Newt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    err...Newt voted to create a gun registry under the guise of speeding up background checks, he co-sponsored the bill that created gun free zones, wanted to severely punished gun owners for possessing a laser sighting device while committing an infraction as minor as speeding on a federal reservation, not only that, but he wanted to federalize local and state police.

Newt changes positions at the drop of a hat. I'm not saying this because i'm a Paul guy. I live in reality; I know Paul has an uphill battle, but Newt ain't it, fellas.

http://www.congress.org/soapbox/alert/57840506

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    err...Newt voted to create a gun registry under the guise of speeding up background checks, he co-sponsored the bill that created gun free zones, wanted to severely punished gun owners for possessing a laser sighting device while committing an infraction as minor as speeding on a federal reservation, not only that, but he wanted to federalize local and state police.

Newt changes positions at the drop of a hat. I'm not saying this because i'm a Paul guy. I live in reality; I know Paul has an uphill battle, but Newt ain't it, fellas.

http://www.congress.org/soapbox/alert/57840506

None of them are it! But you are not going to change any minds here. Whichever of these sacks of **** come out as the GOP nominee needs to be voted in this cycle regardless.

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    I'm not trying to change minds. I'm letting eveyrone know that Newt is anti-2a...and anti Bill of Rights when it suits him. Newt is the worst of all possible choices. I am die hard for Paul but i'd vote for Edwin Edwards over Newt!

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not trying to change minds. I'm letting eveyrone know that Newt is anti-2a...and anti Bill of Rights when it suits him. Newt is the worst of all possible choices. I am die hard for Paul but i'd vote for Edwin Edwards over Newt!

I forgot about some of his shenanigans. Thanks for the timely updates. I recalled "a lot of controversy" surrounding the 2nd Amendment - just couldn't place it all (or recollect it all).

I'd not vote for the GOP if that's their nominee, either...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

House and Senate Republicans that are pro-gun hold a huge majority within their ranks. I doubt very seriously that he would be willing to go up against them unless he turns to the scumbaggery the Pretender has with Executive Order. I think circumventing the Congress by Executive Order is the only thing the Pretender actually understands about the office succinctly.;)

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Didn't we say all this crap about Obama, and while he is in the White House, no harm has come to our Second Amendment rights?

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    The Lord requires that we do what is right in His eyes. Not our own.

I'll vote my conscience. If my vote causes a lesser man to be elected, so be it.

If everyone did the same, we wouldn't be playing the game set before us with these rigged rules. The media and the controllers would be going crazy because they don't understand free men. They can only control us if we allow it.

If we keep allowing this to go on, we will be weakened to the point that our watered down vote will be worth nothing. Then we will be slaves.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Emperor, he will have a strong defense. We don't have to have boots on the ground and police the world to defend the home land.

Everyone around Iran has nuclear weapons... China, Russia, Pakistan and India. If we can protect ourselves from the first three without full war then we should be able to do the same with Iran. As far as Iran possible attacks on isreal, in the words of some philosopher... "don't start no ****, won't be no ****"

Just plain ridiculously naive. Those three have RATIONAL leadership. The pygmy in Iran and his buddies have "slipped off the raft."

Let me illustrate. You are walking along. A wild eyed fellow with a history of not playing well with others is storming toward you with a shotgun in hand. He shoulders the gun, chambers a round, brings the muzzle to bear. Do you suppose that your smartest move is to wait for him to fire before you respond? Really? Really, really?

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just plain ridiculously naive. Those three have RATIONAL leadership. The pygmy in Iran and his buddies have "slipped off the raft."

Let me illustrate. You are walking along. A wild eyed fellow with a history of not playing well with others is storming toward you with a shotgun in hand. He shoulders the gun, chambers a round, brings the muzzle to bear. Do you suppose that your smartest move is to wait for him to fire before you respond? Really? Really, really?

It's the vocal minority in the US that have "slipped off the raft", my friend.

Nuclear Power does not = nuclear weapons and nuclear weapons does not automatically mean warfare. They are a nasty deterrent for sure. Just like the firearms I assume you own...

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    This is absolutely the worst time for the US to withdraw from the rest of the world. Iran will become a major power and will encourage a world wide jihad. They will finish taking over France and become further entrenched in Great Briton without a shot fired. China will take over the Far East. Russia has their own problems.
    Electing Paul is not a possibility. Obama will win re-election if we nominate Paul. Paul running as an independent will again win Obama the re-election. He knows that and hopefully will not try.
    Newt has a lot of skeletons in his closet and is further left than I want. Romney is a moderate. Primary I guess I'd vote Romney but only while holding my nose. I'll keep hoping for a more conservative option to emerge at the convention.
    Like many, in the general election my goal is to keep Obama out the White House.

Everyone is making such a big commotion over the White House election. Isn't Mary Landrieu up for re-election at the same time? If we can swing the Senate then we can undo some of the ridiculous laws that have been passed in the last 3 years.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Iran has not and will not become a Global Heavyweight. At best they will become a regional power - thanks to George Bush and Barack Obama.

We've no business fighting for oil pipeline routes, oil concessions and geopolitical chokepoints around the globe - particularly in Eurasia where the "Bear and Dragon" (both nuclear powers...) reside. This is utter madness and a cocksure way of insuring conflict.

Research the Pentagon's term "Full Spectrum Dominance". You may be in for a surprise.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Newt's group just ticked me off. They called me with a recorded message (strike one, have a real person- preferably a city councilman, local business man, etc- call me, not a recording) during the Saints game (strike two... don't call during dinner, and especially don't call during a game!).

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    The Lord requires that we do what is right in His eyes. Not our own.

I'll vote my conscience. If my vote causes a lesser man to be elected, so be it.

If everyone did the same, we wouldn't be playing the game set before us with these rigged rules. The media and the controllers would be going crazy because they don't understand free men. They can only control us if we allow it.

If we keep allowing this to go on, we will be weakened to the point that our watered down vote will be worth nothing. Then we will be slaves.

I'm with you. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom