Need a new truck

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ry_kj_an

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Just got a 13 f150 xlt with ecoboost and 4x4 off road package. Have had ford f150s for the last 15 years. The 13 with the ecoboost is by far my favorite. Less than $35k before tt&l with x plan pricing.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    What is x plan pricing?
    The New Vehicle Purchase Program (X-Plan) also known as the Partner Recognition Program, is offered by Ford Motor Company to the employees, retirees, spouses and other household members (driver’s license required for proof of residency) of selected Tier 1 suppliers, business partners, fleet partners and special organizations having a unique relationship with the Ford Motor Company. Participation in the program is contingent on the Partner Company's continued relationship with Ford Motor Company and will stay in effect until terminated by either party upon a thirty (30) days prior written notice provided to the other party. Ford Motor Company may terminate this program upon thirty (30) days notice at its respective sole discretion.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Ford and Chevy's cost more than the Dodges for a reason......THEY ARE BETTER BUILT TRUCKS!!
    I am a Chevy man....or at least I was until GOVERNMENT MOTORS bought out General Motors.....I have a 2002 Chevy Z71 and she has been nothing but EXCELLENT, only changed brakes twice, shocks once and a battery in over 11 years, she now has 190K miles on the clock.....still a daily work truck!

In Dec 2010 I purchased the Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 and so far she has been everything I expect in a truck but even a better ride yeah only 15K miles on her clock but she is SWEET!!!! I drove the Dodges and inspected them, I have friends and relatives that has a few Dodges and for me.....they are just CHEAP!!
    Something as simple as the "CHROME" 20 inch wheels you pay EXTRA far are no more than a plastic hub cap.....don't believe me.....go tap on yours and check it out! The interior is cheap....the exterior is cheap.....the truck is cheap and therefore less expensive.....yeah it looks good for about 20K miles then starts coming apart at the seams! INSIDE and OUT!!

KT

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was a Chevy man until 2009 when I bought a Dodge Ram 1500 sport. Best truck I have ever owned, hemi power with great MPG. My brother in law bought a loaded out GMC that he paid almost twice as much for one month before me, and it is a piece of crap that has had numerous issues. That can't even get his multiple displacement system to kick in, he gets, at best 13 MPG, all the time.

Dodge interiors are superior also IMO

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    My 07 Chevrolet I traded in had a 5.3 and would get 20 mpg +on the highway with the cruise at 78 mpg. I wish my new f150 got that, but it ain't nowhere close.

KT, the f150 20" chrome appearance package wheels are plastic too.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Man I have been a GM man. But the price is just overwhelming. I guess they have to repay the Government fast so they sell cheap trucks high as giraffe p****. I have an 09 and my girlfriends dad drives a 2013. They seem so much cheaper interior wise than the ford or dodge. The dodge was names best in its class this year. If you haven't went to the lot and sat down or examined the 2012+ dodges you can't knock them. They are nice. The ride is awesome with the new coil design and leaving the leaf spring setup. They get great milage and have more power than both the Chevy and the ford. Also Idk what you are referring to with the wheels but the ones on the two trucks I am looking at are brushed aluminum and alloy.
    I will do a more extensive test drive in one this week but I have been won over so far. Loaded out truck for $4000 less than an average GM.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    My 07 Chevrolet I traded in had a 5.3 and would get 20 mpg +on the highway with the cruise at 78 mpg. I wish my new f150 got that, but it ain't nowhere close.

KT, the f150 20" chrome appearance package wheels are plastic too.

My 09 crew cab Z71 4x4 I am in now daily attains 21mpg in the highway as long as I stay at or below 65mph. I drop off pretty good after that.

Snoman

Passive Aggressive
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Opelousas
    I had a 2009 Ram 1500 4x4 and had no problems with it. I currently have a 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 and the only persistent problem has been the HVAC blender doors, which had a recall. There are apparently 4 blender doors, and I've had to change all four over time. Also had a door window actuator go out. Ram has a recall on some of the 1500's dealing with the rear axle pinion nut. They are installing a retainer to prevent loosening. The recall is through the 2012 models. I also had a 2010 F150. The Ram rides better in my opinion, really like the rear coil and shock suspension for comfort. FYI, I got $12k off when I bought mine (sticker was $47,500), but I have a great relationship with my local dealership. If you want a referral let me know.

If anyone has some experience with the 2009+ ram 1500 chime in. Looks like what I will be going with. Just can't leap forward into a ford... Would take a good deal but they are higher than the rams with less rebates.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks snowman. I have decided it will be a express 4x4 quad can or big horn 4x4 quad cab. I like the crew can with the under feet storage but it is a big jump in price and the quad cab is fine by me. About to go clean and detail my truck and bring it in for a trade in appraisal.

Snoman

Passive Aggressive
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Opelousas
    No problem. May be able to get a great deal if you can find remaining 2012 inventory. Just checked my local dealer and they have 2 remaining 2012 4x4 Quad Cab Express packages left.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks man. I just found out that my salesman can get whatever truck they have. I may not have to drive to Opelousas. I didn't tell him they had a truck I wanted though.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Well haven't some numbers the 4x4 was nice but more than I want to spend so back to a 2wd for me. It has Coe out to $27,663 with a sticker of $34,780

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Well here it is guys. Finished everything up today. Took about 4 hours for it all and got some good incentives.
    7ujeduhe.jpg

vytyzaqe.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom