My new Stag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I feel fairly confident that my next AR will be from the cmmg bargain bin. I've read too many reviews of people receiving brand new perfect condition rifles and for $570 you can't beat that.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Talked to Paul at Stag first thing this morning. He was great. They are paying for shipping and insurance both ways, and the best part about it: He says turn around time on "something simple" like this is usually 1-3 days before its on its way home to me! Awesome! Hopefully that means it won't take more than 10-14 days total...
    I also want to take the time to compliment Paul. He was very willing to help, and a credit to the company and customer service reps everywhere. If only all companies Reps were so helpful.
    They have definitely done quite a bit to restore my faith...

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Got it in the mail today. So if Pauls estimates are right, being conservative in my estimates, it should be back by 3/3/08 or maybe sooner. :D Not too bad really...

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    LC : So have you changed out extractors or replaced the buffer or anything like that?
    Also, I'm not really interested in a free float rail, but I do want to put a UFIR on the handguard. Got any experience with attaching one?

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I was thinking of replacing the extractor spring/buffer, just as a matter of course, since I am at about 5K. I have not had to replace any worn parts, yet.

No, all I have ever had is a quad-rail.

chevydriver350

Young Padawong
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    kenner
    That's okay, I'm sure they'll make it right. It's just gonna take sendin it back. :( Luckily, I'm not too upset by things like this as long as they are made right. If they get it fixed in a timely manner, I'll still probably consider them for the next AR (which I will be gettin b4 Nov.)...
    i like my stag but like you i want another (lol) and iv done my reserch and panther arms has a m16 style for 725!!!!!!!!!! thats with a 22 inch barrel and sight's with a carry handle. in a week or 2 that should be my next purchase.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You could tell from the pics that it was exactly 1/16" off? You're smarter than me, brother.
    I set up two drafting triangles against the FSB. By establishing two 90 degree angles, this let me see where dead center should be. It was easy to see which triangle the post leaned toward. From there, I was able to measure how far over (using an architects scale) the center post was from where it should be. Easy really...
    BTW I wasn't being exact, it was somewhere around 1/16 of an inch

Last edited:

Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"
    Yeah, I was considerin them too. Right now, for the next one I am considering LMT, RRA, CMMG, or Stag (assuming the handle this "issue" respectably, and I'm sure they will)...

I believe I am going with an LMT next. You can buy a complete lower, upper, and BCG, push in the pins and have a bad ass rifle for about $985. I love my Rock River but for a little more than I paid for that I could have had a better rifle.

EDIT: Either that or a Colt LE6920.:D

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    EDIT: Either that or a Colt LE6920.:D[/QUOTE]

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

:rockon:

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Maybe I am just weird, but I refuse to own any weapon or magazine labeled for LEO use. If a company is so against civilian ownership that they feel the need to label the product for LE/.mil use only, then sorry, they are not going to get my money. That is why I will never consider a Colt AR...

Top Bottom