New Bill --- Guns at Parades

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I live less than 1000 feet from the Mardi Gras parade route in Lafayette, if I step out onto my street armed, during a parade, I'm committing a felony... just wow.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Any news of this bill's progress or lack thereof? I'm going to email Jindal right now.

I haven't been able to get any updated info, so send the email.

And anyone else who hasn't sent a message, or phoned in a "veto request," needs to do so NOW.

For those who didn't see the email address or the phone numbers on page 1, here they are again:

Go to this site and fill in the blanks: http://www.gov.la.gov/index.cfm?md=f...email_governor

Or phone either of these numbers and tell them you want Governor Jindal to veto House Bill 523: 225-342-7015 or 866-366-1121

Be polite and professional when you write or call.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    You also may want to call the NRA-ILA State Liaison, Chris Rager at 703-267-1213 or email him at crager@nrahq.org . Express your unhappiness that NRA is not opposing the signing of the bill. My informant said that it will be extremely hard to get Jindal to veto the bill without NRA opposing it.

Dan

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    We may be gaining some ground. I was speaking to to an NRA grass roots person who I asked to look into what was going on. He could not tell me; however, when I said that I thought I had gotten 50 or so people to write or call the governor, he responded: "Oh, it has been many more than that."

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

We may get there yet.

Dan

Top Bottom