Need some ideas for grandson.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Update ,My grand son started back to high school this past week .He is in th MCJROTC @ Franklinton high. For now he seems happy with the situation .He got his camos yesterday and came in strutting with a short hair cut. If We can keep him interested it might be the best thing for him.
    We also checked the Nat.Guard program . He won't be 16 until next month . We are giving this a try with very much support hoping it will work. The next N.G. program starts in Oct. at Pineville. Keeping all options open. He is an adaptable child just needs constant supervision. Alway says yes sir and no sir . Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks
    OOPs missed this one! GREAT NEWS!

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    My nephew was at this point a couple of years ago(quitting school). He is intelligent but wasn't doing well in school. His mother started him in a home schooling program. He excelled in that. He would finish his school work in about 3-4 hrs each day. His grades were fantastic. He had to go to Florida once or twice for testing and when graduated, he was eligible to receive his diploma at the regular high school graduation. His ACT scores were Ok but not fantastic. The important thing is he took the ACT and got his butt into college. he's currently studying computer technology and has a goal. He's found something he's uinterested in and is excelling at it. Maybe homeschooling is something for your grandson. You don't have to be there pacing with a yardstick or teach him yourself. The program my sister-in-law used was self guiding and had professionals available via telephone or internet. Most testing was done online too. It worked so well for him, they put his younger sister into the homeschooling program too. She graduated a year early and is enrolling at the community college this semester, a year early. It was a good turn around for both of them, especially the nephew who was beginning to get into trouble and at a similar crossroad where your grandson is. I hope you find something that works. I know several people from childhood in similar situations who are either struggling through life now, in prison, on drugs, etc. A few, who saw what was happening took control and got on the right path. It's definitely the easier path in the long run. Wish you all the best.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Update ,My grand son started back to high school this past week .He is in th MCJROTC @ Franklinton high. For now he seems happy with the situation .He got his camos yesterday and came in strutting with a short hair cut. If We can keep him interested it might be the best thing for him.
    We also checked the Nat.Guard program . He won't be 16 until next month . We are giving this a try with very much support hoping it will work. The next N.G. program starts in Oct. at Pineville. Keeping all options open. He is an adaptable child just needs constant supervision. Alway says yes sir and no sir . Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks

Great News! Keep us posted please.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom