LSU v Alabama

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Defense just broke down in the last two drives. Add in that **** squib kick and a qb that can't make a play if it doesn't involve a run and this is where we get.

At least it was another nail biter. Even with the loss, it kept me glued, and I'm not a huge football guy.

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    The only thing worse than losing? Listening to these two clowns announce...
    755429ceaaaf73bd8798a448cfcdfbcb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches

Yes! Verne is way past his prime. Not objective in the least like a good commentator should be. Why did we have to get him for this prime time game? He should be confined to the nursing home by 7 pm.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Coach without a plan and a QB without a clue...sounds familiar.

There was a good game plan. How do you think they held them to such a low score in regulation?
    There were key drops for the receivers. That is not the fault of the QB.
    Did you even watch the game?

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Fun game to watch. Unfortunately, LSU's mistakes on the field is really what cost them.

For a whole lot of fun, read the posts on tigerdroppings.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Yes! Verne is way past his prime. Not objective in the least like a good commentator should be. Why did we have to get him for this prime time game? He should be confined to the nursing home by 7 pm.

Maybe him and Lou Holtz can share a room?

RedOne451

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Yes I did. From the coin toss at overTime you see a huge difference between a team with a plan and one that is in chaos. Alabama was prepared for overtime LSU wasn't.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Les Miles should tell Chevas and Cameron to coach the remaining two games while he scours the country for a quarterback.

Game plan for Bama:

Establish the run..........Check
    Contain Cooper............Check
    Contain Sims...............Check
    Get fans involved.........Check

When you can run on a top ranked running defense, and your defense contains the most prolific receiver in the country, you should win. However, when you have a mediocre quarterback; you will always be in a position to NOT WIN!

BTW: Third quarter Time of Possession: LSU 13:20, Alabama 1:40. LSU 24 plays, Alabama 5 :eek4:

And someone should see if the LSU Kicker bet the game. That was almost impossible without actually trying.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I would rather dig holes in July, than have to listen to those two idiots. Gary openly admits that he is an Alabama fan and that's fine, but I watched an SEC game without Alabama and all he talked about was bama.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It's so hard to win with a one dimensional offense. LSU had no passing game, and it bit them hard.

....But the bitter side of me will ALWAYS believe that personal foul call at the 6 yard line was horrendous. You don't call that penalty the entire game when BOTH TEAMS are jawing and shoving each other- yet you throw the flag at the most critical moment in the game???? Come the hell on. If anything, the correct call would have been offsetting penalties.

So to the refs: :madfawk:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    It's so hard to win with a one dimensional offense. LSU had no passing game, and it bit them hard.

....But the bitter side of me will ALWAYS believe that personal foul call at the 6 yard line was horrendous. You don't call that penalty the entire game when BOTH TEAMS are jawing and shoving each other- yet you throw the flag at the most critical moment in the game???? Come the hell on. If anything, the correct call would have been offsetting penalties.

Not too mention the kick that was downed on the one but called a touchback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Agreed. Sure- we can point to the dropped passes, and odd decision to try and pass in OT when it simply was not working. That certainly was a big part of why LSU didn't already have the game in hand. Yet, Yeldon handed them the game on that fumble. And then.....Poof!

But no- there is no doubt in my mind the officiating was absolutely terrible in the last minutes of that game- right when it matter the most. :dunno:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Agreed. Sure- we can point to the dropped passes, and odd decision to try and pass in OT when it simply was not working. That certainly was a big part of why LSU didn't already have the game in hand. Yet, Yeldon handed them the game on that fumble. And then.....Poof!

But no- there is no doubt in my mind the officiating was absolutely terrible in the last minutes of that game- right when it matter the most. :dunno:

I haven't confirmed it myself but I read that two of the refs, including the head referee, are Bama grads

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

While I abhor referees influencing an outcome of a game; truth is, LSU should not have been in a position to have that penalty affect them. They simply didn't possess the basic offensive needed to close out a game.

The 3rd quarter was so dominated by LSU they should have crushed the spirit of Alabama. When you have the ball that much in a quarter and can only score 3 points, you are going to lose!

Here is the time of possession for both of them: Possession Alabama 21:44 LSU 38:16

There is nothing else to say. You are at home, you controlled the clock, you established the run, you contained Sims and Cooper! And you lose?

Top Bottom