NEW BAYOUSHOOTER SNOW FLAKES, melting fast lol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • folivier

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I'm wondering how a warranty will work if you buy used?
    That's the main reason I usually buy new.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My general rule of thumb is, if the seal on the box is open, the gun is used. Even when someone swears it’s never been fired and wants the new price less taxes, I can generally find it cheaper or the same price new. I understand that there may be a few folks out there who would prefer to buy from a private owner and skip the background check, but that’s not a selling point for me. Only incentive to buying a used gun is the lower price or if there are no more on the shelf and no hope of finding one new.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Maybe I'm not the norm, but I would offer the 1k guy 900 or 850 for the rifle. See what he says. Get a feel for how used it is, etc.

It may be 1k new, but after tax it is 1100. So if I can get a lightly used working gun for around 20 percent off new, I'm going for it.
    I'd probably offer $650 or $700 on the $1000 rifle and see where it lands. If I really wanted the rifle, I probably wouldn't go higher than $800, but would aim to land closer to $750 (25% off retail%).

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm wondering how a warranty will work if you buy used?
    That's the main reason I usually buy new.
    Many warranties are transferrable, but I'm with you - I've only bought one used firearm ever.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    My general rule of thumb is, if the seal on the box is open, the gun is used.
    The last two new handguns I picked up @ Apocalypse Sports on a 4473 DID NOT have any sort a seal on the box. A Taurus and a S&W. I don't recall ever seeing a seal on a new handgun box, least that I can remember.

That it so goofy, they don't trust the SN on the outside of the box. They always read it off the firearm (open the box). I'm sure the suppliers who ship it do the same.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Quite a few manufacturer's warranty is to the original purchaser only. Non-transferable. Taurus is this way, and they are not the only one. You have to verify each one/read their warranty.

edit: Just checked, Ruger and Smith and Wesson firearms warranty are non-transferable. Neither is Springfield Arms. Glock is, will repair anyone's issues.

Colt and Stacatto warranty non transferable too.

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    My general rule of thumb is, if the seal on the box is open, the gun is used. Even when someone swears it’s never been fired and wants the new price less taxes, I can generally find it cheaper or the same price new. I understand that there may be a few folks out there who would prefer to buy from a private owner and skip the background check, but that’s not a selling point for me. Only incentive to buying a used gun is the lower price or if there are no more on the shelf and no hope of finding one new.
    There is no such thing as a sealed gun box purchase from a FFL. To say that is absurd.

I dont know a single FFL that would assume the sticker on the outside of the box is correct to the firearm inside. We all check the actual firearm.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    The last two new handguns I picked up @ Apocalypse Sports on a 4473 DID NOT have any sort a seal on the box. A Taurus and a S&W. I don't recall ever seeing a seal on a new handgun box, least that I can remember.

That it so goofy, they don't trust the SN on the outside of the box. They always read it off the firearm (open the box). I'm sure the suppliers who ship it do the same.
    I can only recall Glock having a paper sticker that covers the upper and lower half of the box and has to be cut.

Are you saying its goofy they open the box and check the gun and dont trust the sticker ? I couldnt read how you were saying it.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I can only recall Glock having a paper sticker that covers the upper and lower half of the box and has to be cut.

Are you saying its goofy they open the box and check the gun and dont trust the sticker ? I couldnt read how you were saying it.
    I'm saying its goofy about a sealed box. They always read SN off the firearm, as I stated above. Sometimes I wonder about ole Mag.

jpso211

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 21, 2018
    Hammond, LA. area
    I tell you what idk if yall have been having a time with all these newer members but i have been contacted by at least 7 of them with either of the following

hey is this still for sell? then radio silence

hey you still got it, i want it lets meet tomm, then radio silence

hey ill take it can you meet in (XXXX), sure, lets meet tomm... radio silence...

hey ill be in town tomm lets meet, ok lets work on it, radio silence

nothing but SNOW FLAKES.....

oh well i feel better now :dogkeke:
    I was on LA Sportsman for about 10yrs. User name there was LANavyNamVet;;; Now I'm here because here you can kind of spot them out much easier.
    I hate 'em personally. Plus they can be dangerous...
    It's a shame because I made allot of good friends over there... Now most have moved to here thankfully!
    I'm 76 former military and police Live on North Shore, Hammond area... I feel very comfortable here, and looking forward to making lots of new friends and enjoying my hobby with good people once again...
    I also appreciate the professionalism of the folks that put this site together... It makes it allot easier to see who is who...
    Great to be here with you all. And if I can ever be of help to anyone please don't hesitate to contact me..
    Stay safe,
    Vince
    JPSO211

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I was on LA Sportsman for about 10yrs. User name there was LANavyNamVet;;; Now I'm here because here you can kind of spot them out much easier.
    I hate 'em personally. Plus they can be dangerous...
    It's a shame because I made allot of good friends over there... Now most have moved to here thankfully!
    I'm 76 former military and police Live on North Shore, Hammond area... I feel very comfortable here, and looking forward to making lots of new friends and enjoying my hobby with good people once again...
    I also appreciate the professionalism of the folks that put this site together... It makes it allot easier to see who is who...
    Great to be here with you all. And if I can ever be of help to anyone please don't hesitate to contact me..
    Stay safe,
    Vince
    JPSO211A

Ahh I recognize that handle, welcome brother!!!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I actually just met up with a brand new member yesterday for a deal. When he first messaged me I saw he just signed up in Dec/23 and only had a handful of post. To be honest I was very hesitant to even start talking to him but he communicated well and typed out clear legible English when messaging me so I figured since he’s only one town over I’ll give it a shot. I tried leaving him feedback but I don’t think it worked. Figured I’d give him a mention here since he seems to be a good quality member and not a snow flake lol.

@jjas12475 good communication and showed up 10 minutes earlier than I told him I’d arrive. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy or sell from this member again. He’s into older guns so if you have any older guns he may just be interested.

Top Bottom