen31@legis.la.gov>

Senator Bernard,

I must say that your reversal of support for Constitutional Carry during the Veto Override Session is a bitter disappointment after the assurances you gave, as evidenced in your previous email to me.

I can't help but think of the thousands of Louisiana residents who are struggling to make ends meet, who are ultimately penalized and discriminated against by the current permit system.

It seems these people, such as single mothers working for minimum wages, and, the elderly on fixed incomes, who cannot afford to "pay" in order to benefit from a Constitutionally-given Right, have been deemed by the Governor, and the lawmakers who sided with him, not worthy of self-protection.

I understand that you changed your vote due to testimony offered by officials from Law Enforcement agencies, however as I see it, your job is to represent the average citizens who are not part of a government agency with the "perks" of being legally allowed to go anywhere armed with backup a radio call away. Compared to the total number of Louisiana residents, Law Enforcement officers are a very small segment of the population.

Please don't misunderstand me, I am a proud supporter of the Blue Line, but part of the argument made by the LEO contingent, "..... point out that when they encounter an open carry situation, they at least know that a firearm is present and can take appropriate action to protect themselves and others if necessary ", is a misdirection. How many criminals "open carry"? I would hazard a guess as to ....none. Law enforcement officers are trained at a higher level and more intensely to expect the unexpected, and be able to react appropriately.

Now, with your vote to uphold the veto, low-income residents who can't afford to pay for the class or the state fees but still want to protect themselves and their family from those who intend harm, will continue to be categorized the same as a habitual criminal who, by very definition, chooses repeatedly to break laws to commit evil upon others.

I have known you as the Registrar in Natchitoches, and believed that you were an honest man, a man of your word. I still believe that at your core, you are, but it is a very unpleasant feeling to know that my hopes of sending you to the State level as a Freshman Senator to be a stalwart representative of the people in your district, not special interest groups, have been, if not crushed, badly shaken.

Will I vote for you again? At this point I really don't know. I will have to watch and see what choices are made throughout the rest of your term.

Respectfully submitted,
    Joni XXXXXXXXX

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I had emailed my Senator, Louie Bernard, about supporting the CC early. Here's the email trail chronologically;

On Feb 28, 2020, at 9:12 AM, Joni <########> wrote:

Hi Senator Bernard!

Just a quick note asking you to support HB-72 when it comes up for vote. HB-72 will give Louisiana citizens Constitutional Carry rights.

Thank you!

From: Bernard, Sen. Louie (District Office) <sen31@legis.la.gov>
    Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 9:14 AM
    To: Joni <#########>
    Subject: Re: HB-72

Thanks, Joni..
    I’m with you!
    Louie

Sent from my iPhone

Wed 7/21/2021 8:54 AM
    To: Bernard, Sen. Louie (District Office) <sen31@legis.la.gov>

Senator Bernard,

I must say that your reversal of support for Constitutional Carry during the Veto Override Session is a bitter disappointment after the assurances you gave, as evidenced in your previous email to me.

I can't help but think of the thousands of Louisiana residents who are struggling to make ends meet, who are ultimately penalized and discriminated against by the current permit system.

It seems these people, such as single mothers working for minimum wages, and, the elderly on fixed incomes, who cannot afford to "pay" in order to benefit from a Constitutionally-given Right, have been deemed by the Governor, and the lawmakers who sided with him, not worthy of self-protection.

I understand that you changed your vote due to testimony offered by officials from Law Enforcement agencies, however as I see it, your job is to represent the average citizens who are not part of a government agency with the "perks" of being legally allowed to go anywhere armed with backup a radio call away. Compared to the total number of Louisiana residents, Law Enforcement officers are a very small segment of the population.

Please don't misunderstand me, I am a proud supporter of the Blue Line, but part of the argument made by the LEO contingent, "..... point out that when they encounter an open carry situation, they at least know that a firearm is present and can take appropriate action to protect themselves and others if necessary ", is a misdirection. How many criminals "open carry"? I would hazard a guess as to ....none. Law enforcement officers are trained at a higher level and more intensely to expect the unexpected, and be able to react appropriately.

Now, with your vote to uphold the veto, low-income residents who can't afford to pay for the class or the state fees but still want to protect themselves and their family from those who intend harm, will continue to be categorized the same as a habitual criminal who, by very definition, chooses repeatedly to break laws to commit evil upon others.

I have known you as the Registrar in Natchitoches, and believed that you were an honest man, a man of your word. I still believe that at your core, you are, but it is a very unpleasant feeling to know that my hopes of sending you to the State level as a Freshman Senator to be a stalwart representative of the people in your district, not special interest groups, have been, if not crushed, badly shaken.

Will I vote for you again? At this point I really don't know. I will have to watch and see what choices are made throughout the rest of your term.

