NEW BAYOUSHOOTER SNOW FLAKES, melting fast lol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Just gave me flash backs to when I was selling my beater truck that needed a transmission swamp among other things...
    "only have 500$ to my name.... can you take 400. I don't have a vehicle for work. I'm the family provider"
    Sir this truck will take at least another 2g to be in serviceable condition even if you decided to run without plates.
    I don't need plates, I have the right to travel.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    But many times they do commit, they simply change their mind or were just playing some sort of silly game. Perhaps they are indeed just trolling. Some people's word means absolutely nothing today.
    Negative feedback should be left in these cases. If people keep it up they get to join the ban-train.

I'm not a fan of people who agree to a sale (which, when in writing could be considered a legally binding contract) and then back out. Enforcing it is difficult.

If someone trolls and makes people drive without meeting, without a good reason, they get the ban.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    A man’s word is not his word and handshake deals are rare today. Many watching pawn shops on tv and American pickers and want to flip a $500 gun. Nothing wrong with negotiating but low balling flippers have ruined buying selling.
    Nature of the beast.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't like buying used guns (or really anything). I'd rather pay 30%+ extra to get something new than to get it used.

If someone thinks that their used firearm is worth only 10% less than what they got it for, I don't see how they can expect to get a deal.

I've also seen people try to make the case that they paid MSRP + sales tax, and thus MSRP is a reasonable price for a firearm with "only one mag through it." Maybe to someone, but definitely not to me.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I really only like dealing with people with good feedback record or been here longer than me.

If you have poor feedback or canceled meet ups, I’ll deal with you but you will have to meet by me for asking price

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Nature of the beast.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't like buying used guns (or really anything). I'd rather pay 30%+ extra to get something new than to get it used.

If someone thinks that their used firearm is worth only 10% less than what they got it for, I don't see how they can expect to get a deal.

I've also seen people try to make the case that they paid MSRP + sales tax, and thus MSRP is a reasonable price for a firearm with "only one mag through it." Maybe to someone, but definitely not to me.
    Wait.... You saying I won't be able to sell my special forces sniper grey vp9 that I'm pretty sure was touched by a German for the price I'm asking?

I'll keep bumping it.. You watch and see.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Nature of the beast.

You know it's gotten out of hand when the free people of the greatest republic ever founded have to factor in the paid sales tax when making a private transaction.
    Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but if the item is basically new, there is a case to be made on the savings of not having to pay the $50-$100+ in sales tax.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You know it's gotten out of hand when the free people of the greatest republic ever founded have to factor in the paid sales tax when making a private transaction.
    Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but if the item is basically new, there is a case to be made on the savings of not having to pay the $50-$100+ in sales tax.
    Certainly is a case as everyone is in a different position in life. My point is if I'm presented with an option to buy a $1000 rifle new for $1100 with sales tax or from someone on the street for "1000", I'm going to spend the extra $100 every single time to get the guaranteed new rifle.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Certainly is a case as everyone is in a different position in life. My point is if I'm presented with an option to buy a $1000 rifle new for $1100 with sales tax or from someone on the street for "1000", I'm going to spend the extra $100 every single time to get the guaranteed new rifle.
    Heck yeah, People sale stuff for all different reasons and some are not in your favor.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    If I can get the same rifle with a few rounds in the bore, for a few hundred less or few hundred more, guess what, the barrel is an expendable just like the the bullet, powder or primer. They have to be replaced after some use.
    The receiver/action is the constant. Pay for it and move on.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Nature of the beast.

The same people will jump 3 lanes of traffic and drive 10 miles down the road to save $.02 per gallon of gas…or think they saving money shopping at dollar tree or dollar store.. lol

. When buying a like new gun that’s used and get a little discount and exspecially save tax and shipping..

diff strokes for diff folks I guess….

Btw I still got the g19 :dogkeke: If your interested lol

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    The same people will jump 3 lanes of traffic and drive 10 miles down the road to save $.02 per gallon of gas…. When buying a like new gun that’s used and get a little discount and exspecially save tax and shipping.. diff strokes for diff folks I guess….

Btw I still got the g19 :dogkeke: If your interested lol
    Fair point.
    I grew up poor, not dirt poor, but we never frowned at buying used sh!t either. When you grow up without money, you learn to make do, and if that means buying used things, so be it. If what I'm buying is worth the $ I'm giving, what does it matter? As long as I know what I'm looking at, and I'm not dealing with shady people, the chances of getting shafted is pretty slim, and everyone wins; I get a deal on something I otherwise may not afford and the seller gets the $ they were looking for.
    I make $30/hr now, pay no rent or mortgage, no car notes, and I still buy used sh!t all the time because between this economy, and the **** load of tax money I give away, I'm still poor.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Maybe I'm not the norm, but I would offer the 1k guy 900 or 850 for the rifle. See what he says. Get a feel for how used it is, etc.

It may be 1k new, but after tax it is 1100. So if I can get a lightly used working gun for around 20 percent off new, I'm going for it.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Maybe I'm not the norm, but I would offer the 1k guy 900 or 850 for the rifle. See what he says. Get a feel for how used it is, etc.

It may be 1k new, but after tax it is 1100. So if I can get a lightly used working gun for around 20 percent off new, I'm going for it.
    Will you take $803?
    If so can you can meet me at St Charles and Napoleon Tuesday morning for 9am?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Will you take $803?
    If so can you can meet me at St Charles and Napoleon Tuesday morning for 9am?

That's actually not a bad location and it's a good time. There will already be cops in the area. I used to date a girl who lived in the apartments behind what used to be Copeland's. Now if you had said MLK an Galvez at 9pm, that would be another story.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    That's actually not a bad location and it's a good time. There will already be cops in the area. I used to date a girl who lived in the apartments behind what used to be Copeland's. Now if you had said MLK an Galvez at 9pm, that would be another story.
    I'll even throw in a Zulu coconut and Rex beads!

Top Bottom