NEW BAYOUSHOOTER SNOW FLAKES, melting fast lol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    all these snow flakes are a prime example of whats wrong with this country now, sadly they are of voting age and dont contribute to society, nor understand basic common courtesy or what it means to give a mans word...

Hang on fellas this is the new world order and only the tip of the ice burg of how trashy, lazy, disrespectful and distrustful some of them will be...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I'm saying its goofy about a sealed box. They always read SN off the firearm, as I stated above. Sometimes I wonder about ole Mag.
    I got to spell everything out for you…
    Anyone privately selling a boxed gun is a used gun as far as I’m concerned, unless the box hasn’t been opened. I’ll leave it at that.
    Lots of people explain in the ad, “NIB” or NEW IN BOX” and you pull the gun out and see how clean it is then open the slide or bolt and see a nice layer of brass on the bolt face….”but it’s never been fired”.
    And no, testing at the factory won’t leave that much evidence, thank you very much.

Even if someone does have a gun that they bought new and never took it out of the box, I’m not paying new retail unless I can’t find one anywhere else and just have to have it, which has yet to happen.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    My general rule of thumb is, if the seal on the box is open, the gun is used.
    Here is a refresher of what you stated, in case you forgot already. I have never seen a new handgun "in the box" sealed. Kurt mentioned a paper tag on some Glock pistols as delivered to an FFL.

I cannot recall any new pistol I purchased having a sealed box. Ditto the last new rifle I purchased. A Tikka 22 bolt action.
    So you can try to blame this on me, or walk it back, but your previous statement is false.
    Other members commented here on no "box seal" too.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Anyone privately selling a boxed gun is a used gun as far as I’m concerned, unless the box hasn’t been opened. I’ll leave it at that.
    Lots of people explain in the ad, “NIB” or NEW IN BOX” and you pull the gun out and see how clean it is then open the slide or bolt and see a nice layer of brass on the bolt face….”but it’s never been fired”.
    And no, testing at the factory won’t leave that much evidence, thank you very much.

Even if someone does have a gun that they bought new and never took it out of the box, I’m not paying new retail unless I can’t find one anywhere else and just have to have it, which has yet to happen.
    You’re arguing with a disgruntled old man. This is the same guy that was mind blow a couple days ago that store policy isn’t state law and went back and forth with several members and mods before getting put in his place. What does John do? Say a couple mean things to folks that make him feel better and then avoid that thread like the plague. Typical John behavior we’ve all come to tolerate and get a chuckle at his expense from time to time.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You’re arguing with a disgruntled old man. This is the same guy that was mind blow a couple days ago that store policy isn’t state law and went back and forth with several members and mods before getting put in his place. What does John do? Say a couple mean things to folks that make him feel better and then avoid that thread like the plague. Typical John behavior we’ve all come to tolerate and get a chuckle at his expense from time to time.
    Re-read this thread. Nobody here confirmed what Mag stated about a sealed box for a new firearm. Not a single soul. Educate yourself. Now you are jumping in here because you're still butt hurt from the other thread. Just let it go, get over it, lol.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My general rule of thumb is, if the seal on the box is open, the gun is used.
    Here is a refresher of what you stated, in case you forgot already. I have never seen a new handgun "in the box" sealed. Kurt mentioned a paper tag on some Glock pistols as delivered to an FFL.

I cannot recall any new pistol I purchased having a sealed box. Ditto the last new rifle I purchased. A Tikka 22 bolt action.
    So you can try to blame this on me, or walk it back, but your previous statement is false.

I could be mistaken but I believe you're actually making his point. As a general rule, he will not pay retail prices for a weapon unless it comes from a retail store because a weapon being resold by a consumer is used, regardless of if it has ever been shot or not. The fact that you and others have never seen a sealed box means you and others have never seen a "new" weapon in the hands of consumers. It's a similar concept as a car. Generally speaking, the average car loses value when you drive it from the lot because it goes from new to used. His opinion is it's the same for guns.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

New ones I've seen have the bolt or chamber tie-wrapped or a plastic red/yellow empty chamber indicator installed, But what would I know?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    New ones I've seen have the bolt or chamber tie-wrapped or a plastic red/yellow empty chamber indicator installed, But what would I know?

Personally, I don't care if the box is sealed or not sealed, if the bolt or chamber has a tie-wrap or not, if there's a chamber flag or not. If someone isn't an authorized reseller, I'm buying a used gun. LNIB...like means similar to but not the same. So if it's similar to but not new, it's used.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I thought this was kinda entertaining so I guess I will share it here because it's about marketplace behavior. I have a couple of ads up. In one, I itemize some, but not all, of the parts, list the lowest price I could find (which could be lower than I actually paid), knock off 20% for being used, then round down to an even $500. Leaving parts off means I could have valued the gun higher. Listing the cheapest price instead of what I paid for the parts means I could have valued the gun higher. Acknowledging the gun is used rather than LNIB means I could have valued the gun higher. Rounding down meand I could have valued the gun higher. The ad even said I would entertain a lower bid if someone would explain why my asking price is unreasonable.

So I got a pm from someone asking if I'd "meet in the 400$ range." I felt it was appropriate to let him know "I'd much prefer meeting around $550." He read it almost immediately. I guess he didn't appreciate my reply because he didn't respond.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Dammit John. I’ve enjoyed your company in person from time to time, but I believe you could find a way to argue with a tree on this site. Nobody’s blaming you for squat. I’m just annoyed that I had to clarify such a simple statement that was about nothing more than my personal preference on buying a gun. If you wanna turn this into a pissing match, you’re welcome to p:ss on old boy, but don’t count on me to join you. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Personally, I don't care if the box is sealed or not sealed, if the bolt or chamber has a tie-wrap or not, if there's a chamber flag or not. If someone isn't an authorized reseller, I'm buying a used gun. LNIB...like means similar to but not the same. So if it's similar to but not new, it's used.
    This is exactly what I must have failed to convey to a few folks. If it were a car, I wouldn’t even have to say it.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yes well we do have a certain reputation to up-hold on this forum.
    That would be buying something and finger farting around with it for a few weeks then listing it
    LNITB and wanting 100 bucks more than the retail?
    Am I wrong?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom