Newt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    A word to all the Paul supporters. I agree with a lot of his ideas, most actually. And I understand the prison rape analogy. But you have to face the reality that there are not enough Paul supporters for him to beat Obama. We all hate what the Progressive movement has done to this country. But that did not happen overnight and we will not get this country back to where it needs to be in one big step. It will take many years. While electing a true Constitutionalist to the presidency is a good start it's not all that is needed. We need patriots at every level of government. Think baby steps. It would be far better to elect a Newt or a Romney and add some conservative seats to Congress than it would be to let Obama win another term. Wars are seldom won with a single battle victory. You win some and lose some. You have to be smart enough to know which battles to fight. Our smartest move right now is to support and elect a candidate who can beat Obama....then move on to the next battle. It may be better to polish Rand Paul for a run at the White House after the foundation is set.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    A word to all the Paul supporters. I agree with a lot of his ideas, most actually. And I understand the prison rape analogy. But you have to face the reality that there are not enough Paul supporters for him to beat Obama. We all hate what the Progressive movement has done to this country. But that did not happen overnight and we will not get this country back to where it needs to be in one big step. It will take many years. While electing a true Constitutionalist to the presidency is a good start it's not all that is needed. We need patriots at every level of government. Think baby steps. It would be far better to elect a Newt or a Romney and add some conservative seats to Congress than it would be to let Obama win another term. Wars are seldom won with a single battle victory. You win some and lose some. You have to be smart enough to know which battles to fight. Our smartest move right now is to support and elect a candidate who can beat Obama....then move on to the next battle. It may be better to polish Rand Paul for a run at the White House after the foundation is set.

an dats da fax jax

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Newt is the only one running that at this time that has the fortitude to be strong on foreign policy regarding our and Israels enemies.

No, Jim !

Did you forget Texas Governor Rick Perry ?

I admit that Perry is not as polished as Newt; but, he has always done the right things; even when it came to admitting and correcting his own mistakes, and pronto !

This race is just beginning !

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    No, Jim !

I admit that Perry is not as polished as Newt; but, he has always done the right things; even when it came to admitting and correcting his own mistakes, and pronto !

Perry's right things list...

Heading al gores Texas campaign
    Supporting Hillary's healthcare reform
    Allowing in state tuition for illegals
    Force vaccinations

Oh yeah, he's great!

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    No, Jim !

Perry's right things list...

Heading al gores Texas campaign
    Supporting Hillary's healthcare reform
    Allowing in state tuition for illegals
    Force vaccinations

Oh yeah, he's great! :rofl:

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    The short-lived candidacy of Ricardo "Amnesty" Perry is dead as a doornail. Richard Nixon is probably polling higher. A hardcore Conservative patriot friend of mine lives in TX, and absolutely LOATHES Perry.

Cain is the man for me, but alas, I think the smear machine was probably successful, and that his campaign is likely over. It's a pity; I love the idea of a non-politician as POTUS.

Newt talks the talk, but also has a lot of baggage, and is most definitely part of the old-school political establishment. His endorsement of liberal RINO traitor b!tch Scozzafava in the NY-23 House race a couple of years ago really pissed me off, among other things.

That said, I'll take him over milquetoast/moderate/RINO Romney. I think Newt has a much better chance in the general than Romney, though the leftist media will tear him a new arsehole. As long as he has the cojones to throw it back in their faces, he'll do well.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Let's say you were locked up in prison. You know at some point a gang of (choose whatever scares you most here) approach you in the shower. There are 8 of them and just you. The odds are that no matter what you do they are going to take what they want. Now, would you fight till there was nothing left in you or would you just grab your ankles and punk yourself out?

Don't be a punk and vote for Romney or Perry or Newt or whoever the media tells you is the republican leader, be a fighter and vote for Paul if you have any claim to freedom and liberty.

If Paul gets the nomination, sure I'll vote for him.

If he doesn't and decides to run as a third party candidate, we'll all be "enjoying" another four year prison shower with the Obama Gang.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    No, Jim !

BINGO! This is EXACTLY what I was gonna say. leVieux just got up earlier than me.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Charles Krauthammer has an excellent analysis of the Gingrich / Romney race out today. Everyone should read it. It basically follows the William F. Buckley rule (of which Krauthammer is a longstanding subscriber): "Support the most conservative candidate who is electable.”

Here's the summation...
    "My own view is that Republicans would have been better served by the candidacies of Mitch Daniels, Paul Ryan or Chris Christie. Unfortunately, none is running. You play the hand you’re dealt. This is a weak Republican field with two significantly flawed front-runners contesting an immensely important election. If Obama wins, he will take the country to a place from which it will not be able to return (which is precisely his own objective for a second term)."

Full text here....
    http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...its-the-undesireable-against-the-unelectable/

I think his analysis is spot on. As to Ron Paul, the Buckley rule eliminates him. The best (for him) that he can hope for is to be a spoiler siphoning off sorely needed votes that would otherwise help defeat the current resident of the White House, just like Ross Perot and George Wallace. It would not surprise me at all if it came out that Democrats were contributing to Ron Paul's campaign. It doesn't matter one whit that some of Ron Paul's comments are insightful or that some of them are just plain kook drivel. He will NEVER be elected.

So you can stand on your principals and help take us all to hell or you can stand on your intellect and help restore the republic.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    So you can stand on your principals and help take us all to hell or you can stand on your intellect and help restore the republic.

When I stand before the Lord to account for what I have done, it is not my intellect that will be in question.

PRINCIPALS! DEPTH OF CHARACTER! MORALS!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Charles Krauthammer has an excellent analysis of the Gingrich / Romney race out today. Everyone should read it. It basically follows the William F. Buckley rule (of which Krauthammer is a longstanding subscriber): "Support the most conservative candidate who is electable.”

Here's the summation...
    "My own view is that Republicans would have been better served by the candidacies of Mitch Daniels, Paul Ryan or Chris Christie. Unfortunately, none is running. You play the hand you’re dealt. This is a weak Republican field with two significantly flawed front-runners contesting an immensely important election. If Obama wins, he will take the country to a place from which it will not be able to return (which is precisely his own objective for a second term)."

Full text here....
    http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...its-the-undesireable-against-the-unelectable/

I think his analysis is spot on. As to Ron Paul, the Buckley rule eliminates him. The best (for him) that he can hope for is to be a spoiler siphoning off sorely needed votes that would otherwise help defeat the current resident of the White House, just like Ross Perot and George Wallace. It would not surprise me at all if it came out that Democrats were contributing to Ron Paul's campaign. It doesn't matter one whit that some of Ron Paul's comments are insightful or that some of them are just plain kook drivel. He will NEVER be elected.

The Krautmeister is one of the most knowledgeable political pundits I have ever heard speak. Man knows what he's talking about.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    No, Jim !

Also, Perry carries. He has a CHL and carries a CCW daily. He even had to use it once.

I wonder if the Secret Service would let a President carry.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Reagan carried.

Yeah, but he was owned by me!
    090616045316_john_hinckley.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members