Respectfully submitted,
    Joni XXXXXXXXX

Which begs the question; when did this phony have his "revelation?" The Session ended over a month before this veto session! I suppose you folks up there in Nachitoches are expected to believe that he had his "revelation" on Monday evening.

If he wasn't a weasel, he would have called Senator Mills BEFORE the veto session and told him he was not going to vote favorably on his Bill. If he, that other phony Connick and Foil would have told Mills BEFORE their grandstanding performances, then Mills could have withdrew the Bill knowing he didn't have the votes to override.

Sorry; your guy is a scumbag!

Let us know when and who he is up against for re-election. I will try to help get him thrown out with the trash!

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Hillar Moore doesn't agree with you! This just on the recent rise of "juvenile's Committing Murders"
    (Obviously in concert with rises in violent crimes in general). :dunno:

Yesterday on WBRZ:

"We need to make sure we know who is supervising these kids," Moore said. "If you're a parent, who are they hanging with? Do they have a gun? Why would they have a gun, and where did the gun come from?"

According to District Attorney Hillar Moore, the juvenile system is not set up to handle the type of crimes that juveniles are committing these days. It's creating backlogs in the system and a nightmare for the juvenile prosecutors having to handle those cases. When a minor is convicted in juvenile court, their sentence ends at age 21 for extremely violent offenses like murder. But, if they're tried as adults they'd face adult penalties. Making that decision is not easy, the district attorney says.

"The answer is so difficult and complex," Moore said. "Try to look at the history of the kid. Does he have previous actions taken against him. Has he been through the court system. What did he do in this particular occasion? What's the input from the family? What's the input from the victim? What does the community want? But, the bottom line is we will do what is in the best interest of public safety."

Moore said there's a point where there's no more hope. It's why interventions need to happen now.

"When I started this job, I thought when we could get to a child before he reached 12 or 13 years old we could change the child," Moore said. "My years have gone down further and further as I've seen things. Now I'm at a point where I think prenatal. We have to start planning on this child's future, what's going to be set up for the child, school, feeding, all the basic things."

This seems like a demented choice, but I would rather an adult criminal try robbing me than a juvenile criminal! They will both get shot to death (if they don't get the jump on me first), but at least the adult criminal is more likely to commit the crime without the mindless and senseless killing of the victim.

Right now we have a blip in violent crime likely due to the pandemic.... still, overall the trend is down and has been for decades.

Like any politician, Moore is working to get support.

Not saying we shouldn't work to zero.

Just saying that "In these times, your foolish if you don't carry" is a bit dramatic and truthfully not everyone should carry. Heck, probably most don't secure their firearms when not in use.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Right now we have a blip in violent crime likely due to the pandemic.... still, overall the trend is down and has been for decades.

Just saying that "In these times, your foolish if you don't carry" is a bit dramatic and truthfully not everyone should carry. Heck, probably most don't secure their firearms when not in use.

Perhaps!

But large spikes in the percentages of violent crimes are relative to wherever we are in that period of time. If violent crime in Baton Rouge say, was at a decades long low from a decades long high, your starting point is usually the present. So, if BR LE agencies report the x number of increases in armed robberies add to 200% increase since last this or last that, it is still an increase!

Obviously hyper reported nowadays with the 24 hours news and internet, but again; relative to where a person feels they are at the time.

I completely understand what you are stating, but even with that; I feel less safe now than I did, say 5 years ago. And that is regardless of what the FBI statistics might say otherwise over the long term. One last point; 5 years ago, I personally knew only a few people who were victims of some type of crime, today? A whole hell of a lot more!

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA

With all of the rioting and unrest around the country and LE being told to stand down or do nothing and many Cops walking away from the job due to being put in a no-win situation, I would say that the world does appear to be a more dangerous place than it was say 10 years ago.

But to each his/her own. Everyone has their own risk tolerance. I have always been of the mindset of carry where ever legal to do so but also applying the doctrine of better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    In another example of how all that matters to democrats is the; *party.* Transgender sports Bill killed in veto session!

Now, I don’t really care about that issue, but ALL democrats voted against override. Including those democrats that previously voted for it.

If any of you guys think these democrats care about anything but their own power, status, legacies, control, politics, optics, etc.; you are really blind!

They are vermin!

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    In another example of how all that matters to democrats is the; *party.* Transgender sports Bill killed in veto session!

Now, I don’t really care about that issue, but ALL democrats voted against override. Including those democrats that previously voted for it.

If any of you guys think these democrats care about anything but their own power, status, legacies, control, politics, optics, etc.; you are really blind!

They are vermin!

I have already told all of you before that all they are after is the money! When will people actually start listening and hearing?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

I’m thinking that I misread your statement. Are you saying that people are safer now than any other time in our history? That’s what I read, but I’m sure I’m mistaken. Any chance you’d humor me with a clarification?

Top Bottom