Louisiana Constitutional Carry Bills Pass.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I hate to pop ya'll bubble....
    This is just smoke and mirrors
    If the senate passes and sends it the JBE he VETOS it..

They will not over ride his veto They'll just throw up their hands and go back to politicking and say
    "well, we tried"
    "vote me back in and next time we'll try again "
    They had to wait a few years until they got a decent Governor in Utah (I believe). That may be our plight as well. I still consider it a victory to get it to *Taco* Behl’s desk. Put the pressure on him. He wants to get into the Senate?

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I hate to pop ya'll bubble....
    This is just smoke and mirrors
    If the senate passes and sends it the JBE he VETOS it..

They will not over ride his veto They'll just throw up their hands and go back to politicking and say
    "well, we tried"
    "vote me back in and next time we'll try again "

Glass half empty, eh?

For the most part, this state is full of morons and is usually ALWAYS at the bottom of every quality of life list, and at the top every bottom of the barrel list. Yes, that is sad. But, Louisianans are for the most part principled voters (those that actually vote that is), and as such will hold many of these politicians accountable for the misdeeds or inactions they have committed. If David Vitter weren't such a douchebag, he'd have been the 2-term governor. Further, if Eddie Rispone weren't such a weak and unknown candidate, he would have won too. We have a democrat governor in an overwhelming red state, because voters didn't want a hypocrite douchbag or an inexperienced business man, over a career politician; whose actual political resume' was not that shabby!

The fact it got this far and by such large margins is laudable! This is exactly how it is supposed to work. You have supermajorities of republicans in the House & Senate, and they successfully pushed though a Bill that Louisiana's conservative citizens in a conservative leaning state wanted.

Now, don't just sit there and sulk like you lost your best friend. Get on the phones and tell Edwards you want him to sign the Bill into Law. Then let's all push a groundswell of voters to urge him to change his mind or forget the Senate!

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Glass half empty, eh?

For the most part, this state is full of morons and is usually ALWAYS at the bottom of every quality of life list, and at the top every bottom of the barrel list. Yes, that is sad. But, Louisianans are for the most part principled voters (those that actually vote that is), and as such will hold many of these politicians accountable for the misdeeds or inactions they have committed. If David Vitter weren't such a douchebag, he'd have been the 2-term governor. Further, if Eddie Rispone weren't such a weak and unknown candidate, he would have won too. We have a democrat governor in an overwhelming red state, because voters didn't want a hypocrite douchbag or an inexperienced business man, over a career politician; whose actual political resume' was not that shabby!

The fact it got this far and by such large margins is laudable! This is exactly how it is supposed to work. You have supermajorities of republicans in the House & Senate, and they successfully pushed though a Bill that Louisiana's conservative citizens in a conservative leaning state wanted.

Now, don't just sit there and sulk like you lost your best friend. Get on the phones and tell Edwards you want him to sign the Bill into Law. Then let's all push a groundswell of voters to urge him to change his mind or forget the Senate!
    Well said, sir! My sentiments exactly. Edwards is watching this all unfold. He sees the majorities that have moved these bills forward. You don’t get margins like that without a groundswell from the voting base. Lord knows my State Rep and State Senator are tired of hearing from me! My guess is that a crap ton of you all have done the same! And all of this with the LSA coming out against it.

Keep it up! Don’t back down. The other side sure as hell isn’t going to. Make sure that your state Senator pushes this through to Edwards desk and puts the pressure on him! And even if it doesn’t all work out, we just may have to be patient for the next Governor

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Why is the LSA coming out against?
    To be clear, LSA refers to Louisiana Sheriffs Association. They are against it b/c they think that *training* and a govt permission slip should be required, officer safety, blah blah blah. JBE only came out against Constitutional Carry after Sheriff’s Association did.

https://www.fox8live.com/2021/04/30...s-concealed-carry-gun-rights-group-disagrees/

or read this pile of crap...blood pressure warning!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...e9f34664-a841-11eb-b55b-aba92130582d.amp.html

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    SB 118 has cleared the Legislature and is on it's way to Governors Desk!

We are going to have to put a lot of pressure on him, or try to convince the Legislature to convene an override Session.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    I would not be so self defeating. Petition the governor's office with letters, emails, calls use level headed communication, with respect. We may just get the outcome, all Louisianians should enjoy.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Just do me a favor. When I find out what the best way to try to get this either signed by Edwards, or what it may take to convene an override; just do your part! Whatever that may entail. That is, unless you are opposed to this becoming law.

I would rather see someone gloat about it dying, AFTER we tried EVERYTHING we can/could to get this across the finish line!

I will leave you with this Emperor original motivational quote for inspiration:

"A coin can land on heads or tails! But, only if tossed!"

;)

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member