New poster left me negative feedback when HE broke a deal!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I have been a member here for many years with a 100% rating. Some joker made a deal to sell me something (I made an offer he accepted) then ended up selling it to someone else for more. I left negative feedback for him. Then he turns around and leaves negative feedback for me?? How do I get this straightened out? A man is only as good as his word and this guy is proof of that. I tried to give him his first sale here and this is what I get for it. No good deed goes unpunished they say. These days that is more true that ever before.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Call him out.. What's his screen name?
    I gave him a little piece of my mind via text. He goes by SPEN.SURRR on here. His name is Spensor (real original screen name LOL). Gotta love those guys that are big behind the keyboard or in his case the cell phone keyboard. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Good to know...
    francis.jpeg

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I gave him a little piece of my mind via text. He goes by SPEN.SURRR on here. His name is Spensor (real original screen name LOL). Gotta love those guys that are big behind the keyboard or in his case the cell phone keyboard. LOL.
    Never seen that username pop up in any conversations on this site in any of the subjects/threads. That would be enough for me not to do any business with him.

Personally, I'll look through this site. If he is active somewhat, and has at least participated in a conversation or 2, I can get an idea of who I'm meeting/what to deal with. If I can't find any activity on here, no go....... To many people sign up on here strictly to use the classifieds and don't let anyone see what kind of person they are.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Never seen that username pop up in any conversations on this site in any of the subjects/threads. That would be enough for me not to do any business with him.

Personally, I'll look through this site. If he is active somewhat, and has at least participated in a conversation or 2, I can get an idea of who I'm meeting/what to deal with. If I can't find any activity on here, no go....... To many people sign up on here strictly to use the classifieds and don't let anyone see what kind of person they are.
    From what I gather he is brand new here. His first post was last week to sell a Shockwave. I saw the ad on Louisiana Sportsman for quite awhile before that. He needs to learn that this is NOT Louisiana Sportsman.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish

He's active on this thread: https://bayoushooter.com/threads/generator-question.214656/

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Look through the site and use google. People tend to act differently when they think they are anonymous. But it's tough to be anonymous on the internet. Google is your friend. We're getting one side to the story so I'm not going to post the details of what I found. After about 5 minutes of searching publicly available resources online, I believe I now know his name, where he works, where he lives, how much was paid for his house, and I suspect he may have gotten married in the last few years to someone associated with film and/or tv. It's tough to be anonymous on the internet. People should act accordingly.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Look through the site and use google. People tend to act differently when they think they are anonymous. But it's tough to be anonymous on the internet. Google is your friend. We're getting one side to the story so I'm not going to post the details of what I found. After about 5 minutes of searching publicly available resources online, I believe I now know his name, where he works, where he lives, how much was paid for his house, and I suspect he may have gotten married in the last few years to someone associated with film and/or tv. It's tough to be anonymous on the internet. People should act accordingly.
    Yep. Agreed.

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    Call him out.. What's his screen name?
    Beat me to it

I've always thought such forums as this should have n"Avoid transactions with xxxx" sticky

Of course such folks would likely just re-register under a different alias/with a different free email. I do miss the days of the ISP-Provided email

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Yep. Agreed. I have his texts saved to show the other side if this conversation. He is an ass with a big mouth. One day that mouth of his is gonna get him into a world of hurt, especially in today's world.

Sad because I remember a time not so long ago where everybody I met on BS was a 100% solid good guy. Sadly, "times they are a changing. "

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    I've had that happen 2 times to me from a member agreeing to a price and meeting up for the deal, only for them to back out either on the day we are going to meet or actually on my way. Happened to my son just last week.
    FUGGUM.

Ain't worth leaving feedback

That's the biggest complaint I have with not being able to post replies in the market place. Sellers /buyers are less likely to crawfish if their actions are seen out in the open on the forum

Top Bottom