Motorcycle gang Vs Range Rover

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    As an aside, the press is labeling it a "motorcycle gang" that attacked him; riders get labelled as it is without conjuring up gang related images.
    Suppose it sells better than saying a disorganized group of two-wheeled idiots.

I was under the impression they are a gang. They have labeled themselves as a group. They partake in illegal activities. They are a gang.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Guy with the SUV had the wrong break over angle and lack of a good set of steel bumpers. He needs to upgrade to something of this nature.

1378370_10151603278456891_51790404_n.jpg

and some Run-Flats!

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    A guy on another forum is "claiming" he was there, and was in the motorcycle crew. Here are a few of his comments:

Lol you guys are something else. I was there and saw everything! He merged into the pack of close to 1000 bikes when he could have just stayed at the intersection. And what you don't see in the vid is him hitting a guy and keep driving.. Then everyone tried slowing him down(start of the vid) so he hits another rider.. Then runs 4 bikes down! You douches say what you want but just like the media you don't know ****!
    im the idiot huh? lmfao they were slowing him down because he hit someone before the vid!!! kept driving like it was nothing. this idiot should NEVER have leaked the vid and thats why you havent seen anymore vids of it...there are vids of the first hit and run and those are being turned over to the cops to get this straitened out.
    i dont talk to cops
    last response from me...this was an annual and organized ride..what you see in the vid is after he already hit someone and kept driving.
    my point is, if im driving with my wife and infant kid and see group of hundreds of bikes..there would be no way in hell id force a merge with the pack..(thats just plain common sense) the blame does go on both sides for the way it unfolded but the start of the whole ordeal was solely on the suv. force yourself in a pack of bikes..hit one and keep driving.. then hit another when they try to get you pulled over (for NOT stopping) and then running down 4 and paralizing one of them! i can careless about how this or that doesnt control the roads..if you have a brain use it..specially with your family in the car.

And here's a link to supposedly more videos from this same group of riders earlier in the day before the land rover ordeal: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    And here's a link to supposedly more videos from this same group of riders earlier in the day before the land rover ordeal: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

I have seen some other videos of the same ride on youtube also.
    It was just as I suspected it would be.

Dirt bikes and 4 wheelers on the highway.
    Weaving in and out of traffic.
    Passing each other and cars in the same lane.
    Riding on the shoulder and sidewalk.
    Running red lights, even in a school zone.
    Blowing through a yield sign so that the car that had the right of way had to stop.
    Etc...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There is a far more important lesson that needs to be articulated here by LE & DA's around the country. Which is; If this man, started throwing lead, and actually started killing these threats; would he have been completely justified in his actions?

I am not interested with hearing phony media pundits and social media pseudo-experts opinions. I want as many major city DA's to go on record stating that had this man had a firearm for self defense, and actually used it lethally, they would not ever prosecute.

And on top of that, I would want them to add that he would/should not be subjected to any civil litigation either (though that is a stretch).

All I hear is crickets thus far?!?!

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    After watching a few more of the videos I wonder how there were no more accidents or bikers killed.

Blowing through EVERY redlight and stop sign.
    Lane splitting GOING AGAINST TRAFFIC!
    Riding on sidewalks, FORCING PEDESTRIANS OUT OF THE WAY.

Total disregard for ANY traffic laws.

Stupid Games, Stupid Prizes.

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    Wow some people seem to think that disobeying traffic laws gives the other drivers free reign to take them out, eh? "They ran red lights and drove like idiots, so since I go to church and have my CCW I am just gonna open fire on em..."

The Range Rover driver should be charged with hit and run and possibly attempted murder. After the first incident the bikers should have called the police on the Range Rover driver but instead they tried to institute a little vigilante justice. The bikers were wrong in how they were riding, and they were wrong to try to take justice in their own hands. That still doesn't make them deserve the death penalty. I know many readers here have expressed their disgust at motorcycles in general, and look for an excuse to turn their "I just want to open my door on the bastards and knock them off that damn thing" into "Kill all the evil sonsabunches!" but in this case the Rover driver was the one who took it too far.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Wow some people seem to think that disobeying traffic laws gives the other drivers free reign to take them out, eh? "They ran red lights and drove like idiots, so since I go to church and have my CCW I am just gonna open fire on em..."

