Moving like pond water…..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Well it’s been almost a full month of posting this thread….. Yet the same dang guns for the same dang prices are still for sale!!! This makes absolutely no sense at all…. I respect everyone on this site, but at what point do any of you selling things swallow your pride and either come off your prices or put them up for trade? I don’t like throwing anyone under the bus, but I’m going to use this one as an example. There is someone selling a Century Arms C39V2 for $899…. You can buy the same rifle on Atlantic Firearms for $750 when in stock brand new never owned. You can find them on Gunbroker for $860 brand new. The prices for guns are at a low right now. I offered the guy $700 cash and he declined. His prerogative to decline, but how are you charging over regular price for a firearm that has been in the hands of someone for months if not years when you can pay less for an untouched firearm? Eh, I just don’t get it…. Nothing is moving, if it is it might be one or two per month. I thought we were a pretty tight community, but it seems as everyone is nitpicking about everything. The vehicle market is crashing hard right now. The housing crash is right behind it. Food prices are through the roof. We need to help each other out before these commies stage another shooting and prices for guns skyrocket and nobody will be able to afford anything! Ok I’m done. What say you? Let’s play nice and not insult each other, but let’s discuss this.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    alright this is getting a little ridiculous here. I’ve seen several new guns posted and sold or traded over the past month. They do have a handful of guys that bump the same items daily that don’t seem to move but other than that it seems stuff is coming and going as usual.

This is definitely starting to come off as you just crying about not getting prices or trades you think you should get because you feel they are fair. All of these guys that bump the same stuff daily also move a good bit of stuff too. Just because you offered the guy $700 at 0230 last night doesn’t mean Joe blow won’t pay $900 for it next week. Joe blow isn’t worried about Atlantic firearms having it for this price or gun brokerage having it for that prices he’s looking to go meet up in person when he’s ready and pay cash for what the other guy has. Have you never paid more for something to have it now opposed to waiting a week or so to get it at a better price?

I see people often refer to the gun community. There is no gun community in America theirs a gun culture. Sticking together isn’t putting more money in anyone’s pockets or putting more toys in the safes. Why don’t you be the first and list some killer deals for everyone here?

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    alright this is getting a little ridiculous here. I’ve seen several new guns posted and sold or traded over the past month. They do have a handful of guys that bump the same items daily that don’t seem to move but other than that it seems stuff is coming and going as usual.

This is definitely starting to come off as you just crying about not getting prices or trades you think you should get because you feel they are fair. All of these guys that bump the same stuff daily also move a good bit of stuff too. Just because you offered the guy $700 at 0230 last night doesn’t mean Joe blow won’t pay $900 for it next week. Joe blow isn’t worried about Atlantic firearms having it for this price or gun brokerage having it for that prices he’s looking to go meet up in person when he’s ready and pay cash for what the other guy has. Have you never paid more for something to have it now opposed to waiting a week or so to get it at a better price?

I see people often refer to the gun community. There is no gun community in America theirs a gun culture. Sticking together isn’t putting more money in anyone’s pockets or putting more toys in the safes. Why don’t you be the first and list some killer deals for everyone here?
    I’m not crying about anything genius. I’m just showing facts. I don’t “buy” guns here. If I want to buy a gun I buy brand new. I trade guns on here. I’m not complaining about getting good deals and no I’m not so impatient about getting a gun that I’m going to pay a couple hundred dollars just to get it instantly. I’m a grown man that can order it online or go to the gun store and buy what I want. I’m not here to over charge the people who have same principles as me. If I were to sell a gun on here, I wouldn’t try to get over on anybody! You always have something negative to say about me and you don’t even know me. We are as you say in the same culture, which is the same thing as gun community and I just don’t see why people try to over charge just because they can. When I was in the Army we would call people like you and the others trying to act this way a “Blue Falcon”. I have made plenty of gun deals on this website and taken a slight loss on some items because I can’t honestly tell someone that is trying to find a deal that I’m sorry I have to get full amount what I paid even though I have had it for a while. I’m also trying to give everyone a voice on how they feel the prices on everything is setting at. I think we should all stick together and help each other out. I have had 3 friends leave bayou shooter because it’s the same guns every day and everybody wants absolute top dollar or nothing else. I’m just saying everybody needs to unclench their anus and help each other out. I have everything I possibly could want. I have 5 pellet guns and I don’t need anything else. They shoot just the way I like them. Now if someone had one of those big bore pellet guns we could talk lol. Pull that gerbil out your butt and be nice. No need to get all aggressive on me. You don’t have to puff your chest out. This isn’t a pissing contest. Be happy man!

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Only things I get used are guns no longer made and are new in box or close to it. Other than that i rather pay more for new.
    And ads that have the words Custom AR or Custom Glock are passed over
    Why buy new same reason as not buying a Custom Flock or AR
    Ive learned "custom glock" is code for no longer reliable.

Last edited:

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    I notice the same thing and my .02 on it is

1.) people need money. Everything is more expensive and people are trying to turn stuff they don’t use into cash.

2.) people post used guns for RIDICULOUS prices. I’m not just talking about the guys listing Glocks for $600-$700 because it comes with two extra mags and some night sights but it’s also the guys listing higher end items. Why would I buy your used sig speer for 6k when I can get one brand new for less than 4K. Chinese SKS’s for $500+ or pay $300 for the same gun elsewhere. The only thing I can think with problem 2 is guys don’t check market value before listing things for sale. Nothing like clicking on the classified to see the same stuff being bumped for “the last week” “last bump before gun broker” “more tire kickers but still available” and then it’s just ground hogs day all over again the next day, week, and so on. So when it comes to trading something personally I’m not going to over trade on my end just because I don’t want to spend cash. If it comes down to it I’ll either buy what I want or wait until I’m able too opposed to trading more stuff than I have to just to have it now.
    It’s got a $2,000 contract overrun optic. Use them eyes and read the whole ad

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I’m not crying about anything genius. I’m just showing facts. I don’t “buy” guns here. If I want to buy a gun I buy brand new. I trade guns on here. I’m not complaining about getting good deals and no I’m not so impatient about getting a gun that I’m going to pay a couple hundred dollars just to get it instantly. I’m a grown man that can order it online or go to the gun store and buy what I want. I’m not here to over charge the people who have same principles as me. If I were to sell a gun on here, I wouldn’t try to get over on anybody! You always have something negative to say about me and you don’t even know me. We are as you say in the same culture, which is the same thing as gun community and I just don’t see why people try to over charge just because they can. When I was in the Army we would call people like you and the others trying to act this way a “Blue Falcon”. I have made plenty of gun deals on this website and taken a slight loss on some items because I can’t honestly tell someone that is trying to find a deal that I’m sorry I have to get full amount what I paid even though I have had it for a while. I’m also trying to give everyone a voice on how they feel the prices on everything is setting at. I think we should all stick together and help each other out. I have had 3 friends leave bayou shooter because it’s the same guns every day and everybody wants absolute top dollar or nothing else. I’m just saying everybody needs to unclench their anus and help each other out. I have everything I possibly could want. I have 5 pellet guns and I don’t need anything else. They shoot just the way I like them. Now if someone had one of those big bore pellet guns we could talk lol. Pull that gerbil out your butt and be nice. No need to get all aggressive on me. You don’t have to puff your chest out. This isn’t a pissing contest. Be happy man!
    I’m not sure why you’re getting emotional and saying I say mean things about you. I’m just stating what’s obvious. If someone paid xxx for something several months ago and that’s the price they want to sell it why is that so hard to understand? I’m sure you’ve bought something from a big box store like academy or bass pro shop before right? It’s the same concept. You could easily put your big boy pants on and order it online for cheaper or pay more and take it home the same day.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I’m not sure why you’re getting emotional and saying I say mean things about you. I’m just stating what’s obvious. If someone paid xxx for something several months ago and that’s the price they want to sell it why is that so hard to understand? I’m sure you’ve bought something from a big box store like academy or bass pro shop before right? It’s the same concept. You could easily put your big boy pants on and order it online for cheaper or pay more and take it home the same day.
    I love interacting with you lol. Nobody else likes to throw friendly punches lol. When I first started really getting into guns I bought a couple guns from academy until things got jumping on the internet. That’s back when Armslist was a wonderful site.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Maybe people just don't want to trade because they want to turn their used guns into cash to buy new things with?

I don't think I've really "traded" anything as an adult besides services....usually for beer.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thought I had me some ammo, but the price went up…
    On the bright side, I have taken advantage of several great online deals for firearms lately, got a real clean police trade in Glock 22 for cheap too! If this place turns into Gun Broker, we still have plenty of good deals available.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    This site was a community once upon a time. We traded guns and bought/ sold guns but we became friends. We also got together in person occasionally- group dinners, training, the occasional lunch, range trips, gun shows, and especially buffer zone trips. Some of the online conversations were truly epic (the couch, the fence, the airplane on a treadmill...). Instead of the homepage on my PC it's a classified ad that I go to every week or two... such a shame.

Top Bottom