New Law on Pistol Attachments.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I am glad I am not one of those sheep that went on registered based on an unconstitutional rule. Morons.
    I couldn’t agree more but they are so happy to tell you how they got a free tax stamp out of it lol. What a joke…. I’m not surprised by the ones who did it though if I’m being honest.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I know someone that owns a suppressor but does not want to register an sbr. Can someone explain this?
    So if someone owns a suppressor they have a tax stamp and the goberment knows they have it. If I buy 50 80% lowers or better yet a ghost gunner 2.0 that will turn a block of aluminum into a fully cut lower receiver in a few hours the goberment has no record of that. I’m not one of these guys although I’d love a ghost gunner 2.0. I’ve never fooled with any of the 80% lowers but I can clearly see why someone would not want to inform the goberment that they have 15-20 lowers that they’d like a tax stamp for. It’s hard to trust the ATF with anything as they don’t exactly have a clean track record.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I couldn’t agree more but they are so happy to tell you how they got a free tax stamp out of it lol. What a joke…. I’m not surprised by the ones who did it though if I’m being honest.

I’m not surprised at people making these comments. I guess anyone can pretend on the internet.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Let’s see yours
    67c00a5d5eb3f7ba5df60ed70159b62a.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So if someone owns a suppressor they have a tax stamp and the goberment knows they have it. If I buy 50 80% lowers or better yet a ghost gunner 2.0 that will turn a block of aluminum into a fully cut lower receiver in a few hours the goberment has no record of that. I’m not one of these guys although I’d love a ghost gunner 2.0. I’ve never fooled with any of the 80% lowers but I can clearly see why someone would not want to inform the goberment that they have 15-20 lowers that they’d like a tax stamp for. It’s hard to trust the ATF with anything as they don’t exactly have a clean track record.

You chose "15-20" as the number of lowers someone might want tax stamps for. I would say that's a pretty large number. I'd bet it is a much more than the average owner would submit requests for and you used the large number only because you felt everyone would see it as unreasonable. Did you feel this strongly about people SBR'ing one rifle before this rule was ever proposed?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I really wish I had gone ahead and registered my Ruger Charger.

However, I'm 62, out of shape, and my days of kicking doors and rounding corners are behind me.

If I want a light rifle, I've got my WWSD build which weighs in at 5#s with optic, or an M-1 Carbine. No need to sacrifice barrel length.

I really have no use for an SBR other than for a range toy, and .22LR is cheap to shoot.

As far as paranoia goes, . . . , I've already got NFA stuff, so what's one more ?
    I encounter and deal with ATF agents, along with FBI regularly in the course of my duties.
    If you are afraid of these guys you should probably stop doing whatever illegal things you're afraid they'll find out about. Most of the enforcement agents are former SF, or crayon eaters. Good guys.

It's the ones with the JD after their name you have to watchout for.
    98% of lawyers give the 2% a bad name.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    You chose "15-20" as the number of lowers someone might want tax stamps for. I would say that's a pretty large number. I'd bet it is a much more than the average owner would submit requests for and you used the large number only because you felt everyone would see it as unreasonable. Did you feel this strongly about people SBR'ing one rifle before this rule was ever proposed?
    Ok let’s say it’s more reasonable. 1 or 2. What’s your point? I absolutely feel the same way about all gun laws. They are an infringement and should not exist.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok let’s say it’s more reasonable. 1 or 2. What’s your point? I absolutely feel the same way about all gun laws. They are an infringement and should not exist.

In general, I agree about gun laws being infringements. Since that is out of the way, the NFA exists. It's a thing. Violating it has consequences, even for people who don't agree with it. Two years ago, there were 3 options when it comes to sbr's.
    1. Register the sbr as an NFA item.
    2. Acquire a sbr (buy/build/etc.) but do not register it even if it means jail time.
    3. Do not own an sbr because the law is an infringement.

Which of the 3 options do you feel people should have chosen. I'm not talking about the brace rule here. I'm talking about a few years ago before the brace rule was ever a consideration.

Top Bottom