The Range Rover driver should be charged with hit and run and possibly attempted murder. After the first incident the bikers should have called the police on the Range Rover driver but instead they tried to institute a little vigilante justice. The bikers were wrong in how they were riding, and they were wrong to try to take justice in their own hands. That still doesn't make them deserve the death penalty. I know many readers here have expressed their disgust at motorcycles in general, and look for an excuse to turn their "I just want to open my door on the bastards and knock them off that damn thing" into "Kill all the evil sonsabunches!" but in this case the Rover driver was the one who took it too far.

You're right.

They were such good boys.

I can't believe they had such horrible things happen to them.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Wow some people seem to think that disobeying traffic laws gives the other drivers free reign to take them out, eh? "They ran red lights and drove like idiots, so since I go to church and have my CCW I am just gonna open fire on em...".

Did you miss the part about them beating his window in with a helmet, dragging him out of the car, and beating him? I think that is more of where the self defense comments are coming from than them driving like idiots.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    looks like they had what was coming to them honestly. If the events happened as most of the articles have portrayed, then the land rover guy was just defending himself, his young child, and his wife. So self-defense = moral and right. On the other hand, the riders' Aggression = immoral and wrong.

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank

Respectfully, I don't think you are correctly playing Connect the Dots. Dude has his wife and kid in the car and was being threatened by some scary individuals. The reality is he should be given a medal for not taking out at least 30 bikers.

Malachi

Yes, I'm new.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Morgan City
    There is a far more important lesson that needs to be articulated here by LE & DA's around the country. Which is; If this man, started throwing lead, and actually started killing these threats; would he have been completely justified in his actions?

I am not interested with hearing phony media pundits and social media pseudo-experts opinions. I want as many major city DA's to go on record stating that had this man had a firearm for self defense, and actually used it lethally, they would not ever prosecute.

And on top of that, I would want them to add that he would/should not be subjected to any civil litigation either (thought that is a stretch).

THIS!

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    What strikes me is that, assuming the guy in the SUV was on the phone with 911 as this unfolded, and he's a retard if he wasn't, is in all those miles, in all that time, not one police car could intercept this on the freeway? In all that distance, there wasn't 1 police car that could have followed this and been there at the end? And in this city, the mayor says I don't have the right to protect myself as I see fit, I need to leave that to the police?

COME ON!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Respectfully, I don't think you are correctly playing Connect the Dots. Dude has his wife and kid in the car and was being threatened by some scary individuals. The reality is he should be given a medal for not taking out at least 30 bikers.

That's true. The guy was basically facing a "blockade" with the wife & kids. I seriously doubt they just wanted to have a quiet conversation with him, initially. :rolleyes:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

I commented on them driving like idiots and disobeying all traffic laws so I'll respond to this.

See my "Stupid Games, Stupid Prizes" comment.
    If you drive like that and someone accidentally bumps you, then render aid as necessary, call in the accident, and wait for the police.
    Instead the bikers began to attack and intimidate the driver. At that point the driver felt that he and his family were in danger and fled to protect them. What he should have done differently was immediately call 911 while fleeing. The bikers then chased him down, attacked him again, slashed his tires and tried to pull him from his vehicle. Again he fled. The driver did all he could to avoid the confrontation. In his attempt to flee one biker was ran over. When you are attacked you have every right to defend yourself.

Are you saying he should have just gotten out and let them beat him because he accidentally bumped a biker?

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Could have sworn I read somewhere most of the bikers had pulled their plates before heading out... Yeah, I'm sure they weren't up to any stupid crap.. I see people riding like this in Lake Charles and it makes me furious. Almost been hit by a couple of the morons. Shame more of them in the video didn't wind up crushed.

dirty dan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    What strikes me is that, assuming the guy in the SUV was on the phone with 911 as this unfolded, and he's a retard if he wasn't, is in all those miles, in all that time, not one police car could intercept this on the freeway? In all that distance, there wasn't 1 police car that could have followed this and been there at the end? And in this city, the mayor says I don't have the right to protect myself as I see fit, I need to leave that to the police?

COME ON!
    When seconds count, the police are just minutes away. I wish the SUV driver would have killed a few (or all) of the idiots... Maybe thin out thier gene pool. He's a much nicer guy than I am.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

And on top of that, I would want them to add that he would/should not be subjected to any civil litigation either (though that is a stretch).

They would never come out on one side or the other..

Top Bottom