More people need to be like this guy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    so, hearing that he is supporting/harboring an Israeli born muslim would know that Tim would be the type of guy to keep good company and so would not be so critically inquisitive..

Oh yeah we were on official business and had government placards all over our vehicle, I conveniently left that part out to promote my own agenda:rofl:

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    ******* Tim .. Thats a money making idea....

I am gonna write the government today and find out what section of the interstate my tax dollars pay for.. I want a toll booth so bad i cant stand it...

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    One must commit to something, as committing to nothing is still committing to something. Now dont feel impelled to comment as this requires deep thought and rational and logical thinking.

Does the government not own the interstate systems or do you feel the citizens do? I will pay you to go dig up my part of the interstate and video it for you, since I own you are more than welcome to it and I hope you go and get it. Or better yet go put a toll booth on your portion of the roadways.

IMO, I think you should be committed... :mamoru:
    Hawaiians Rebuild Park Without Waiting for Government Aid
    We, the people, are the government .

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    ******* Tim .. Thats a money making idea....

I am gonna write the government today and find out what section of the interstate my tax dollars pay for.. I want a toll booth so bad i cant stand it...

I wonder if hookers get pissed if you pay them with a stack of quarters. Or a car dealership for that matter.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    that is funny when he goes,,,,then how can you answer the question if you cant hear me,hahah

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    So is the general consensus is that cops can search your vehicle with out any cause? If so what does a constitutional protected area even mean?

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    TDH,

So your implying that your grandmother is a threat to national security? LOL!!!

The only thing terroristic about OKC was that the dumbasses blew it up while people were there.. And so for that, McVeigh rightly paid the price (for killing innocent lives).. Although his and his handlers motives may have been in the right place, the timing was atrocious.. Whole nother conspiracy theory on that which deserve another thread..
    They asked him to stop, he did comply.. I can also "understand" why he didnt roll his window down, especially if this was videod after the first beating.. They could clearly see and hear through the glass.. I also understand mil/leo concerns with what you are dealing with at any given moment some tweaker could go stupid on you..
    I'm not advocating for the guy, I am advocating for the motive of the display.. Yes, there are possibly less "controversial" ways to excercise your citizens rights, maybe he was attempting to prove a point at this particular station because there was alot of complaints of illegal procedural searches.. who fukn knows..
    As for cajuntim's example of pasisng through, once again I revert back to what I said earlier about citizen policing each other.. People who know Tim prolly know he's a good upstanding guy and so, hearing that he is supporting/harboring an Israeli born muslim would know that Tim would be the type of guy to keep good company and so would not be so critically inquisitive.. On the other hand, if they were to see the guy around, and not see him with anyone in the community who is upstanding, would then very aggressively inquire his intentions and reasons for being here.. People dont do that anymore for fear of "offending others".. Fuk dat!!!! Its my right to know what,who,where,why some jack is moving into my neighborhood.. People became too selfish and self-absorbed to bother to ask.. And so we train the terrorrists how to fly our planes in our own damn country.. Not some "terrorist training camp" in BFE pakistan..

You can't verify identification through a window. How did they know he was an american citizen. Even if he would have held ID up to the window without seeing it up close there was no way of knowing.

You are in the minority. You might be losing your rights but what are you doing about it other than being a keyboard commando. Have you ever served this country in any capacity and if their were a revolution would you be one of the people who picked their side and fought or tucked their tail and hide in the woods.

It's easy to find fault in LEO when you have never been one, but when you are putting your life on the line everyday for people with the same mentality as you, it's discouraging.

Not to mention they deal with the cartels and border hoppers and etc. on a daily basis.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    So is the general consensus is that cops can search your vehicle with out any cause?

Not w/o your permission. Now the thing is LEO discretion and them stating whether or not they have probable cause; which doesnt take much AFAIK
    Kinda of like frisking someone down walking down the street.

If this guy had pulled into the second area gotten out of his vehicle, locked it and said you are not searching it w/o a warrant, no harm no foul he is within his right. But that is not what he did.

One must approach the government like a game; but one must realize that some might not understand the laws as much as you and you might not understand them as much as you think do.

So it is a tricky game.

Last edited:

mslawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    West Monroe, LA
    I wish they would have planted dope on him and he was found guilty of drug smuggling or better yet he disappeared into the desert.

^^I think this is the sorriest a$%ed comment I have yet to ever read on here.

The guy should have just showed his ID and been on his way, it was just a checkpoint. Yeah he wasted a few taxpayer dollars of payroll, but that cant even compare to how much is wasted by the government itself.

mslawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    West Monroe, LA
    It's easy to find fault in LEO when you have never been one, but when you are putting your life on the line everyday for people with the same mentality as you, it's discouraging.

If it is discouraging then another type of work needs to be sought after.

There are risks in any job and your life is put on the line in many places.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/08/25/dangerous-jobs-fishing-lead-careers-cx_mk_0825danger.html

Careers
    America's Most Dangerous Jobs
    Matt Kirdahy, 08.25.08, 6:00 PM ET

In Pictures: America's Most Dangerous Jobs
    In Pictures: Deadliest Jobs For Men And Women

The good news: Fewer people are dying on the job in the United States.

Last year work-related fatalities dipped 6%, to 5,488 (or 3.7 per 100,000 workers), according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' National Census of Fatal Occupation Injuries report. That's the lowest fatality rate since the government started keeping track of those stats in 1992.

The bad news: Workplace safety experts say the decline in fatalities was due in part to lower employment nationwide, particularly in the construction and manufacturing industries. (Construction-related deaths, still the highest among any profession on an absolute basis, dropped to 1,178 from 1,239.) Improved safety standards have helped stanch the bleeding, too, they say.

In Pictures: America's Most Dangerous Jobs
    In Pictures: Deadliest Jobs For Men And Women
    Badge-wielding types took a serious hit. Of all occupations, protective-service occupations suffered the greatest relative increase in workplace fatalities in 2007, jumping 20% to 314. Nearly one-half of those were police officers; indeed, enough men in blue perished in the line of fire to earn a spot on the list of America's 10 most dangerous jobs.

In 2007, 143 sheriffs and patrol officers died on the job--a rate of 21.4 per 100,000 workers--making police work the 10th most dangerous job in America. "Things have gotten more violent," admits Rich Roberts, public information officer from the International Union of Police Association, a Sarasota, Fla.-based union, "but fortunately we're better protected to a degree."

Topping the most-dangerous list: fishers and their staff. Thirty-eight fishermen--112 out of 100,000--died on the job last year, mainly off the frigid coasts of Alaska and Maine. There's a reason that Discovery show is called "Deadliest Catch."

Larry Simns--co-founder of Commercial Fishermen of America, a San Francisco-based nonprofit representing U.S. commercial fishermen--knows the pain. Last year Simms' friend Captain Philip Ruhle Jr. went down with his 80-foot squid ship in a storm roughly 40 miles off the coast of New Jersey.

"They all know the risks," says Simms. "There's a chance of getting killed, but you don't put a lot of emphasis on that. You're just extra cautious because you know you can't just get off the boat and walk home if something goes wrong."

Next on the list is logging, which yielded 87 deaths per 100,000 employees. In this profession, many workers perform their jobs 100 feet in the air. Other deadly obstacles include high winds, falling branches, hidden roots and power saws.

Rounding out the top five are aircraft pilots and flight engineers (in third, with 67 deaths per 100,000); iron and steel workers (fourth, at 45); and farmers and ranchers (fifth, 38).

Not surprisingly, far more men than women die on the job. Of the 5,488 who died at work, 5,071 were male and 417 were female. For men, the deadliest occupations involve transportation and material-moving (pilots, bus drivers, crane operators and sailors), while administrative-support duties (couriers and stockers) claimed the most working women.

