Marketplace

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Lately I have been seeing more and more ads for WTS/WTT items with no photos attached to the ads. If I remember correctly in the rules of the marketplace, rule #2 states,

"2) Must have Photo(s) for WTS and WTT threads. The photo does not have to be of your item, but at least a stock photo of the item you are selling. Be aware that you'll have a better chance of selling your item if you use a photo of your item.
    You must post a picture at the time of posting, if you don't have a picture available find one on the internet that will work as an example or wait to post the ad when you do have one. A clickable link to a website containing a pic does not count. THE IMAGE MUST SHOW UP IN THE THREAD."

Have things/rules changed in the marketplace?

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    No, the rules remain the same. We are deleting posts that don’t have pictures as we review them. I have been trying to give people time to fix it after they are notified but too many have just ignored the friendly reminders so DELETE it is.

Please remember to post an image of your item in the marketplace so I don’t have to play bad cop! Thanks!

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    No, the rules remain the same. We are deleting posts that don’t have pictures as we review them. I have been trying to give people time to fix it after they are notified but too many have just ignored the friendly reminders so DELETE it is.

Please remember to post an image of your item in the marketplace so I don’t have to play bad cop! Thanks!

Thank you for your response! I was wondering if things had changed. There is nothing worse than someone that is wanting to sell or trade something but they do not provide pics of it but want to make the possible buyer "work" to obtain pics of the item/s! You dont provide pics, I am not interested!

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    if its not caught by admin, more than likly they are busy as they have a full time job not including there volunteer work here, bottom left of everybodys post theres a little (!) in a triangle, click it and it reports them to admin so they can handle it...

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    if its not caught by admin, more than likly they are busy as they have a full time job not including there volunteer work here, bottom left of everybodys post theres a little (!) in a triangle, click it and it reports them to admin so they can handle it...

I got it and have used that report button before. I have offered up my help to try and keep things in order in the marketplace.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

This. There has been plenty of interest in the hobby has attracted more members. And more ads
    We were giving warnings and a chance to add one or correct whatever was wrong. But so many have ignored the chance, so now it is just a no points warning and removal. Note thst the no point's warning also sends a copy of the adversiment so the seller can copy and paste what they originally posted with the additional info required. Repeat offenders get a infraction. A warning also sends the reason it was taken down as well as a copy of the selling rules of the marketplace
    But we still at times get mail that we are unfair.
    If anyone sees an add that does not comply please use the report button as it sends a moderator an alert.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Lol he only made this post because of me. I have nothing for sale for him anyway, just shows how childish he really is. At least be man enough to say why you made the post you know?

No, you can not follow the rules of the forum. You posted up items for trade with no pics where the forum clearly states that pics are required for wts and wtt items. The failure is on you!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Can't help being a snitch can you?
    So, wrapping up a busy day at work and I'm greeted with a "Reported Post on BayouShooter" email. I normally ignore them and let the mods handle them. But today, as I'm walking to the gym, I decide to open it. And I see that it's a post reported by good ole Mikey about a "personal attack" on him. Naturally, I turn right back around and just HAVE to read this thread. I can't say I'm disappointed...or surprised.

Thanks for the chuckle, guys.

I got it and have used that report button before. I have offered up my help to try and keep things in order in the marketplace.
    Offer accepted. Go. Away. You can help the forum by just staying banned. Please?

Are you serious? Do you seriously think…. Never mind your not even worth the time.
    The irony, it's real.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    no, you can not follow the rules of the forum. You posted up items for trade with no pics where the forum clearly states that pics are required for wts and wtt items. The failure is on you!

he's a witch!! Burn him!!

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    So, wrapping up a busy day at work and I'm greeted with a "Reported Post on BayouShooter" email. I normally ignore them and let the mods handle them. But today, as I'm walking to the gym, I decide to open it. And I see that it's a post reported by good ole Mikey about a "personal attack" on him. Naturally, I turn right back around and just HAVE to read this thread. I can't say I'm disappointed...or surprised.

Thanks for the chuckle, guys.

Offer accepted. Go. Away. You can help the forum by just staying banned. Please?

The irony, it's real.

Yeah, you are a real good administrator helping this forum and being neutral! I put my bygones in the past against you but it seems that you can not step up and be a man and put your bygones agiansnt me or others.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah, you are a real good administrator helping this forum and being neutral!

I've helped the forum the first 16 times that I've banned you. What more can I do? If that doesn't work, I might as well have fun with you like you're having with us, right?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Yeah, you are a real good administrator helping this forum and being neutral! I put my bygones in the past against you but it seems that you can not step up and be a man and put your bygones agiansnt me or others.

hard to be neutral when theres so much negative around you... one can only resist for so long:deadhorse:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    hard to be neutral when theres so much negative around you... one can only resist for so long:deadhorse:
    Besides, I don't remember my job description telling me I have to be neutral. Oh wait, I don't have one. I do this for free as a hobby to help better the Louisiana shooting community and facilitate a cool place for like minded people to hangout.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom