New Law on Pistol Attachments.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    In general, I agree about gun laws being infringements. Since that is out of the way, the NFA exists. It's a thing. Violating it has consequences, even for people who don't agree with it. Two years ago, there were 3 options when it comes to sbr's.
    1. Register the sbr as an NFA item.
    2. Acquire a sbr (buy/build/etc.) but do not register it even if it means jail time.
    3. Do not own an sbr because the law is an infringement.

Which of the 3 options do you feel people should have chosen. I'm not talking about the brace rule here. I'm talking about a few years ago before the brace rule was ever a consideration.
    1 would be the clear answer for someone who wants to own a SBR but what does that have to do with the pistol brace rule? Removing the pistol brace and waiting it out also seemed like the logical answer for the pistol brace ruling. Pistols and SBR’s are two different firearms. Crossing state lines with a pistol is easy and not so much with an SBR. It seems like you’re trying to twist this into me not caring for SBR’s or people legitimately owning one and that’s not the case.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I am not drinking tonight so now maybe I can comment without typing sentences like an as***le.

I am of the mentality that all gun laws are infringements. One of the functions of the Constitution is to put/keep limits on government. However, there are laws and rules that have caused these endless discussions all across the internet, so much so that I refuse to own any of the firearms that all this madness pertains to (AR pistols, SBRs) so that I don't find myself in trouble. Little pieces of plastic, key cards (whatever TF that is), barrels of a certain length, muzzle devices, etc.

I've followed these discussions (including this thread) from the background, from this forum to multiple Youtube channels that include countless hours of video straight out of D.C., and it is crazy to me that these are the issues they're made out to be.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I really wish I had gone ahead and registered my Ruger Charger.

However, I'm 62, out of shape, and my days of kicking doors and rounding corners are behind me.

If I want a light rifle, I've got my WWSD build which weighs in at 5#s with optic, or an M-1 Carbine. No need to sacrifice barrel length.

I really have no use for an SBR other than for a range toy, and .22LR is cheap to shoot.

As far as paranoia goes, . . . , I've already got NFA stuff, so what's one more ?
    I encounter and deal with ATF agents, along with FBI regularly in the course of my duties.
    If you are afraid of these guys you should probably stop doing whatever illegal things you're afraid they'll find out about. Most of the enforcement agents are former SF, or crayon eaters. Good guys.

It's the ones with the JD after their name you have to watchout for.
    98% of lawyers give the 2% a bad name.

giphy.gif

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    1 would be the clear answer for someone who wants to own a SBR but what does that have to do with the pistol brace rule? Removing the pistol brace and waiting it out also seemed like the logical answer for the pistol brace ruling. Pistols and SBR’s are two different firearms. Crossing state lines with a pistol is easy and not so much with an SBR. It seems like you’re trying to twist this into me not caring for SBR’s or people legitimately owning one and that’s not the case.

So registering an sbr would be the clear answer for someone who wants to own an sbr. If someone were considering sbr'ing a pistol, why would it be acceptable to pay $200 to register it but not be acceptable to register it for free?

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    So registering an sbr would be the clear answer for someone who wants to own an sbr. If someone were considering sbr'ing a pistol, why would it be acceptable to pay $200 to register it but not be acceptable to register it for free?
    I am also wondering this. People make fun of me for participating in the amnesty. but I was probably going to sbr anyway and i already own several silencers.

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    I really wish I had gone ahead and registered my Ruger Charger.

However, I'm 62, out of shape, and my days of kicking doors and rounding corners are behind me.

If I want a light rifle, I've got my WWSD build which weighs in at 5#s with optic, or an M-1 Carbine. No need to sacrifice barrel length.

I really have no use for an SBR other than for a range toy, and .22LR is cheap to shoot.

As far as paranoia goes, . . . , I've already got NFA stuff, so what's one more ?
    I encounter and deal with ATF agents, along with FBI regularly in the course of my duties.
    If you are afraid of these guys you should probably stop doing whatever illegal things you're afraid they'll find out about. Most of the enforcement agents are former SF, or crayon eaters. Good guys.

It's the ones with the JD after their name you have to watchout for.
    98% of lawyers give the 2% a bad name.
    Hard to beat an M1 Carbine for close quarters. Great guns those and the M1's. And the M14's

Cripsol

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2014
    Dallas
    Not upset, just find it funny that the people that make statements like yours can never give examples of what they are doing for the rebellion . I guess I should have said hypocrites
    You fit the exact definition of a sheep. The government said jump and you asked how high. You should probably take the word rebellion out of your vocabulary.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Like why you are too simple to understand the constitutionality of rules and laws? I registered zero firearms in connection with that attempt at an over reach. You, on the other hand, peed your pants and assumed the fetal position.

"...in connection with that attempt at an over reach." Do you have any registered items? Do you consider the NFA itself to be an over reach or do you view the NFA good common sense legislation?

Personally, I do not believe SBR's should be regulated in any way beyond that of an "ordinary" rifle or pistol. And silencers shouldn't be regulated at all. I consider the NFA to be an over reach. Therefore, it is difficult for me to understand why people are so upset that someone, who would have been paying $200 to sbr a weapon absent the brace rule, has elected to sbr that weapon for free. What is it about giving the government money that make one over reach acceptable?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Like why you are too simple to understand the constitutionality of rules and laws? I registered zero firearms in connection with that attempt at an over reach. You, on the other hand, peed your pants and assumed the fetal position.

Speaking of not understanding rules, you seem to believe a rule is enforceable while it was still pending and not yet in place.

Top Bottom