Mike the Tiger has been Euthanized

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Firearmfanatic, you may want to go back and read what you posted. That is exactly what is sounds like you are saying in the part I made bold.
    So what does "I am into men" mean?

:dogkeke:

The part in bold is not what I posted, Austin edited that in. What was in my original post basically stated that I prefer Alabama Crimson Tide and I said "Roll Tide, Roll". I am just not an lsu fan.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ok you need some sensitivity training Mr sexual orientation shaming is a no no. :nono:

At least that's what HR keeps telling me. :mamoru:

Fun fact: I actually re-took that training last week haha! And the ethics training!

The part in bold is not what I posted, Austin edited that in. What was in my original post basically stated that I prefer Alabama Crimson Tide and I said "Roll Tide, Roll". I am just not an lsu fan.

Sowwy if I offended anyone and sorry that you're a Bama fan. At least you have good taste in guns! :]

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    So Austin wasn't incorrect?

No, he was inncorrect in stating that I am "into men". I am not like that and dont want people to think that I am.
    I like Alabama is all. Not really a big fan of any college team to be honest.

OP, sorry for your thread getting derailed.
    Now, lets please get this thread back on topic if we can. :D

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    No, he was inncorrect in stating that I am "into men". I am not like that and dont want people to think that I am.
    I like Alabama is all. Not really a big fan of any college team to be honest.

OP, sorry for your thread getting derailed.
    Now, lets please get this thread back on topic if we can. :D

How do we know this is really you?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Fun fact: I actually re-took that training last week haha! And the ethics training!

There is one heck of a course. Ethics was a required course for me in college. It really tought me to think outside of my own bias and think in terms of who am I responsible to in making decisions and forming opinions.

Sorry for the diversion.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There WILL be another Mike. You can take that to the bank. The same bank where the $4 million dollars for the enclosure came from. The same bank where the bazillion dollar Lazy River swimming park on campus came from.

LSU is the state school; but that place is a money pit! It is poorly managed! Poorly run! And the fiscal priorities there are really upside down. They over pay for everything! Just like the state government!

If they even announce how much the next Mike will cost, I am willing to bet it is more than the going rate for rescued tigers! ;)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I particularly like the ones that drive the purple and gold trucks, have lsu tattoos, etc yet have never stepped foot in an lsu classroom or paid for a child to go there. I watch them every weekend and just shake my head. If miles put Harris in one more time I think they would have been bailing off the top of the stadium

Chauvinist Comment Alert:

None of the Faux fans is more pathetic than the women who also, not only did not attend LSU or have or had a family member attending, but buys all of the LSU crap and LSU swag; pretends they like all of the fanfare; goes to all of the functions and tailgates, but couldn't tell you the difference between a football and a blimp.

Are people that needy?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Chauvinist Comment Alert:

None of the Faux fans is more pathetic than the women who also, not only did not attend LSU or have or had a family member attending, but buys all of the LSU crap and LSU swag; pretends they like all of the fanfare; goes to all of the functions and tailgates, but couldn't tell you the difference between a football and a blimp.

Are people that needy?

Yes

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...None of the Faux fans is more pathetic than the women who also, not only did not attend LSU or have or had a family member attending, but buys all of the LSU crap and LSU swag; pretends they like all of the fanfare; goes to all of the functions and tailgates, but couldn't tell you the difference between a football and a blimp.

Are people that needy?

Obviously, yes, they are. I have friends like that who are just "over the top" with purple & gold; I just nod my head and ignore it. Personally, I went to grad school at LSU, but never succumbed to or even understood "tiger mania."

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    Any Tiger we decide to make into Mike VII will be a tiger from a rescue organization here in the US. We will argueably offer better care than the majority of captive large cats in the country/world. The next Mike, if there is one, will never have a chance to be a wild tiger again (if it ever was).

I don't advocate capturing and domesticating wild animals, the exact opposite actually, but the next Mike will be getting top quality care.

Who pays for all that care?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Who pays for all that care?

Now I have never seen LSU's books but I know the concepts pretty well. I was an auditor that delt with these sorts of entities. I think the tiger and the water park and the stadium are all paid through "private" Funds. Another words no tax money. It's what's known as fund accounting. The money that goes towards the "frills" is funded through sources separate from the State funding. But that doesn't mean they arnt pissing the government money away like drunken sailors on leave. Just on approved expenses and capital outlays.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    RIP Mike

This is one of my favorite photos of Mike.

14717274_1760389170882974_5870526094985737152_n.jpg

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I thought it was pretty funny :P No offense was intended.

As for what he originally posted...well let's just say that he referenced one of the most awful universities in the South...and expressed his support for them. Any good tiger couldn't leave that hanging there!!

That is purely a matter of opinion based on no merit. Bama is actually one of the top schools and has ALWAYS been dominant over LSU in Football but that is a conversation for another day.

Top Bottom