LSP stopped me Friday and ....................

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I was coming home from work Friday in thick traffic on I-12 between Denham and Walker and saw the blue LSP lights behind me. I knew I wasn't speeding, because traffic at that time would not allow it. I quickly and safely pulled to the side of the road and rolled both of my driver side windows because they are tinted way darker than the legal limit. I pulled my ccw permit, license, registration, insurance, and my LSP window tint exemption form out and then put my hands on the steering wheel.

The officer motioned me out and asked me to stand behind the vehicle at which time I told him I had weapons in the vehicle I had picked up at Lipsey's. I was not carrying because I had been at school.

He told me that he pulled me over for my tint and kind of smiled when he opened up the tint exemption. He asked me if I was a firearms dealer or if I just shot for sport. I told him I was indeed a dealer. We talked for a few minutes and he was very polite.

Traffic was still heavy when I went to pull back on the road. It was thick enough that it was difficult to pull into traffic. He turned his lights on and creeped into the lane to block traffic so I could get back on I-12. Then he swiftly pulled over to help someone with a broken down vehicle about 500 yards in front of where he stopped me.

Obviously there is nothing on the outside of the vehicle that says I have a tint exemption. He could have been rude, asked me to unload all the guns from the vehicle, or asked me to do several other things. He was very polite and didn't even ask for my FFL, even though I had a copy and a car full of guns.

It was one of the more pleasant stops I've ever had and would definitely commend him on his professionalism.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I was coming home from work Friday in thick traffic on I-12 between Denham and Walker and saw the blue LSP lights behind me. I knew I wasn't speeding, because traffic at that time would not allow it. I quickly and safely pulled to the side of the road and rolled both of my driver side windows because they are tinted way darker than the legal limit. I pulled my ccw permit, license, registration, insurance, and my LSP window tint exemption form out and then put my hands on the steering wheel.

The officer motioned me out and asked me to stand behind the vehicle at which time I told him I had weapons in the vehicle I had picked up at Lipsey's. I was not carrying because I had been at school.

He told me that he pulled me over for my tint and kind of smiled when he opened up the tint exemption. He asked me if I was a firearms dealer or if I just shot for sport. I told him I was indeed a dealer. We talked for a few minutes and he was very polite.

Traffic was still heavy when I went to pull back on the road. It was thick enough that it was difficult to pull into traffic. He turned his lights on and creeped into the lane to block traffic so I could get back on I-12. Then he swiftly pulled over to help someone with a broken down vehicle about 500 yards in front of where he stopped me.

Obviously there is nothing on the outside of the vehicle that says I have a tint exemption. He could have been rude, asked me to unload all the guns from the vehicle, or asked me to do several other things. He was very polite and didn't even ask for my FFL, even though I had a copy and a car full of guns.

It was one of the more pleasant stops I've ever had and would definitely commend him on his professionalism.

NONE OF HIS BUSINESS!

SUE!!!!!!!!! FREAKING NAZI's

FYI, he should have known you were an FFL since when he runs your plate, it gives him back everything including your DNA..

LOL. ;)

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I was pulled over on 8-26-10 on I-49 by LSP as well.

I did not realized my taillights and my license plate lights were not on, the Officer was also super professional and polite. He also did not make a big deal of the CHP and asked for me to just keep her in the holster for both of our safety, he gave me a Ticket with 5 days to fix due to my driving record and being respectfully as he put it, he just advised me to put the emergency blinkers on to warn other vehicles. It ended up just being the fuse that had burned out and even the Officer at Troop I that took care of the ticket was super professional.

Overall a good experience for me as well.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Both of you are sitting on a potential goldmine of civil rights lawsuits. And a real goldmine, not a fake aliens in the desert mine like some members have.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    You should post this on the OC forum.

They may take up a collection for you to sue. Not sure who you would sue, but that doesn't seem to matter over there.

Thanks for sharing good stuff.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    My intentions are not the ones to sue anybody, I believe the Officer was doing his job and by him making me aware of the problem I was able to get it resolved.

It was a no cost citation since I was whitin the 5 day period.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    My intentions are not the ones to sue anybody, I believe the Officer was doing his job and by him making me aware of the problem I was able to get it resolved.

nowhere in the constitution did the founding fathers say that all vehicles must have tail lights, SUE!!!! SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

It is the job of all LEO to "Protect and Serve" He should have serviced you and your vehicle.

You must sue. These NAZI's will never learn unless we hit them where it hurts..in their pocket book.

He should have been catching a rapist instead of generating revenue for the state. In fact, since you were not free to leave, that amounts to kidnapping and he should rot in jail.

I hope you checked his unit to make sure that hypocrite had proper tags, tint, and none of his lights were burnt, because if they were, that immediately makes what you did OK.

I am sorry for your loss and I am working on an email to go to all media outlets, the Superintendent of LSP and the TROOPERS' mother explaining how as a voter I feel you were wronged and I will be taking business elsewhere.

AMERIKA!!!!!!!!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Must be sarcasm day for LEO's!

I was trying to give them KUDOS for doing their job, and you guys making jokes, you'all should be ashamed very ashamed.

Damm clowns :D, dont forget NOLA to let me know where we can mail you some Louisiana Boudin :p just make sure you share it with your students out there!

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I am fair skinned and have a degree of light sensitivity myself. I assume that is how you got the tint exception. Would you care to elaborate please?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Well, hells bells... I have a freaking sexual harassment law suit then. LOL

Driving on rural back road getting home. Next to nothing on the road. It's no shoulder, pot holes in places, etc. Road rating gives it the speed limit. I see an RPSO in front of me, I glance down. Yup, 42/43. Speed limit is 35. He passes me, I glance back. He brakes, flips his lights. I pull over to the side, get my license, insurance, registration. He's turning around and by the time I finish getting my paperwork, he pulls up in the oncoming lane, rolls his window down.

"You're not who I thought you were."

...pauses for a heartbeat and smiles while I answer "Nooooooooo????"

"But you were speeding."

I answer Yes Sir, 45.

"Have a nice day"

And he takes off!!!

Clearly! He's using his position of authority to pull over women just to say hello.

Strangest stop ever. I also can't say enough for Rapides SO, they're polite, cordial and always very professional.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I am fair skinned and have a degree of light sensitivity myself. I assume that is how you got the tint exception. Would you care to elaborate please?

I have the security exemption because I use my personal vehicle for my business.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.