Will the death toll keep shrinking? Some experts think so as more employers enforce and emphasize safety to avoid harsh penalties, lawsuits and productivity losses. "We like to think that it's altruism and in some cases it is," said Frank Kenna III, president of The Marlin Company, a safety-consulting firm in Wallingford, Conn. "But most [employers] do it for economic reasons."

Last edited:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    ^^I think this is the sorriest a$%ed comment I have yet to ever read on here.

Well since they whooped his ass, no need for the drug planting. How else should LEO's deal with dumbass people. I have no problem with trumped up charges to get dumbass people off the street.

You ever worked a checkpoint? You ever stood out there with your mirrors looking for bombs and now you have a line of cars backing up because someone is being a dumbass? So now in an effort to make up time that you loss due to a dumbass something might slip by and now national security has been jeopardized by some ****ing bible thumping POS that felt he was holier than thou.

So getting people off the street by all means necessary for the betterment of society by all means necessary works for me. Sorry you dont see it that way.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    So next time you enter a courthouse refuse to walk through the metal detector and use your rights to bypass the machinery, it is the same thing.

Government owned roadway, government owned building.
    If it was so cut and dry then why didn't they just drag him out of his car the first time? I have seen several videos of this guy doing this same thing with the same checkpoints. He has obviously been caught up in these check points a lot and had gotten tiered of being harassed every day when he is just on his way to work. The point is that unless there is a reasonable suspicion that the man is an illegal they have no reason to delay/detain him. If they saw fit to let him go many times before (which they did becuase he was right) then they should have seen fit to simply allow him to pass... in one video they even admitted on camera that they knew who he was. That is clearly NOT a reasonable suspicion that he is an illegal. If they really had a valid reason to detain him they should have done so. What they ended up doing was getting themselves a nice fat lawsuit for us taxpayers to pay for. All because their tough guy egos got bruised by someone who rightly challenged their authority.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    If it was so cut and dry then why didn't they just drag him out of his car the first time? I have seen several videos of this guy doing this same thing with the same checkpoints. He has obviously been caught up in these check points a lot and had gotten tiered of being harassed every day when he is just on his way to work. The point is that unless there is a reasonable suspicion that the man is an illegal they have no reason to delay/detain him. If they saw fit to let him go many times before (which they did becuase he was right) then they should have seen fit to simply allow him to pass... in one video they even admitted on camera that they knew who he was. That is clearly NOT a reasonable suspicion that he is an illegal. If they really had a valid reason to detain him they should have done so. What they ended up doing was getting themselves a nice fat lawsuit for us taxpayers to pay for. All because their tough guy egos got bruised by someone who rightly challenged their authority.

He didn't take the time to roll down his window and show his ID. Maybe if he would act responsibly and not be a retard he wouldn't have run ins with the law. Trouble doesn't follow you unless you ask for it.

The BP didn't handle it correctly standing their arguing with him. Refusing to roll his window down and pull over as they asked is suspicious though and gave them plenty of reason to question him further.

Not to mention the distraction he is causing is taking their attention away from other people who could be illegal, smuggling drugs, and etc.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA

mslawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    West Monroe, LA
    Well since they whooped his ass, no need for the drug planting. How else should LEO's deal with dumbass people. I have no problem with trumped up charges to get dumbass people off the street.

You ever worked a checkpoint? You ever stood out there with your mirrors looking for bombs and now you have a line of cars backing up because someone is being a dumbass? So now in an effort to make up time that you loss due to a dumbass something might slip by and now national security has been jeopardized by some ****ing bible thumping POS that felt he was holier than thou.

So getting people off the street by all means necessary for the betterment of society by all means necessary works for me. Sorry you dont see it that way.

Nope, never worked a checkpoint, never been a LEO. Thats just dealing with the public in general, I have met people that probably cant even wipe their own butt they were so dumb. But no, I dont see it your way, trumped up charges, planting evidence, nothing but corrupt. Seems to me if you would actually do these types of things, you should be off the street.

If they really had a valid reason to detain him they should have done so. What they ended up doing was getting themselves a nice fat lawsuit for us taxpayers to pay for. All because their tough guy egos got bruised by someone who rightly challenged their authority.

Just about sums it up. No reason to sit and argue, find a reason to detain them or let them go. Like the old phrase, S*&t, or get off the pot!

Last edited:

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nope, never worked a checkpoint, never been a LEO. Thats just dealing with the public in general, I have met people that probably cant even wipe their own butt they were so dumb. But no, I dont see it your way, trumped up charges, planting evidence, nothing but corrupt. Seems to me if you would actually do these types of things, you should be off the street.

ditto

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA

Im not a cop, Im just a science geek in a plant:rofl::rofl::rofl:just did checkpoints in the service at the entrance to military bases both here and overseas. Fortunately, the military doesnt have to be as diplomatic.

If I knew my brother was a rapist and couldnt help the law convict him I would have no problem with planted evidence to get him off the street.

If the end justifies the means I have no problem with it. It is called a preemptive strike.

The US needs to be proactive not reactive.

S

suerto

Cajuntim,
    what part of which hwy you own do you want 90? I-10? or 182? LOL.. jj.. As a matter of fact though, my family does have a toll booth/checkpoint area on our property to prevent undesireables and/or non-paying persons to come down our lane..

TDH,
    No need to go off on your "keyboard commando" rant so readily.. As I stated before "politely and civily" I am not attempting to trash/bash anyone, I'm am attempting to provoke thought.. I also stated and agreed with you that he "could have" gone about it through other "less confrontational" means so as not to cause such a standoff type scenario, but, we dont have the entire history of this particular checkpoint area or the person doing the videotape..
    Getting to my personal efforts to afford me this viewpoint of my country.. What did you mean that "I am in the minority"? As my title states, I am a newbie here.. On this forum.. Not necessarily new to this particular arena (on or off the keyboard).
    No, I did not serve in the military as I was attempting to enlist during the clinton administration and they were very strict on physical condition, my knees were blown from high school football.. So I attended college instead (and I played ball there too, no thanks to Mr. Clinton and my fukd up knees), and served as an active and "informed" citizen.. Although, my lineage has fought in every major conflict on this continent even before the 13 colonies existed.. Thereafter my direct paternals and all eligible males served in WW2, Korea, and Vietnam.. I have cousins and brothers who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, and I supported them and thier families.. After retiring from the oilfield, I do plan on going into law enforcement when I return to live on my family property..
    As I have said nothing to incite this flaming "keyboard commando" rant and question of my honor/character/loyalty/or perserverance for the nation to remain free, I take great offense to your assumptions and accusations..
    You know nothing about me, and I you, and it'd be wise to keep this civil and refrain from personal attacks.. You have no idea how ready I am for TEOTWAWKI, or how far I would go to protect and serve honorable like minded citizens (whether they servd in the military or not is a very poor deciser as to whether they "deserve" to speak or defend or question thier leaderships decisions - civilly)... My children are gifted students, that are trained in martial arts and outdoor survival. My 13 & 14 son and daughter can field strip rifles and pistols, clean them and then laydown EFFECTIVE suppressing fire at 100yds in under 5 mins.. What can your kids do?
    Are you aware of some of the scumbag **** that get (ordered by judges, either jail or military) to serve in our military? Are you aware of the corruption in the supply chain? Are you aware of some of the chickenshits who refuse to fight, get transferred to wharehouses, then recieve the same medals and ribbons as the rest who were on the line? No, service in the military does not decisively merit honor.. Actions do.. Thoughts do.
    Although I wished greatly to serve my country (and contine the tradition in my family) militarily, it was not allowed. Although to serve honorably in the military is great, there are many other means by which you can serve your country (which ultimately means to serve the citizens, not the government)..
    I am ready to back my words with actions my friend, but, to be a great warrior you must be a great thinker.. How are you going to decipher who the enemy is if you dont think? What are you going to do with the country once you free it if you cant write? Philosophy and war go hand in hand. Maybe you should slow down YOUR rhetoric and fully read my posts before personally attacking me, like the "keyboard commando" you accuse me of being..

Top Bottom